It's kinda dissapointing you can't use your Epointz on the IK T-racks plugins...

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yep. I guess you get what I mean without me repeating it again. Epointz can only be used on Sonic Reality produced products most of the time. The rest is "manually decided exceptions" (don't know the correct English description, sorry). It doesn't work on on all products in the shop. It's not what you really say in your ads though. I still like you guys but this is kind of not good. Don't you think? In a better world you would state that in your newsletter, ads, forums and on the website when talking about Epointz. Might have to do with different producer/consumer cultures in USA vs Europe or I might have missed something in the fine print. If so, please point me in the right direction. And I know you're note supposed to loose money on this but then you should state that the Epointz are only good for Sonic Reality products and some exception.

Just to finish my post off I choose to quote from the latest newletter I got in the mail:

"On eSoundz.com we have a referral system where you and another person can receive 5% of the purchase (up to $5) back into your accounts as "ePointz" which are credits toward future purchases on esoundz."

It has sure fooled me.

Besides, MSRP isn't $129. It's $99. You know that.

Cheers anyway! :)

I had to think a minute before responding because I really don't want to give a bump to such a thoughtless thread.

Even a casual review of the Esoundz website and any of its forums will reveal that Epointz are meant to be a homegrown perk, meaning that you can redeem them for just about any of Sonic Reality's own downloadable products. In fact, they have an entire website - downloadablesoundz.com where you can use your Epointz to your heart's content.

IK is not Sonic Reality or eSoundz. eSoundz has to pay IK for its products and can't control what they can charge. Same goes for just about any other company that sells its goods through eSoundz and other sites.

It's not "disturbing" (it's not even 'irksome' or 'annoying' for that matter) that you can't get IK's brand new release for free (or close to it) on eSoundz. Notably, you can't get it anywhere else for that either, not even using IK's own twisted points system.

Finally, search for T-Racks singles online with just about any retailer, and you will see the MSRP as $129. Is it widely available with a street price of $99? Absolutely. But there are advertising limitations that retailers must abide by with manufacturers. And MSRP prices are in that category.

The fact is that Esoundz is one of the most reputable dealers around And, even when they can't beat someone's price (like when there's a group buy or manufacturer's sale) they go balls to the wall to offer other very tasty incentives.

I know I've made my point, but I'd hate for someone that didn't know any better to stumble onto your post and not get the full story.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:I had to think a minute before responding because I really don't want to give a bump to such a thoughtless thread.
That's ok.
Even a casual review of the Esoundz website and any of its forums will reveal that Epointz are meant to be a homegrown perk, meaning that you can redeem them for just about any of Sonic Reality's own downloadable products. In fact, they have an entire website - downloadablesoundz.com where you can use your Epointz to your heart's content.
You're right in that, how it's supposed to be seen when you really know how it works. And I've been buying stuff from SR for a few years now so I know. But I find it non-serious that they aren't explicit about that there are exceptions. What's so wrong with telling people how it really works? Including all the quirks and occasional exceptions. Please point me into that direction if you find anywhere public on their site where they say how it really works and I will remove my statements.
IK is not Sonic Reality or eSoundz. eSoundz has to pay IK for its products and can't control what they can charge. Same goes for just about any other company that sells its goods through eSoundz and other sites.
I know that. But I'm not discussing who's what and selling what. I'm discussing what SR is NOT saying.
It's not "disturbing" (it's not even 'irksome' or 'annoying' for that matter) that you can't get IK's brand new release for free (or close to it) on eSoundz. Notably, you can't get it anywhere else for that either, not even using IK's own twisted points system.
No, it's not disturbing. I changed the title of this thread. It's disappointing to me. I'm the OP. I don't care if it's for free or not. I already know how it works. That's not the matter here. SR is not telling us how it works in their official channels and use as a leverage to sell their products. That is what I don't like. Just be frank and say that there are exception to the system. It really is that easy.
Finally, search for T-Racks singles online with just about any retailer, and you will see the MSRP as $129. Is it widely available with a street price of $99? Absolutely. But there are advertising limitations that retailers must abide by with manufacturers. And MSRP prices are in that category.
Yep, I might be wrong here of course but after having Google'd for some time I couldn't find any info about MSRP being $129. I you can find it for me I will to change the original post.
The fact is that Esoundz is one of the most reputable dealers around And, even when they can't beat someone's price (like when there's a group buy or manufacturer's sale) they go balls to the wall to offer other very tasty incentives.
I know that too. They are awesome in that regard but it doesn't change the original statement.
I know I've made my point, but I'd hate for someone that didn't know any better to stumble onto your post and not get the full story.
True. Appreciate your take on this.

Well, well. I don't want this thread to derail so I've sent Meffy a message to remove it. The IK plugs are ace and SR too. But please remember, nobody's perfect.

Happy shopping everyone!

I'll delete it if you really want, but I don't think it's necessary. It's your right to complain, long as it's civil (as this was), and you've done a good job of replying to Berfab IMO.

Why not leave your objections here? It can't hurt, and maybe your suggestion that exceptions be clarified can be implemented (and maybe not, I couldn't say).

If tomorrow morning you still want to delete it, I'll go ahead and do the deed. If you're really adamant, I'll do it sooner. But think about it. Sound good?

In the meantime, if someone else wants to reply, please keep things on a reasonably friendly, professional level.

I agree with Meffy. It's fine. We want your feedback and I understand. First, we changed the MSRP to $99. Not sure how or why it was originally that. I forget now but I checked and the selling price is the same as MSRP in this case (ie. it's the same price everywhere - that's the "MAP" on it - the minimum advertise price).

Epointz are still EARNED if you use the referral system even when purchasing IK products. So if you get a T-Racks Single from us you do get (and so does the person you use as a referral) a nice $5 in epointz to use on some Sonic Reality sounds for download. That's unique to esoundz and a cool feature people have loved and enjoyed.

The way the system works and our telling people about it is not intended to deceive. In fact, it's always been a fun perk of the site that people have gotten into for years. That's not to say the system can't be improved though. We're behind on a major major update to esoundz with a lot of really good things - particularly to do with navigation and finding the products but also features such as epointz. We're looking into doing something a little different with them in the future where you WILL be able to use them on all sorts of different products. But in order to do that it will have to have other restrictions like a certain amount of that product epointz can be used on and it displaying it. IK does this with "jam points" where you can use your jam points up to 50% of the product and the rest you have to pay. That's a nice system and people generally seem to like it. We can't do it across the board like that because we carry other products we don't make or have to pay royalties on. But each product has some headroom to be able to do something rewarding back and we're all about doing it. However, that requires an updated system and there's a huge list - our web guy is overloaded to the max. So we'll have to be patient for epointz to improve expanding into other rewarding territories. For now it works well for GETTING them on anything and USING them on Sonic Reality sounds for download.

In any case, I think $99 for a model of an LA2A or 1176 is smokin'!

Ah -- didn't notice this was in the SR/eSoundz forum. I was thinking it was in one of the non-company forums. Because of that I'll need Squids' say-so to delete it (if you decide you want to do that).

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”