Kontakt 4.1.3 & Ocean Way Drums Gold Edition

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just wanted to briefly comment on a couple of issues I've noticed since I recently started using this awesome virtual instrument.

First, the individual instruments of any given multi (drum kit) that are loaded in the rack have audio meters, but for some reason they don't work. I can only check the audio levels by opening Kontakt's output window. On the other hand, when I load other VI's (eg. Heavyocity's Evolve) every instrument shows its audio meter and they do work as expected. I read in some review that the outputs are hardwired to Kontakt's busses, but I'm not sure about this. Panning knobs and volume sliders are not working either.

Second, despite having the mapping and keyswitch option activated, there are no blueish keys showing up on the keyboard UI and if they do, they are not always accurately placed.

The instrument plays okay, no sound glitches of any sort nor did I have any installation problems. Any OWD user having similar issues?

Happy holidays!

The audio meters don't light up because the drums are pre-routed to individual outputs. In Kontakt when that happens you don't see levels in the meter on the instrument itself but rather in the output mixer.

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”