Many MPO instruments are missing [Resolved]

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not sure if I should contact IKM about this, but all of a sudden, most of my Miroslav Philharmonik Orchestra (MPO) categories are missing. All I have now is:

Brass
Choirs
Elements

Everything else is missing from the GUI. All the samples are in the appropriate folder (7 gigs in size) but only these three appear in the GUI. They were all there and playable since I've installed it; this just happened today.

If I try to load a Combi that uses the missing instruments, it tells me it can't find the instruments. In the Preferences, the proper folder is pointed to.

I'm stumped! Win7-64-bit.

Thanks for any help.

Maybe the cache database file (that's the file that "points to" all the Instruments got corrupted.

Rename it (it's in the top-level folder of your MP Library, named something like InstrCache.dat). Open MP, click "Prefs", browse to the Root folder, select it and let MP rebuild the cache file.

If you have "Relist on Startup" enabled, I suggest turning it off.

Out of curiosity, what is the "Date modified" for the old cache file?

HTH
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:Maybe the cache database file (that's the file that "points to" all the Instruments got corrupted.

Rename it (it's in the top-level folder of your MP Library, named something like InstrCache.dat). Open MP, click "Prefs", browse to the Root folder, select it and let MP rebuild the cache file.

If you have "Relist on Startup" enabled, I suggest turning it off.

Out of curiosity, what is the "Date modified" for the old cache file?

HTH
Thanks! That worked. I renamed the .dat file and on reload it rebuilt itself because "Relist..." was on. I turned it off now. The last date modified was May 9th. Could this have something to do with having both the full and the CE version of MPO installed?

That could do it - I would think that they will share the same Prefs.txt file. if you pointed at the CE Library and did a Relist then you would only see those instruments, in either version.

In that case I think that I would
(a) merge the CE Library into the full Library (just in case there are any unique instruments / presets)
(b) merge the CE Combis (if there are any) into the Full set of Combis (again, just in case)
(c) delete (or uninstall) the CE version

I've not done this so cannot vouch for the steps, but some tidying-up would be useful.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”