IK/SR VI HOT BUY - GROUP BUY on eSoundz!!! SampleTank Instruments for $99 + more!

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aaaahh!:dog: that's tricky!

I was a bit afraid to press the Redeem button when I read something like
"you must select a product...or the code is lost..." and I was wondering
there was no product to choose.
But now everything is clear.
Thanks for your help guys!

Yep, that's another tricky part of the process that spooks new users. I probably should have explained that one better in the recap/walkthrough a few pages back.

For those who don't know... you have a link in your esoundz user area for each of your bonus libraries. That lets you select them one at a time rather than having to make all your choices at once.

BUT, when you click on one of them, it will give you a warning screen that you are about to redeem your choice. It only takes you to the official list to make your selection AFTER you cash in your redeem code.

Don't panic - If anything wacko happens like you lose power before you finish selecting, Allen at esoundz will help you get your redeem code back. Their system has its oddities and glitches (sorry, Squids!) but they make sure everything works out right in the end.

But... if you're just thinking about what you might want to get, look at the list on page one of this thread rather than clicking the links in your user area. Wait until you know for sure what library you want before you redeem your code.

allen_esoundz wrote:If anyone is missing anything out of their esoundz download area, please contact me at allen (at) esoundz (dot) com

Thanks

Allen
I just want to say that esoundz's customer service is top notch! I contacted Allen and he fixed my account up in a matter of minutes. Thank you, Allen!

Nice to do business with a company that is so customer (and n00b) friendly!

NoviceNewbie

+1!!!!
I've even received support from Allen WAY after hours, with no endless form emails wanting screenshots, entire system profiles, or to uninstall every plug-in I own as a STARTING point! (I'm looking at YOU, NI and AVID)

Every experience I've had with SR/eSoundz and IK has been a model for how things should be.

Thanks again for making such powerful stuff so easy to afford, and for working tirelessly through holidays and weekends to make things right when an rare issue does pop up.

Okay, I'm done gushing now... :oops:

KVR/eSoundz: Xenobt

Would anyone who posted in this thread object if it were to be moved from Market Place, where eventually it will be deleted, to the Sonic Reality / eSoundz forum for posterity?

If nobody says otherwise I'll move it some time tomorrow afternoon. Don't bother posting to say "I don't object;" we can assume that's the default. :-}

I'd consider it an honor!

Shortest post EVER! :hihi:

KVR/eSoundz: Xenobt

I am actually needing some help here. I have something in sampletank format called "squids" tron extras"

Now i believe there is another library i can buy that actually will turn this into a full sampletron, is that correct? I have $90 in epointz so i am hoping it will cost me nothing

That was a good ride guys, kudos to everyone who contributed either by purchasing or the advice (torgo). You guys are the the greatest.

Raiinman
HD-FLH, spangled leather poncho, elevator shoes. Who is YOUR goucho amigo?

Thanks everybody! Sorry about the last minute glitch on the site. Luckily that rarely ever happens but Allen is handling each person swiftly and kindly as he always does.

Thanks Meffy for moving the thread (I can't see why anyone would object, you guys probably want to have access to the reviews and opinions in this thread I would imagine and if it stays in the marketplace it will get deleted).

You all did a wonderful job keeping this thread and the enthusiasm going for the Hot Buy Group Buy and the good news is that it's that sort of involvement that keeps the Group Buy concept alive. So a big BIG thank you to all that participated and we hope you enjoy the sounds!

Now... as for that Miroslav Outtake library. With the hiccup this week on the server it threw off my timing for getting this thing uploaded tomorrow so it will be some time (hopefully early) next week before we have it ready for download. The good news though is that I might have a little extra time over the weekend to add a few more sounds into it anyway. So either way it's a good thing and ehem... it's FREE if you joined the Group Buy and that was the only way to get it. We might give one more chance to get it this month with something special coming up but we'll let you know.

What's next? Well, there's not necessarily a group buy planned but there are some very cool things. Besides the new T-Racks Singles which you can get by simply purchasing the T-Racks singles from esoundz and the drastically lower price now on ARC we've also got some NEW SampleTank sounds in the works (and we're also going to support other formats too such as SFZ). So... stay tuned for that!

ttoz wrote:I am actually needing some help here. I have something in sampletank format called "squids" tron extras"

Now i believe there is another library i can buy that actually will turn this into a full sampletron, is that correct? I have $90 in epointz so i am hoping it will cost me nothing

Sorry to bear the bad news, but the sounds you *don't* have are the ones in SampleTron. You're missing the entire set.

