Can't install Drum Masters 2

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OSX 10.6, Kontakt 4.1.13832

I installed Drum Masters 2 from DVD, loaded Kontakt, pressed "Add Library", and navigated to the Infinite Player folder. The Infinite Player folder has the nkx file. After I press "Choose", an error message is displayed: "This product cannot be added to the Kontakt Libraries Tab". I tried both the plugin and standalone versions of Kontakt but get the same error. How do I install this thing?

Ok, I see. There's a very important step missing from the instructions. It says to install the zip files from the Product discs. But there's a zip file on the Program Disc that you must also install.

Next problem: The manual says Before loading a multitrack Drum Groove patch you MUST load the Drum Masters 2 MT Output Multi for proper output routing and mixing.

Only problem is there is no such multi. Anybody know where to find it?

summer wrote:Next problem: The manual says Before loading a multitrack Drum Groove patch you MUST load the Drum Masters 2 MT Output Multi for proper output routing and mixing.

Only problem is there is no such multi. Anybody know where to find it?
I'm still scratching my head a little about Output Multis myself.

The original Drum Masters collection had Output Multis in each folder with the drum kits. But the DM2 updates don't have the Output Multis. And I can't see where they are needed, either way, since loading DM1 and DM2 Stereo or Multitrack kits always seems to result in the Output Multi being properly adjusted automatically.

Now I am using the full version of Kontakt 4, so I don't know if it is different for those using Infinite Player with Kontakt Player, but it seems as though the Output Multis are loaded automatically as far as Kontakt is concerned.

Now perhaps the actual "Output Multis" files affect the actual outputs from Kontakt so that you get the separate outputs to different tracks in your host/DAW. I have never tried to do that, so I don't know. But for just playing with the drum kits, and not recording any audio to your DAW, I don't think you need to locate an Output Multi.

If you do want to search for the file, do a search for "Output Multi.nkm"
Somewhere in the background zedd

I'm talking about the grooves, not the kits. But I don't have that multi either.

Even though this came out a while ago, I get the feeling I'm the first person to buy this and try to install it. It seems like it's not finished yet.

When you load a groove you should be able to click the Mixer icon at the top of Konakt and you should see the outputs at the bottom. If you are still having problems please contact me directly at allen (at) esoundz (dot) com

Thanks

Allen

esoundz support

That only gives me the stereo mixer. Drum Master grooves have multiple mic tracks, not just stereo. If you look in the manual, it shows a multiple mic mixer. I'm trying to find a way to get the mixer like the one shown in the manual with mic tracks.

summer wrote:That only gives me the stereo mixer. Drum Master grooves have multiple mic tracks, not just stereo. If you look in the manual, it shows a multiple mic mixer. I'm trying to find a way to get the mixer like the one shown in the manual with mic tracks.

Please contact me directly allen (at) esoundz (dot) com

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”