Infinite Player 64 bit?

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Presumably the Infinite Player is 64 bit if used within a version of Kontakt that is 64 bit (within Logic)? I bought the Drum Group Buy in late 2009, got the Infinite Player then, can still download that version - but not sure where things are at these days with versions, 64 bit, Kontakt, and so on! Thanks for any pointers :-)

My understanding is:
  • The Infinite Player software is a version of Kontakt Player 2 and is a 32-bit VSTi - that is, it runs in a 32-bit host (and may run in some 64-bit hosts, possibly with a "bridge"). Whether the internal audio path in Kontakt Player 2 is 32-bit or 64-bit I cannot recall.
  • The Infinite Player samples are 24-bit, 48000Hz.
  • Nowadays the Infinite Player instruments can be loaded into Kontakt 3.5 (or Kontakt Player 3.5) or Kontakt 4 (or Kontakt Player 4), either the 32-bit or 64-bit versions.
  • The Infinite Player serial number that you have can authorise all Infinite Player libraries in NI's Service Center. I think that you can do this, even without installing the Infinite Player Kontakt Player software itself, just use the Add Library function in K4.
HTH
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I am pretty sure that you can download the Kontakt 4 Player from NI (using Service Center), and Kontakt 4 (both Player and Full Version) is definitely 64 bit, and it doesn't matter what instrument is running in it...as long as you are running the 64 bit version of Kontakt, you are good to go at 64 bit!
Terry @ Meathook Audio

Infinite Player is a library license WITHIN Kontakt or Kontakt Player. It always works in the latest version of Kontakt which right now is Kontakt 4 and yes it is 64 bit as well as 32 bit. You can run in either.

Great, thanks for the update. Just setting up a new computer and wanted to make sure. There haven't been any updates/version changes to the Infinite Player to be aware of, have there? Didn't see anything....I have the player from the drum group buy from late 2009 and can move that stuff over to my new computer. Thanks again..

I would get Kontakt Player 4
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”