Studiophonik new content inquiry...

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey folks,

Glad to see something new for the Studiophonik Group Buy users! Downloading now.

Since the dates appear to have been removed from our eSoundz user areas, I am unable to confirm whether there have been new additions to the previous content or not.

Is the Volume 4 addition of drums the only new content? Can I assume that volumes 1-3 are identical to what we downloaded after the Group Buy in 2009?

And are we still to be looking forward to a final product with some additional guitars and basses?

Thanks in advance,

Zeddman
Somewhere in the background zedd

Just did some audtioning of the new drum content. It is awesome. There are some truly useful and interesting drum sounds in that bundle which will be very useful in projects to come. The new Snares and Toms content has some particularly interesting kit pieces with a tonne of character.

Thanks eSoundz! :love:

I only hope that SampleTank 3 will allow for a more efficient utilization of this kind of content. It would be nice to be able to load those COMBI presets without wiping out other instruments that are already loaded in a SampleTank instance. It would be good if you could load a COMBI while retaining already loaded instruments. I guess I need to just have an instance of SampleTank entirely dedicated to Studiophonik drums, but unfortunately dual instances of SampleTank on my system have a serious affect on my resources.

zedd wrote:
Is the Volume 4 addition of drums the only new content? Can I assume that volumes 1-3 are identical to what we downloaded after the Group Buy in 2009?

And are we still to be looking forward to a final product with some additional guitars and basses?

Thanks in advance,

Zeddman
The first three are exactly the same. Only the name has changed (no more "prelude"). No need to download those but volume 4 is all new! Enjoy.

Yes there will be additional guitars and basses from the original Studiophonik library and yes those too will be free to all that joined that infamous SPK Prelude Group Buy (for sale to everyone else).

However, to be clear, there is no "final product" as a plug-in with IK. The product was dropped eons ago. At the time we did the group buy it looked like it might happen again but unfortunately not and now IK (for awhile now) has been focusing on SampleTank 3 (as hinted to on their Facebook page). ST3 will work differently but it WILL make GREAT use of these sounds as a SAMPLE LIBRARY. At the moment there aren't even plans to release these titles THRU IK though. It's an esoundz exclusive and... actually it's a pretty cool high end library not to miss as I am sure many would agree.

One thing about it is that it is iMAP only and no GM. For the IK drum stuff we're doing (yes we're doing more) we'll be focusing more on GM. So if you want some great IMAP kits then these two Studiophonik volumes are the way to go. We might even do a third (and yes that TOO would be free to the Prelude Group Buyers... ramming home our apology and gratitude for their patience for the extras promised).

Sound good?

Squids wrote:Yes there will be additional guitars and basses from the original Studiophonik library and yes those too will be free to all that joined that infamous SPK Prelude Group Buy (for sale to everyone else).
Awesome! :love:
Squids wrote:Sound good?
Absolutely. 8)
Squids wrote:For the IK drum stuff we're doing (yes we're doing more) we'll be focusing more on GM. So if you want some great IMAP kits then these two Studiophonik volumes are the way to go. We might even do a third (and yes that TOO would be free to the Prelude Group Buyers... ramming home our apology and gratitude for their patience for the extras promised).
I think it is a shame that IK would be more interested in GM when iMAP should be the new standard.

When Abbey Road released their 60s Drums product, I was one of the users who wrote to them and requested that they incorporate iMAP mapping, and a few months later the product was updated with the ability to easily switch between a multitude of mappings, including iMAP.

With SampleTank 3, IK should have something similar built in so that ANY drum library can automatically be remapped into GM or iMap with the flick of a switch. Going with GM as a rigid mapping for drum libraries would be a mistake, and I would probably not use them if they did that.

I hope that with ST3 they are working on flexibility of use for a whole bunch of things. Being able to extend keyboard ranges of instruments, and remove samples, or automatically remap samples should be part of the basic functioning of the updated product.

Also notch filter is very east add i think,not so easy but very easy still i think add comb filter. i mean some these samples form soniksynth for example have new life if they added....

Squids wrote:Sound good?
Yep

StudioPhonik web page wrote:Studiophonik Multichannel Instruments for SampleTank!

Now you can mix between dry and ambient mics for drum kits, choose and mix between different pick ups for your guitars and bass sounds in real-time
Squids (or any lucky owner),

Can you describe how this is implemented? With a screenshot or two?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:
StudioPhonik web page wrote:Studiophonik Multichannel Instruments for SampleTank!

Now you can mix between dry and ambient mics for drum kits, choose and mix between different pick ups for your guitars and bass sounds in real-time
Squids (or any lucky owner),

Can you describe how this is implemented? With a screenshot or two?
Each instrument basically has two different sample sets (one wet and one dry) and there is a macro knob which allows you to choose a blend between them. Some of the instruments also allow you to have different panning for each sample set. It is basically like layering two virtual instruments and adjusting the levels of each to create a new combo instrument.

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”