Drum Masters2 - Cannot get it to recognise my Aux on Roland TD20KX

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello. I have a Roland TD20-KX, but with an extra tom (Aux 1) and two extra cymbals (Aux's 2 and 3). I have used the v-drum mode in drum masters, and it has happily recognised the stock kit. However it is not picking up the three extra bits i have (the Aux's).

I can see on the output section of drum masters that there are four Aux's showing, so I figure it must be possible to assign my extra toms and cymbals to these, but I cannot work out how to do it! Am I being stupid?

Many thanks

Hello jouxplan and welcome to the forum.

When you say "not picking up" do you mean that the MIDI is not tirggering anything? You can change the map assignments in each instrument on the Mapping panel for the instrument. THen save it s a (slight-differently named) Multi).

Or, do you want more Output audio channels?

In Kontakt, it is not possible to route an Instrument to an Aux channel. They are destinations for the 4 Sends available for each instrument. What you can do is create additional channels in the Kontakt Mixer, name them suitably, and route them to the appropriate plugin outputs. Have a look at section 14 in the Kontakt Reference manual.

Also, get the Drum Masters 2 manual from the Sonic Reality site. On the Support page there are several valuable resources and updates.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Thank you!

Doh! I now realise how stupid my question was. I made the mistake of assuming the Aux Channels in Kontakt equated to the Aux outputs on my TD20KX. Your answer put me right.

I had devoured the DM2 manual, but had not looked at the Kontakt manual - section 14 sorted me out.

I have managed now to map everything as I want, and it all works perfectly.

Your help was very much appreciated, thank you.

You're welcome.
:)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I am going to be doing a video tutorial on this soon. But the way to get the aux inputs on the TD20 to trigger extra toms or any other pad you have for any instrument is to put that individual instrument within the Kontakt kit multi into "Custom" mode in the MAPPING section. Once you're there you can midi learn each articulation (center, rim etc.) and then save the kit back. Takes a few seconds and you've got it mapped... technically you could do a whole kit that way or you can move the toms and cymbals around in their "slots" in V-Drum mode.

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”