Is the SampleTank MIDI CTL window accessible without...

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

clicking MIDI CTL and then a knob? (For when you want to modify an existing assignment.)

It's no biggie (since SampleTank forgets unassigned knobs/controls), but I was wondering if there's a one-click way and I'm too stupid to see it.

BTW, the answer is no. The people who did the interface were on crack. It's still a great product, nonetheless!

The Midi Control is cool but it is a little quirky and has a few oddities. One is you have to type twice to input the number sometimes. There are a variety of things that are a little clunky there but they work and there's some cool stuff you can do with it so... I just work around those things. When SampleTank 3 comes out I think it will improve a lot of that functionality quite a bit.

Squids wrote:One is you have to type twice to input the number sometimes.
I've actually never had that happen. My only beef is that there's no single-click way to open the window, but it's no big problem.

I kind of hope the same MIDI control functionality is in ST3, as I enjoy mapping the CCs to automation lanes in REAPER (smoother than the CC lanes) and I like being able to set the range of each control I automate after the fact without having to touch the lanes.

It's kind of a special purpose thing, I realize... But a great way to get AMAZING expression/tweakiness/modulation/motion/evolution out of the bread & butter sounds in the Total Workstation libraries.

I really love taking classic Tron sounds and modulating them into something otherworldly throughout the course of a song, and there's really no other synth/sampler that can so such things as easily as SampleTank and the stretch engine.

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”