There are two main 'Tron-related products in the Sonic Reality line: Squids Tron Collection (vol 1) and SampleTron. They have a lot of the same sounds (including all the main Mellotron staples), but each one also has a lot of sounds not found in the other.

So Sonic Reality also released the "Exclusive Extras" titles. These titles have the sounds found in one of the main products but not in the other. That way, owners of SampleTron could pick up Squids Tron Exclusive Extras to complete the set, and owners of Squids Tron Collection could get the rest of the library by picking up SampleTron Exclusive Extras.

If what you have is the "Squids Tron Exclusive Extras" set, then you have the sounds from Squids Tron Collection that were NOT included in SampleTron. Unfortunately, you're missing the full SampleTron set - and the group buy just ended, so it's now back to regular price and won't come with the four extra libraries.

The good news is that the Squids Tron Exclusive Extras has some extra-quirky versions of many of the classic sounds. Mellotrons and Chamberlins made their sounds by playing tapes. They weren't synthesizers - instead, they were giant tape machines. And many of the original tapes are now 40 years old. They have clicks, pops, warbles, flutter, and other problems or oddities. Squids recorded some of these and included them in all their imperfect glory. They weren't included in SampleTron, so you have them in the Squids Tron Exclusive Extras.

So at least the set you have is a good set for true Mellotron-lovers.

Do you have Infinite Player? If so, the Tron Kapsule may be an alternative to SampleTron. It's not identical, but it comes from the same library of sounds, has the important stuff, and is a good set:

http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=4349

If you don't have Infinite Player, its main function is to support Sonic Reality's line of very high end drum sounds (Ocean Way Drums, EpiK Drums, Drum Masters 2).

If you think you might be interested in trying out a high end drum kit, the Neil Peart Snakes and Arrows kit comes with the Infinite Player as a bonus, and it sells for only about $25 more than Infinite Player normally costs by itself:

http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=4432

And back to the 'Tron stuff... the main things people really used Mellotrons to play were the strings and the chorus. There's a free VST instrument that has two of the classic Mellotron string sounds, plus the strings from the ARP Strings Ensemble and several other instruments. It's called "Stringer", and you can download it for free from here:

http://www.vstplanet.com/Instruments/VS ... nger_v.1.2

Squids wrote:What's next? Well, there's not necessarily a group buy planned but there are some very cool things. Besides the new T-Racks Singles which you can get by simply purchasing the T-Racks singles from esoundz and the drastically lower price now on ARC we've also got some NEW SampleTank sounds in the works (and we're also going to support other formats too such as SFZ). So... stay tuned for that!

New sounds in SampleTank format... hmmm... could this include the long-awaited Squids Tron Collection vol 2?

Or the synth sounds from Studiophonik?

Maybe a Jazz Instruments Collection? Something with some slamming horns, pretty please? That would be a wish come true for many of us. AMG used to have a small SampleTank horns library available, but it's out of print.

or some alternatives:

The Slinky Collection? You've already teased us with that Slinky in the video...

The Vuvuzela Collection? Multisampled instruments plus bonus loops sampled during last year's World Cup!

SampleFM? A one-gig collection of sounds from the DX-7/TX-81z line, now that we've all had about 25 years to get that freaking FM piano out of our collective psyche. The horror, the horror...

Squids wrote:(and we're also going to support other formats too such as SFZ)...
Cakewalk added the Neil Peart title to their webstore this month, I figured something was up :)

Can you get them to cook up a utility for managing the meta-files and samples? I ran into trouble moving files away from my system drive (DEVELOPERS! NO! I DON'T WANT THAT THERE!) and now I have to hunt around to find stuff (which is fun, but broken).

My Infinite Player installation migrated without a problem, I'd like my SFZs straightened out (top level sort by publisher, etc). They have an audio finder for their application files, we need one for their instruments.

Then, I can nag them about sharing instruments among their apps...

thx

I notice on the esoundz sampletron page it says "Get 50 free additional exclusive patches if you buy SampleTron on esoundz.com" I bought Sampletron during the group buy and was just wondering if that was included or if that is a new offer. If not where can I get them ? Thanks

Anything about when the FREE exclusive Miroslav Outtakes collection for SampleTank, mentioned in the first post, will be avaible?

wbes wrote:I notice on the esoundz sampletron page it says "Get 50 free additional exclusive patches if you buy SampleTron on esoundz.com" I bought Sampletron during the group buy and was just wondering if that was included or if that is a new offer. If not where can I get them ? Thanks
Good point.

I'd like to know too, just in case this got overlooked.

If it was, I'm sure it would NOT have been deliberate, the whole attitude of this Group Buy has been very generous. :D

Another Tron-Freak

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”