A few questions regarding Sampletank

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I hope it's okay to aske these questions here even though this isn't the IKMM-forum.

Since I accidentally came to own quite a few Sampletank-libraries, I'm considering
to only use Sampletank for live-playing (out of convenience).

However there are a few things I keep scratching my head about - they primarily concearn the program change feature.

1) If I use the search function to look for a certain sound, it seems I can't add it to the map. Is this correct? Do I really then have to search for that sound manually in the myriads of folders and subfolders in order to be able to add it to the map?

2) How to use multis with the map? Apparently I can only load one map, but there's no way to specify what part it ought concearn. How is this supposed to work? What workaround do others use?

3) If the stretch engine is superior to the resample-mode, why do none of the available presets appear to make use of it?

There's a few more things, but these questions are the most concearning to me right now.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Hello jens

1) Confirmed, the ofund insturment cannot be added directly to the Program Change map.

The only way I have found is to load the found instrument(s) into slots, click [All] to list all the instruments in the Browser, select the instrument in the instrument slot and its position in the Browser should be expanded automatically.

Then you can add it (or one of its User presets) to the Map. But it's still a bit of a pain.

2) The Map is only for Instruments, not Multis (Combis). And loading a Combi unloads any existing loaded instruments, filling/emptying all 16 slots. I have not worked out a way of switching Combis.

3) Don't know about that.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Thanks, Darkstar!

It seems odd to me that such fundamental issues should exist (and at V2.5) - isn't Sampletank the workstation many pros use nowadays? How do Tony Banks and Martin Orford do it (well, 'did' actually, at least in the case of the latter)?

There should be some standard way of working I fail to see, shouldn't it?

Unfortunately the manual is no real help here either.

:-?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Now that IK does have a forum you can ask there too on SampleTank specific questions.

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”