DrumCore (Free) and KitCore Users - just a few questions to you

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

I never paid much attention to DrumCore or KitCore - I don't know why since they seem to be a rather decent plugins.

So, there even is a free version of DrumCore with some drum content and stuff. If I got it right then difference between Drum and Kit is DrumCors ability to work with audio files in addition to midis, right? But KitCore would do similars tasks as - let' say - ezd is ablt to do, right?

Questions:

(1) Would DrumCore FREE (which comes with some amount of drums content) load KitCore packs that would be purchased separately? I guess YES since DrumCore FREE is a version that never expires - but I just want to be sure.

edit:
I found this one:
DrumCore Free is not expandable.
(2) KitCore is the same engine as DrumCore is? Just stripped down in regards of audio capabilities. Am I right?

(3) How's the DrumCore FREE content compared to the KitCore Download version (that retails at $49)? Is the Matt Sorum pack worth it (if we're on such kind of music)?

(4) Can DrumCore or KitCore handle third party midi files?

Thanks?
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

Drumcore is a combination of high quality (and yes, they are indeed high quality) drum loops, drum kits that are playable via MIDI, and a library or database to organize your kits and loops from both, Drumcore and other 3rd party loops. I'm a big fan of Drumcore for its signature sounds, organization system, and great sounding loops!

Kitcore is ONLY made up of MIDI drum kits and MIDI grooves. There are no audio loops or database (organization system)

I organize all of my loops and MIDI through Drumcore and I love it. You scan easily see and hear (demo) what you have as well as organize loops from fills, create and name sound sets, etc. It makes finding things a breeze when you have thousands of loops to deal with!

You can import 3rd party MIDI into Drumcore,yes. I don't have Kitcore though so not sure about that one:?

Not sure about question #1 but I would contact their support first!

The Matt Sorum pack sounds great but it's a specific, unique sound so a bit if a one trick pony. It's loud, punchy and very aggressive! The loops have a lot of detail with busy drums that dominate the mix.

Check out these videos to get more info...

http://drumcore.com/TemplateGeneric.aspx?contentId=12

Thanks blueman.

Yes, as I edited above DrumCore Free is NOT expandable. That's a pity. I find this attitude very cool: just like the YellowTools guys do with their expandable Independence Free.

OK, I'd assume that I'm not so keen on audio drum loops since I won't have the flexibility of separateable tracks for each instrument (kick, snare hats ...). I know that KitCore AND DrumCore can do this. That's good. So far I can't the benefit of additonal drumloops within a drum plugin.

I guess I coud use drum loops in my host anyway.

Currently I'm using ezdrummer and I am really satisfied with it. It'very convenient to have overheads and a room tracks. Tey can be routed to the host for additional tweaking as well.

Do DrumCore / KitCore offer this as well? This would be rather important for me.

When it comes to "pre-listening" midis I can do this in ezd as well. I own ezPlayerPro on top so that I could use this one too. Would you still say that there is a larger benefit on using KitCore / DrumCore for pre-listening?
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

MountainKing wrote:Currently I'm using ezdrummer and I am really satisfied with it. It'very convenient to have overheads and a room tracks. Tey can be routed to the host for additional tweaking as well.

Do DrumCore / KitCore offer this as well? This would be rather important for me.

When it comes to "pre-listening" midis I can do this in ezd as well. I own ezPlayerPro on top so that I could use this one too. Would you still say that there is a larger benefit on using KitCore / DrumCore for pre-listening?
They have a preview mode for MIDI, yes. It nice the way that files are organized (loops and fills) and it's really quick to go through different ideas and rhythms. I wouldn't describe it as a "larger benefit" though. It's just a different system for preview.

You cannot control the overhead and room mics in Drumcore/Kitcore. However, you can set it up for separate outs so that you can route each piece of the kit to different tracks in your DAW. The room and overhead sounds are not editable like they are in EZ Drummer though.

EZ Drummer offers more in terms of being flexible and editable but you have a big limitation with drum sounds because there are only a few different kits and each one costs $40-$80 (depending on sales). With Drumcore/Kitcore you get a LOT of variety kits with signature sounds from famous drummers and diversity to use with different styles. The trade-off is that the room sounds are printed onto each track so what you get is a single, limited sound.

I would say that it's nice to have both EZ Drummer and Drumcore/Kitcore but if you are ONLY interested drum kits and MIDI then you can go with Kitcore.

HTH,
Rich

KitCore Deluxe includes all the MIDI drumkits and MIDI files found in DrumCore Deluxe! You get over 100 great-sounding kits and over 1,000 MIDI beats. Including electronic, acoustic and Latin percussion sounds.

blueman wrote:KitCore Deluxe includes all the MIDI drumkits and MIDI files found in DrumCore Deluxe! You get over 100 great-sounding kits and over 1,000 MIDI beats. Including electronic, acoustic and Latin percussion sounds.
Hi - I am a complete nube to groups - however - I am wondering - do you guys [/gals] or does anyone out there have a copy of the original Free DrumCore 2.0 Demo??? I'd like to have it!

Matt :P

I'm almost certain that it is not redistributable.

Contact Sonoma Wireworks,
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Thanks for your reply _Dark_

Sonoma said they do not have it...
Anybody out there have DrumCore Demo Free Version 1.5 or 2.0 ??? :oops:

mattdude wrote:Thanks for your reply _Dark_

Sonoma said they do not have it...
Anybody out there have DrumCore Demo Free Version 1.5 or 2.0 ??? :oops:
There may still be back issues of ComputerMusicMagazine #142 that has a great version of Drumcore3, , and issue 136 had mDrummer from
Melda Productions. Both are worth the magazine price.
Cheers

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”