Drum Masters 2 - cannot get hi hat set correctly on TD20kx

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello and apologies if this has been dealt with before -

I love the Gretsch and Premier kits I have purchased, save for one thing which I have not been able to resolve - the control of the hi hat. I am hoping someone can tell me what I am doing wrong!

In order to get the fully closed sound, I am having to press very hard on the pedal. If I use 'normal' foot pressure, then I get the very slightly open sound. I assumed I need to play with the various trims to start with, but this is not correct. Then I looked at the 'settings' area, and thought that must be it. Yet whatever I do with the settings there, whether all buttons are 'on' or 'off', does not change the fact I need to almost stand on the pedal to get a fully closed sound. I also looked at the mid - open range button, but changing that did not work either (although presumably I would need a 'fully closed to lightly pressed together button, which does not exist!)

In the Roland TD20 brain, I simply adjust the 'off-set' control to get this how I want it. What is the equivalent in the DM2 software to the Roland 'off-set'.

I have even resorted to adjusting the mechanics of the hi hat stand, in a desperate (and futile) attempt to trick the software into thinking the hat was fully closed when I only pressed down with 'normal' force!

Any help gratefully received! Many thanks!

If you have the hi hat instrumenet in V-Drum map mode then there are "range" knobs in the mapping menu of the Kontakt instrument for hi hat I believe. You can try adjusting those but there's also some control in the TD20 itself to do this and if you read the manual there should be some tips on what to do. It could have to do with your hardware set up as well. The TD20 sometimes responds to itself better than it does sending out the midi - or at least a little differently. Can be a little pain to set up but once you've got it then you're good to go.

I promise you I have already read the manual and been trying the various range knobs, before asking for help on the forum!! This is why I am going nuts. Anyway, I will try again.
I did not realise that I could adjust the TD20 itself, and that this might follow through to the DM2 software - I had assumed that everything went straight thru the midi, over-riding the TD20 controls. So I will adjust the off-set in TD20 and see what that does.
Many thanks.

Ah Ha! That worked! I re-adjusted the off set in my TD20 brain, and hey presto! Thank you.

Sounds gorgeous and works beautifully!

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”