Sonic Elements does a Rush cover with Neil Peart Drums & ex members of Yes!

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Have to post the news in the SR forum. Read below for more details about this new virtual band project. One of the tracks in the works is a Rush song featuring myself, ex-members of the band Yes and other guests. Here's the news I posted in the Music Cafe:

-----
I've created a new fantasy rock band called "Sonic Elements". Actually, it was created in 2005 when we performed a live gig with Jon Anderson of the band Yes but we've revived it recently to do loads of new tracks. I use the word 'fantasy' because it's a band made up of spectacular guest musicians playing originals and covers with me and the amazing drummers we've sampled for Sonic Reality software products like Neil Peart of Rush, Nick D'Virgilio of Spock's Beard, Bill Bruford of King Crimson, Alan White of Yes, Bob Siebenberg of Supertramp, Terry Bozzio, Billy Cobham, Rod Morgenstein, Steve Gadd...

So using their recorded drum parts (loops or sampled drum kits played via midi) I've built a virtual band around it featuring a revolving door of my favorite singers, guitarists, bass players... I'll usually play the keys but sometimes I'll have some fun guests join me on keys too like Keith Emerson of ELP or Erik Norlander of Asia (feat John Payne).

We're about to release a remake of an old Peter Gabriel song. It will feature Francis Dunnery (originally from It Bites) on vocals, myself on keyboards (with a little Fairlight help from Larry Fast, the original keyboard player from Gabriel's band) and it's all done with the digitally recreated drum kit and audio grooves of Jerry Marotta (the drummer that played on the original Peter Gabriel album the song came from) from his Drum Masters title on www.esoundz.com

If you want to hear it I'll be sharing it first on the Sonic Reality Progressive Rock Project's Facebook page. You'll have to join the page by clicking "like" in order to hear it when it is posted. http://www.facebook.com/sonicelements

Hope you like it! There's other tracks already posted on the page too if you like classic & progressive rock.

This is a fun example of hearing Sonic Reality drums and other instrument sounds "in action" and in musical context. Granted it's just one style and our sounds can be used in many many styles. But it is a style of music I've always liked and if you do too then there's bound to be something interesting in this project for you. We're also going to do a contest soon where you can jam with Neil Peart's soon to be released audio grooves and be judged by Rush's A&R guy to win something VERY cool!

You're living the life! :)

WOW Squids!! I didn't know you were a fellow prog rock addict!! I really look forward to hearing your stuff; friending your facebook now!! If you'd like, you can hear some of my own prog rock stuff on facebook as well. http://www.facebook.com/AeonSatori

We are a family band with myself playing "lead guitar' with samples via a WX5 midi wind controller, brother on a midi drum kit, my Dad on bass and vocals. Maybe one day we can meet up and jam together!!

All the best on this project! It sounds AWESOME!!
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

Thanks guys! It's a fun project. I don't know if I'm a prog "addict" per se. But I grew up on Yes, Genesis, Floyd etc. and I enjoy working with those sort of sounds, moods, atmospheres - classical or jazz influenced rock etc. It's especially fun working with the samples of vintage instruments, the drum kit samples, loops and collab with various musicians from these bands.

Playing lead guitar on a WX5 huh? Cool! I listened to the main track on your page. Some really good proggy moments in there! Best of luck with your music LGK!

ZombyWoof wrote:You're living the life! :)
Thanks ZW. To me even just making music PERIOD is "living the life"... especially if you have control over what happens with it after you're done. I value that.

This project is going along really well. A lot of fun working with these drum tracks. Just a head's up, we're going to be doing a contest soon and it's going to be big! Working on getting some really cool prizes involved. More news coming but practice your chops! This is going to be good.

Here's an early work in progress clip. It's part 1 of an instrumental jam.

http://soundcloud.com/sonicelements/trifecta-pt-1-wip

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”