Sonic Reality Infinite Worksation opinions

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have all the SR Gold refills for Reason and whilst they're a bit 'old' compared to some of the newer sound libraries around now, I still find them very useful when doing little song demos in Reason & Record.

Is the new Infinite Worksation for Kontakt with it's 12GB sound library similar or the same when it comes to sound content and quality?

Can the Gold refills even be converted to be read by Kontakt 4?

I don't relish spending another $250+ for sounds that I already have in my system.
Imac 3.4ghz/16gb ram/M Audio C600/PT11/Logic Pro X/Reason 7/Final Cut Pro X/Stacks of 3rd party plug ins.
MIDITEK MUSIC PRODUCTION, RECORDING & TUITION- Recording, production & mixing backing tracks, demos, albums & jingles.

Infinite Workstation Gold is like having all of the best sounds from both Sonic Refills Gold and Miroslav Refills Gold in Kontakt plus more. The quality is perhaps a little better as well. There is no other way to convert the refill sounds to Kontakt (at least not legally but even if you could it would take forever to do get it to this extent). It's actually an amazing deal even if you already own many of these sounds in other formats. If you think of it more like a crossgrade then the Gold bundle makes a lot of sense.

Also, as you say, some sounds are timeless and don't get "dated". So "old" is a matter of perception. If used well in a track you think anyone listening can point out "hey that's an old sound" vs. a new one? Probably not... that is unless the sound itself is vintage. Depends on the sound of course and some are more convincing than others especially depending on how it is played but... bottom line is that these sounds are useful, inspiring and the bang for the buck is huge. Great to have them in Kontakt. I use them all the time myself. VERY handy. Plus, the orchestral sounds which we don't advertise as being part of the Miroslav library for political reasons but it's sound for sound the same as what are in the corresponding Miroslav Refills have an extra feature of key switching articulations. I am going to demonstrate that soon but it's really cool. You can go from legato to staccato to pizzicato to tremolo all in real time during a performance. You can't do that in the other format versions we've programmed for those sounds.

Thanks for the concise email Squids. I'll seriously look at getting it whenever Esoundz might decide to have a nice big sale for Infinite Workstation Gold. A lot of what is included in IWG is already included in the stock 44GB Kontakt 4 library but vastly superior in quality thanks to K4 scripting etc etc etc.

If I didn't already own Sampletank 2, Sonic Synth 2 and Miroslav Philharmonik, I'd seriously ponder about getting IWG! Well.... whenever Esoudz has a big sale for it! Ooooppppssss I said that again! :) :)
Imac 3.4ghz/16gb ram/M Audio C600/PT11/Logic Pro X/Reason 7/Final Cut Pro X/Stacks of 3rd party plug ins.
MIDITEK MUSIC PRODUCTION, RECORDING & TUITION- Recording, production & mixing backing tracks, demos, albums & jingles.

Scripting doesn't affect the quality of the sound just the features and sometimes performance or tweakability. But I know what you mean. These "workstation" sounds are not meant to each individually be deluxe or anything. In fact it's similar to V.i. One from Vir 2 who has other products with more deluxe scripting and their workstation was more basic but chock full of sounds.

Anyway, the product is on sale now. It's a bundle of 15 different titles that are over $50 each. So not only is there a hefty discount on the bundle itself but then the Gold itself is on sale so... not sure how much better that is going to get. We do have a Workstation SE that is less expensive but it doesn't have all of the orchestral sounds and everything else. On the other hand we may do a crossgrade discount for those that have Sonic Refill Gold or Miroslav Gold or SS2 or Miroslav Philharmonik and since you do you would qualify for that so perhaps you can wait for that. It might be something that's not advertised though. Could be something just posted in our forum on KVR so keep an eye out. It really is worth having. Even if something has the same type of sounds they are not the same sounds and there are some real gems in this collection as you know.

Although... maybe we will make it an official thing. I'll let you know. It's not a bad idea right now during this GB for those that also want these sort of workstation sounds in Kontakt. You may just be onto something! Haha.

Squids

If you guys decide to do a cross grade discount price for Infinite Workstation Gold, I'd most definitely be interested! I already own Sampletank 2 wih a stack of expansions, Sonic Synth 2, Miroslav Philharmonik, a stack of Sonic reality stuff etc so I'd definitely be eligible ! :)

Please let me know if something like this takes place and I'll no doubt place an order ASAP. :) Cheers and thanks for your great service.

:)

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”