Epik Drums are awesome!!

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey folks,

I've been meaning to make a post in praise of Epik Drums. So here is is...

Epik Drums are absolutely awesome. If you have been searching for drum sound which are realistic in the vein of songs from the '60s and '70s this library is the very best of its kind. I have been tickled silly ever since I got my copy. :love:

For any of you who have listened to the audio demos on eSoundz and not been completely convinced, you really must realize that you can get much more out of those drums than is possible to represent in a small collection of audio demos. With the overhead mics and a few level adjustments you can make these kits sound exactly like you want them to sound. Even the kits that I thought I wasn't as interested in turned out to deliver some very cool sounds when I modified the overheads to my tastes.

And also note that every drummer has alternate kits with different snares. So even though you might have heard an audio demo where a snare of a particular drummer wasn't exactly to your liking, you can be assured that there are snare variations and the ability to probably get each and every one of the drummers in the ballpark of your dream drumkit. Add a little SoundToys Decapitator, and Abbey Road's RS124 and you will drown in your own saliva. :hyper:

And now I see that they are having a big 50% off sale this week. Man that is a spectacular deal! Anyone who is sitting on the fence should jump in now. Your music will thank you!

I would strongly recommend paying the extra money for the Hard Drive version of the library, which is what I did. Everything comes installed and ready to go on a really cute little hard drive that performs very well. I have had Epik Drums for about a month now and haven't experienced even a single performance glitch from the drums being played from this hard drive.

http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=4116

You could save money by purchasing the DVD version, but do you really want to spend hours installing? It is pretty sweet to just plug in the hard drive and start playing around with the drums. But whichever you choose, you won't be sorry once you have these drums at your disposal.

And I should say also that I have most of the Drum Masters 2 Multitrack kits, and they are really good to have too. The DM2 stuff provides even more variations and alternate kit pieces which you can mix and match with the Epik Drums, so I am thrilled with the whole schibango. But Epik Drums are on sale this week, so don't hesitate if you can afford it! :party:
Somewhere in the background zedd

can't afford it, but the demos sound awesome indeed.
"It dreamed itself along"

Good review: post it on the eSoundz web page too:

http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=4116 :)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Last edited by zedd on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Somewhere in the background zedd

mellotronaut wrote:can't afford it, but the demos sound awesome indeed.
Good news. We're releasing each drummer's complete collection of kit and grooves from EpiK DrumS and each one is around $199. That's good if you particularly wanted just the Bowie-style stuff or Supertramp-style or Mahavishnu...

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”