What instruments, what formats?

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, Squids here just checking in with you. So tell us, what sort of instrument samples are you wanting more of? Pianos? Vintage keyboards? Trons? Synths? Orchestral? World? Weird rare instruments? Drums? Percussion? Vocals? Experimental? Sound FX? Film Scoring FX? Loops?

Also, what formats do you want your samples in the most? SampleTank? Kontakt? Reason? Other?

It'd be great to hear from Sonic Reality and eSoundz customers but also from any KVRian who purchases samples and virtual instrument plug-ins to use in their music.

midi grooves by drum masters like Greene, JB, etc so they play grooves in any kit from the USD Group Buy. Are these already available?

2busdriver wrote:midi grooves by drum masters like Greene, JB, etc so they play grooves in any kit from the USD Group Buy. Are these already available?
No they're not available yet but we've been working on them with Danny Gottlieb, John Blackwell and others.

By the way, if you have the USD Group Buy we've released more Ocean Way Drums kits for the Infinite Player. Volume 3 in particular is a must have because it's completely different kits and mixes. http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=4648

I'd be interested in some infinite player format "funky" or "ethnic" drums: shakers, bongos, middle eastern percussion, etc. Something to complement the more standard drum sets, but still playable on a vdrum kit.
Why'd you slice off my hand?

Request 1:
As far as sounds, a definitive collection of hihats and cymbals would be fantastic. By definitive, I mean exhaustive articulations on each cymbal or hihat.

Example: A ride cymbal normally has multisampled 1-2 normal hits and 1-2 bell hits (which may be multisampled & in round robin). Could we have that same ride with 5-10 varieties of multisampled stick hits?

For hihat even more variety of hits (edge, normal, bell) and more degrees of openness than currently offered.

For crash -- normal hits, edge hits, bell hits, rolls, dragging stick on edge, same variety with mallets, SOFT crash hits, etc. for EACH crash cymbal.

Having this done for 3-5 style of hihats, different rides and different thicknesses / sizes of crashes would be a must have collection.

---------------------------------------
Request 2:
Is there anyway to offer samples as editable WAVs? (eg unlocked direct access).
As much as I like the flexibility of IMAP and the ability to reassign MIDI note #s, my preference is to be able to create my own setup in Battery and import results into Kontakt. This is deeper setup editing than just reassigning note #s. I understand the concern of keeping samples from being pirated easily, but as a legitimate customer it would be nice if there was a method to have direct WAV access.

All of your drums in bfd or sd 2 format gets my vote.
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

megadude wrote:I'd be interested in some infinite player format "funky" or "ethnic" drums: shakers, bongos, middle eastern percussion, etc. Something to complement the more standard drum sets, but still playable on a vdrum kit.
That we have! Here you go. Good price too: http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=4617

Kevin63101 wrote:Request 1:
As far as sounds, a definitive collection of hihats and cymbals would be fantastic. By definitive, I mean exhaustive articulations on each cymbal or hihat.

Example: A ride cymbal normally has multisampled 1-2 normal hits and 1-2 bell hits (which may be multisampled & in round robin). Could we have that same ride with 5-10 varieties of multisampled stick hits?

For hihat even more variety of hits (edge, normal, bell) and more degrees of openness than currently offered.

For crash -- normal hits, edge hits, bell hits, rolls, dragging stick on edge, same variety with mallets, SOFT crash hits, etc. for EACH crash cymbal.

Having this done for 3-5 style of hihats, different rides and different thicknesses / sizes of crashes would be a must have collection.

---------------------------------------
Request 2:
Is there anyway to offer samples as editable WAVs? (eg unlocked direct access).
As much as I like the flexibility of IMAP and the ability to reassign MIDI note #s, my preference is to be able to create my own setup in Battery and import results into Kontakt. This is deeper setup editing than just reassigning note #s. I understand the concern of keeping samples from being pirated easily, but as a legitimate customer it would be nice if there was a method to have direct WAV access.
Well, you're in luck. We are soon to release one of the largest collections of hats and cymbals ever. It is for the Infinite Player/Kontakt though and not individual waves. So it's encrypted NKX's. But still... tons of variety of really cool cymbals coming next month. Maybe this month!

gmon72 wrote:All of your drums in bfd or sd 2 format gets my vote.
We love the BFD format and we're definitely interested in SD2 format as well but haven't dug into that yet. Surely more to come in these formats... however not all of our drums will be suited for it.

I think we also have quite a lot of stereo drum kit pieces that I think are fantastic and those will be available in other formats like Reason or SampleTank in addition to Kontakt/Infinite Player.

Drums that are recorded with edrums in mind. Better round robin, more alternate hits and velocity layers. Becoming be the second company to have a third party SDX for Superior Drummer :)

( and my Morgenstein kit still collects dust...I want it to shine ;) )

Squids wrote:Well, you're in luck. We are soon to release one of the largest collections of hats and cymbals ever ...
I'm looking forward to seeing the details! :)

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”