Ni service centre shenanigans for infinite player...

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

well, I'm finally installing those drum masters and owd kits from that famous group buy.

when i gho to authorize, it fires up the service center, which updates itself, then gives me one option which is to shut it down so it can update itself again. and again.

I'm using Kontakt Player 3.5 within Logic 8 on macos 10.4.11 on an intel core2 duo macbook.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

I think that I have seen this reported by others, on the NI forums.

You might consider:
-- uninstalling Service Center
-- downloading the latest version from NI and installing it.

I have not done this myself, so proceed at your own risk.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

someone called simon wrote: when i gho to authorize, it fires up the service center, which updates itself, then gives me one option which is to shut it down so it can update itself again. and again.
I have noticed that when you start with an older version of Service Centre, it does update itself...but to the next version, and NOT to the newest version. As such, if you are a few versions behind, it can update itself a few times. I think my record is updating itself 8 times before it finally got to the new version...LOL!

I suggest you just keep letting it update itself...it will eventually get to the newest version! :D
Terry @ Meathook Audio

ok, thanks for that. I'll soldier on and see what happens...

tman2k (Meathook Audio) wrote:I suggest you just keep letting it update itself...it will eventually get to the newest version! :D
I've never had it go 8 times before - that must be a record :)

The above usually works, just make sure the version number keeps increasing each time you run it. If not, and the other suggestions don't work, try right-clicking the Service Center shortcut and "Run as Administrator" if you're on Vista/Win7 - one time that was the fix for me.

got it working... sort of. new thread required...

Whenever you run into the constant updating with the Service Center, uninstall it and download the newest version from here:
http://co.native-instruments.com/index. ... ice_Center

If you're on a Mac, uninstall it manually using the following guide:
http://www.native-instruments.com/knowl ... n+Mac+OS+X

With a Mac, do not use the NI uninstaller utility, and be sure you trash the old folder.

ew
A spectral heretic...

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”