Neil Peart Cymbals question

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not sure how exactly to get support for this kit and I don't see a manual that explains the routings of the kit pieces. So, I'll start here. Let me know if there is a better place to address this question.

Precursor, totally love the toms on this thing... can't wait for "more to come", if it means more kit pieces.

Using BFD-2 in Cubase 6.

I load up the 18 kit.

I can route all the kick, snare, toms direct to individual channels. I've enabled the additional mono/stereo channels in the VSTi rack for BFD.

For some reason, the cymbals are only playing back on the OH, Room and Amb3 channel. There is a very faint direct signal, but even if I route an individual cymbal to one of the mono channels, the extremely faint output still goes to the direct channel instead of the mapped channel. Again, Kick, Snare, Toms, Cow Bell, Hat all work as expected. It's just the cymbals.

So, are the cymbals only miced to OH/Room/Amb3? Or could I have had install issues? How can I tell?
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

I should add that loading a cymbal doesn't load the channel in the Mixer page for the cymbal. However, if I load another cymbal not from the set into the cymbal slot on the kit page, the mixer entry is created, then loading the NKP cymbal into that slot will then have the NPK piece be represented in the mixer.

Maybe pics will help clear up that ramble

load cymbal into empty BFD instance.

mixer page doesn't have crash 2 available even though it is loaded

ok, so I popped open the info.xml file for a few of the cymbals and I see that they are mapped to only the OH,Room and Amb3 channels. Kind of weird when trying to balance the cymbals out from the rest of the kit. I guess I can significantly lower the other kit pieces from those channels, but that's kind of odd way to do it. Any chance of getting direct miced cymbals in the future?

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”