T-Racks Singles on eSoundz

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In this Market Place topic ( http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=312554 ), we have the following:
Harry_HH wrote:I was going to buy some of these, was in the last page and filled my credit card information etc. But to my suprise in the last page in you bill eSoundz had the note that (at least) 15 dollars for the shipping - no option for the electroning delivery. I canceled the order - first time I hear that someone charges shipping costs for the electonic delivery! I asked this and got the message that All IK products will have a shipping charge and they refund you the shipping charge in ePointz that is intend use towards future download purchases. I have to say that if I see an bargain/offer somewhere, I believe that most of the who grab to the offer prefer getting the product in the price offered and not pay extra for collecting pointz. That's what I think. Harry
Is this really the case? So, it's forcing people to spend an extra $10+ or so on shipping and it's "refunded" only as epointz?

I'm an esoundz defender, but if this is true, it's certainly a discouragement to buying from esoundz....and a bit disappointing. Why would you guys do it this way?

EDIT: See Squids message below.

[Mod edit: So we don't call too much attention to the controversialityness of this, the thread title has been changed... and that was a made up word as well - Squids]
Last edited by jsp1979 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This can't be true in 2011 can it? However people do like money.

If the product is not technically made to be available for electric delivery through dealers then it is in our system as a boxed product and also our system is set to charge shipping (unless it is over $199 in which case eSoundz just pays for your shipping). Normally we would just ship you the product but if you prefer to get the serial and download it which is faster then, as long as we're prepared to do that unofficially, it's nice that you can have the cost of the shipping back as a credit toward other sounds. Otherwise you can just have the boxed product shipped to you like you would from every other IK dealer.

Our preference would be to just allow electronic delivery on all products that are able to be downloaded. But this is not always an option for us on other company's products. Anyway, it's either we do this or we don't offer the ability to download other company's products at all. This was actually a good work around to serve our customers as best we can given we have restrictions sometimes.

Just so you know, I am always for digital delivery as much as possible and without any workarounds necessary. That's the way it is for all downloadable Sonic Reality products on www.esoundz.com But not always the case for other company's products there.

I appreciate the answer and explanation, Squids.

However, it seems that there are other companies (which one might visit if one had "no brain") who seem to be able to distribute these serials directly without any of this sort of complication. So, are they skirting the rules?

It's just a shame that the extra markup at esoundz (due to the shipping option) is effectively 25% of the purchase price...this is significant percentage.

Anyway, I'm still a big esoundz fan...I was just surprised when I heard about this as I'm thinking about completing my T-racks singles collection.

Well, I hear ya (as always) and we've axed the shipping cost (and doing just codes) for this on esoundz but only for the promo period which ends March 31st. If you bought it already you can have the shipping back in epointz with an extra $5 value in epointz as a gift from Squids. That's just because we're cool that way. It's important that you know we're ALWAYS on the side of the customer and appreciate your business. So tell Harry we love him. ;)

Fair dues 8)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Squids wrote:Well, I hear ya (as always) and we've axed the shipping cost (and doing just codes) for this on esoundz but only for the promo period which ends March 31st. If you bought it already you can have the shipping back in epointz with an extra $5 value in epointz as a gift from Squids. That's just because we're cool that way. It's important that you know we're ALWAYS on the side of the customer and appreciate your business. So tell Harry we love him. ;)
That's what I'm talking about!

(stands up and applauds)

Thanks so much. I'm looking forward to completing my T-racks collection!

Hey Squids,

I'm thinking about purchasing some of these there t-racks singles. But I probably won't be able to download and install them until end of March, possibly early to mid-april. I'm on the road a lot. If I buy them now, but wait a month to download and install, will that be a problem for me?

thanks.

megadude wrote:Hey Squids,

I'm thinking about purchasing some of these there t-racks singles. But I probably won't be able to download and install them until end of March, possibly early to mid-april. I'm on the road a lot. If I buy them now, but wait a month to download and install, will that be a problem for me?

thanks.
No. Just make sure you buy them now at the lower price because it will go back up next month. Then you can download and pick with TR Single you want from IK at a later date.

Thanks Squids!
Why'd you slice off my hand?

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”