Can I Quantize DrummerTracks?

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently bought some DrummerTracks from esoundz and they are very good. But what I would like to do is chop them into sections and loops make a different arrangement, and I'm not entirely sure how I do this.

Here is an example of my problem. The track I am using is from the Progressive album and is call Suppersbeaty 2 BD BPM 107. So I import into Reaper no problem at 107 BPM, the drums are very tightly played, but the first beat of every bar can sometimes be slightly ahead or behind the click. So what I want to be able to do is cut out loops on the beat or with snap to grid enabled and rearrange, but because some beats are just a hair forward or behind I risk cutting a portion of a hit.

SO what is my best bet to resolve this. Or would something like Recycle be a good option? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Vaughn
Cheers

Aren't they just .wav files?

You should be able to do it all in Reaper: you can "Tab to transient" and "Split at Edit cursor" then Quantize item positions to grid. That should do it. You may need to position the cursor yourself for a few transients before splitting. Dynamic Split might work too, but I have had variable results.

Once split /quantized, save the track as a Track Template for next time.

Type "split" into the Actions List Filter to see the available functions (there are more in the SWS Extension too.)

HTH

Mind you, RX2 DrummerPacks would be interesting ;)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Thanks for the tips Darkstar. Ill give that a try.

And yes I agree RX2 versions would be cool.
Cheers

If you want to completely arrange your own REX grooves then our R.A.W. (stands for Rex, Apple Loops & Wave) loop libraries on www.esoundz.com would be the way to go. DrummerTracks is meant to be more like what a live drummer would play. Sometimes it is dead on to the grid and sometimes it is a little looser and more live... in some cases even with tempo drift but very natural and musical (something that gets lost with loops sometimes - too perfect). But, anyway, you can do the same thing you would do with a live drum track which is either use something like Beat Detective (in ProTools) or literally just nudge it over when you do your edits. I've gotten so used to doing that for live drums in ProTools. I forget how easy it is to do in other DAWS. I think it varies. But anyway if you want to cut it up and re-arrange it then treat it like you would if you recorded live drums (except these are stereo not multitrack... been thinking about possibly releasing live multitrack drummertracks though).

Squids wrote:If you want to completely arrange your own REX grooves then our R.A.W. (stands for Rex, Apple Loops & Wave) loop libraries on www.esoundz.com would be the way to go. DrummerTracks is meant to be more like what a live drummer would play. Sometimes it is dead on to the grid and sometimes it is a little looser and more live... in some cases even with tempo drift but very natural and musical (something that gets lost with loops sometimes - too perfect). But, anyway, you can do the same thing you would do with a live drum track which is either use something like Beat Detective (in ProTools) or literally just nudge it over when you do your edits. I've gotten so used to doing that for live drums in ProTools. I forget how easy it is to do in other DAWS. I think it varies. But anyway if you want to cut it up and re-arrange it then treat it like you would if you recorded live drums (except these are stereo not multitrack... been thinking about possibly releasing live multitrack drummertracks though).
Thanks for the tips Squids. Keep in mind the stereo rex2 versions for these as well. I think a lot of people would be interested in those, it would make quick arrangement easier than multitrack rex, though I see the benefits to those as well.
Cheers

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”