List of guitars sampled in original Guitar Collection?

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Squids et all,

Is there by any chance a list of the guitars which were sampled to create the ST instruments in the original Guitar Collection? I was trying to figure out which guitar was used for Flower Children, to try and best match it to a real guitar.

Even with the Guitar Collection 2 where we know which guitars are sampled, it would be cool to have more information, such as the particular model and year, and even the strings installed on it, and amps and mics used, if that information is available somewhere.

I would hope that ST3 will have an interface that makes it easy for such information to be readily available to the user, maybe even with a little picture of the sampled instrument. It would be great to replace all the generic images with images of the actual sampled instruments wherever possible, along with any details that can be provided.

Just thinking out loud,

zedd
Somewhere in the background zedd

That was done many years ago and we don't have that information unfortunately. It's probably a Fender Tele or Strat. But, I agree it will be cool to have more information and possibly images for the instrument sounds in ST3. We'll see what happens! Good luck with the tune.

Squids wrote:It's probably a Fender Tele or Strat.
Thanks Squidly.

You know what's funny? Just a few minutes ago I managed to match the dry signal of Flower Children with my mini-Strat, after trying 3 different guitars, and I actually heard myself excitedly exclaiming "Ah! It's a Strat!". And then my very next thought was of this thread, since I had found the answer. And I swear to you that at the exact moment that that thought came into my mind, my e-mail application chimed with a notification of your response to the question.

I kid you not. At the exact same moment! I love it when things happen like that.

So yeah. It's almost definitely a Strat! :-)

I'm gonna try recording the parts on my Strat and will then import the audio into SampleTank as an instrument so that I can apply the exact same FX chain being used in my custom Flower Child.

It would be really neat if IK would release a plugin that would allow a user to load and apply SampleTank FX chains to any audio channel. That would be a very useful companion to SampleTank without a doubt. I might just go and suggest that on their new forum...
Somewhere in the background zedd

zedd wrote:
I'm gonna try recording the parts on my Strat and will then import the audio into SampleTank as an instrument so that I can apply the exact same FX chain being used in my custom Flower Child.

Good one Zedd!

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”