Squids tron V1 or sampletron extra?

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Other note on the flip side: all those "Talentmaker" and other loops/backing rhythm tracks are darn near useless. Look elsewhere for your backing drum loops and grooves!

Perhaps way back in the past you might have heard the built-in rhythm track on a Baldwin organ at a store in a mall. If so, you'll remember just how freaking lame it was. Well, this is the same material - preserved in all its cheesy glory. (If you like muffled sounding polka or bossa nova backbeats too low in quality even for hacks struggling to play a banquet for elderly people at a Holiday Inn, these loops are for you!)

The Chamberlin / Mellotron / Optigan etc instruments are great. Just pretend the Talentmaker loops don't exist, because they probably won't - you'll likely delete them from your hard drive after the first time you hear them.

OK, I went for it.

Sampletank install/registration went without a hitch. I loaded it and played it all night without any trouble, so I bought the Squids Tron Collection 1.

There are so many lovely tron and chamberlin patches! I have barely had time to scratch the surface. Amazing value.

So thanks IK! And thanks for your help torgo.

Glad to hear that all went well!

Be sure to browse around the interface if you're not all that familiar with SampleTank. The built in effects are pretty nice, and the ability to turn looping on/off for the Mellotron patches is pretty important.

Plus a reminder for everyone else out there: you still have time to download SampleTank Free and try it out before deciding if you want to buy any of the sound libraries that are on sale. The sale runs through Sunday.

I have nearly all of the libraries that are included in the sale. If anyone has any questions, fire away!

-torgo (esoundz = bhall1968)

and epointz work for this promo too...
"The perfect take is the one that felt like it was going to fall apart but never did."

Torgo - thanks a lot for the listings, very much appreciated.

Oh, and...
torgo wrote:If you like muffled sounding polka or bossa nova backbeats too low in quality even for hacks struggling to play a banquet for elderly people at a Holiday Inn, these loops are for you.
Sounds like my kind of thing. No, really! Each to his own, I guess... :lol:
Pithy apothegm goeth here...

torgo wrote:Other note on the flip side: all those "Talentmaker" and other loops/backing rhythm tracks are darn near useless. Look elsewhere for your backing drum loops and grooves!

Perhaps way back in the past you might have heard the built-in rhythm track on a Baldwin organ at a store in a mall. If so, you'll remember just how freaking lame it was. Well, this is the same material - preserved in all its cheesy glory. (If you like muffled sounding polka or bossa nova backbeats too low in quality even for hacks struggling to play a banquet for elderly people at a Holiday Inn, these loops are for you!)

The Chamberlin / Mellotron / Optigan etc instruments are great. Just pretend the Talentmaker loops don't exist, because they probably won't - you'll likely delete them from your hard drive after the first time you hear them.
Talentmaker loops... Yes, they're cheesy. Yes, they're lame. But that is exactly why I use them all the time! They're perfect to add a bit of retro-cheesy touches to a track.

They're awesome, actually.

Chester Desmond wrote:and epointz work for this promo too...
Exactly! Give torgo some love!

torgo (esoundz = bhall1968)

Actually Rev, I'm pretty sure he meant that you can use your epointz towards buying the libraries that are on sale.

Which is true, and is a very important thing to point out... epointz CAN be used towards this sale. Also, the gold and platinum discounts apply. In the end these sets can be dirt cheap for regular customers. (I'd be all over them, except that I already have just about all of them in one form or another.)

If anyone is looking for percussion loops/grooves that DON'T qualify as dairy products, there are plenty of them on the sale list.

One thing to note... some of them are percussion-only, even though the demos include other instruments. (Example: the Blues Grooves demos have the guitar, but the package is only the drum beats.) Others (eg Trip Hop Beats) are full construction kits, with loops for instruments as well as the backbeats.

Be sure to read the product descriptions carefully in addition to listening to the demos so that you'll know for sure what you're getting. And if you have any questions, by all means ask!

Actually Rev, I'm pretty sure he meant that you can use your epointz towards buying the libraries that are on sale.
I did mean that.. but Rev is also right that he can give you some points when he buys! Good deal for everyone!
"The perfect take is the one that felt like it was going to fall apart but never did."

The sale was extended but ends tomorrow (Nov 15).

Also, a few extra sets seem to have been added to the sale, such as the Squids Rare Instruments sets.

@Squids:

when are Tron sounds coming to Kontakt format? Have I missed something?

I have Squid's Tron v1 and would gladly upgrade to "Squid-o-Tron Komplete" for Kontakt.

It's the only thing I use SampleTank for (that and those odd sounds from some GB)

k

^^^^
These might help:

Tron Kapsule for Infinite Player
http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=4349
Serafine FX Tron SE
http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=4469
Serafine Fx Tron Cinematic FX Promotion
http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=4626
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Since some of these items are discounted this weekend for the post-Thanksgiving sales, I thought I should point out that Serafine FX Tron is *NOT* related to Mellotron. It's a collection of sound effects.

At the moment, the Tron Kapsule is the only package of Mellotron-related sounds from Sonic Reality's library that is available for Kontakt/Infinite Player.

this is ridiculous....

I want to buy Squid's Tron Collection and/or the Exclusive Extras...

But I cannot get a simple answer as to how many of these sounds will overlap as I have Sampletron already.

Are ALL of the sounds from Squids Tron Collection in Sampletron?

And just the Exclusive Extras the ones that aren't? Can anybody help?

Bump1 wrote:this is ridiculous....

I want to buy Squid's Tron Collection and/or the Exclusive Extras...

But I cannot get a simple answer as to how many of these sounds will overlap as I have Sampletron already.

Are ALL of the sounds from Squids Tron Collection in Sampletron?

And just the Exclusive Extras the ones that aren't? Can anybody help?
Quoted from the Squids Tron Exclusive Extras at eSoundz page.

"Squids Tron Extras contains over 850 Mb of EXCLUSIVE downloadable extra Tron sounds such as Ampex full duration tube Trons, Toy Piano and Harmoniums (taken from Squids Tron Collection Volume 1) in SampleTank format!

This is a must have for Sampletron Owners that own SampleTank as it has the sounds from Squids Tron that were not included in Sampletron."

[NOTE: Added emphasis added is my own.]
http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=2173

ePointz name: eDrummist

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”