Before I contact support, as anyone else had this issue????

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I probably should contact support directly, but hoping someone knows how to solve this.

For many years, I've been making music, using IKM / SR products and sounds (Sampletank 1& 2, Sonic Synth, TRacks, amplitude, omni syth, philharmonik etc). (PC old pentium 4 with a gig of ram, windows xp professional)

So I'm mixing our new EP. And my 8 year old PC totally dies on me.

Luckily a) I have a very recent backup of my songs and b) They are on a separate hard drive anyway

So I build a new PC. (still old pentium 4, but hyper threaded and 4gb of ram. windows xp professional) Install all my software, install all my plugins. Re-register them all and get the latest versions off the IKM site. Copy the Cubase SX3 projects from the old hard drive to a new one and load a project.

Cubase crashes with a serious error. Reboot machine. Try again. The same thing. Reboot again, try another song. Same thing again.

Post the problem on the Cubase forums. They say it is a VST issue.

Move all my VSTs out of the folder. Project opens cleanly (moaning plug ins are missing).

I then go and add my VSTs one by one.

Project opens, fine until I add the last VSTs, namely TRacks. Then it crashes.

Remove TRacks and it opens.

Remove all my VSTs and add TRacks and it crashes.

Goto old hard drive and copy the TRacks dlls that worked on the old PC. It still crashes.

I really don't want to ditch TRacks and get another mastering suite.

Anyone else had this issue and how can I solve it.

I suppose the next thing for me to try is to uninstall and reinstall TRacks, but then I'm assuming I'm wasting a license life?

Turn off hyperthreading?

Try a new project with T-RackS VST only?

I think that an Uninstall and reinstall should use the same authorisation code, unless you change the hardware.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Login to your IK Multimedia account and download the most recent version of T-Racks available for your particular version

Allen

eSoundz Support

I had downloaded the latest version from the site, hence why I went back to the old version.

I will try turning the hyperthreading off.

I have started a new project, which seemed ok, I will add t-racks to it as see if it breaks.

Hello,

I think I have solved it. (Fingers crossed).

The issue I think was.

Firstly I installed the plugins from my CD. Then I downloaded the latest installer and installed that.

Then installed a load of other plugins.

So I had two installations (as far as windows was concerned) which was probably confusing Cubase.

Last night, I tried running it with hyperthreading off. That made no difference.

I created a new project and added an EQ. It was fine until I saved it and reopened it. Then it crashed.

So I went to uninstall the software and there was two entries in the Add / remove programs list.

So I uninstalled the latest version.

I tried to uninstall the original disk version, which failed, since it could no longer find a shared DLL.

I deleted the t-racks diretory out of the ikmultimedia folder under program files.

Used CCleaner to clean up the registry (I still need to manually go in and delete the failed t-racks uninstallation residue that CCleaner failed to find. Fun!)

I then re-installed the latest t-racks.

Loaded project and it appears to work. Managed to open several of my projects, change things, freeze channels and save the thing out.

So hopefully that has fixed it.

Thank you to those that made suggestions. I do appreciate it.

Hopefully, I can get back to doing some music now!

rollasoc wrote:Hello,

I think I have solved it. (Fingers crossed).

The issue I think was.

Firstly I installed the plugins from my CD. Then I downloaded the latest installer and installed that.

Then installed a load of other plugins.

So I had two installations (as far as windows was concerned) which was probably confusing Cubase.

Last night, I tried running it with hyperthreading off. That made no difference.

I created a new project and added an EQ. It was fine until I saved it and reopened it. Then it crashed.

So I went to uninstall the software and there was two entries in the Add / remove programs list.

So I uninstalled the latest version.

I tried to uninstall the original disk version, which failed, since it could no longer find a shared DLL.

I deleted the t-racks diretory out of the ikmultimedia folder under program files.

Used CCleaner to clean up the registry (I still need to manually go in and delete the failed t-racks uninstallation residue that CCleaner failed to find. Fun!)

I then re-installed the latest t-racks.

Loaded project and it appears to work. Managed to open several of my projects, change things, freeze channels and save the thing out.

So hopefully that has fixed it.

Thank you to those that made suggestions. I do appreciate it.

Hopefully, I can get back to doing some music now!
1. Open the plugin (t-racks)
2. Click VST -> Plugin Properties
3. If "Configure As Tempo Based Effect" is checked,...then uncheck box

4. Repeat this for any IK plugins that are crashing

5. close and reopen Cubase

This has worked like a charm for me using Sonar and I heard the same with Cubase.

It's ironic how one simple click of a box can fix something so complicated with so many hours of frustration :o)
Bobn
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”