Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

how to use the Wild Card?

There are 3 folders in the zip file

-Put These In Your SampleTank Presets Folder
-ReTank Groove Slices
-Studiophonik Wild Card

if i just move the main folder (with the 3 subfolders) in the directory where all the others packs are?? is it enough? :/

(the lib main folder i have set inside sampletank)

2busdriver wrote:
Squids wrote:
2busdriver wrote:Is the "Squids Tron Exclusive Extras" GroupBuy bonus largly duplicated in the full SampleTron? Thanks.
No, in fact those are the sounds that didn't make it into SampleTron... some of the more quirky ones.

Cool, thanks! I'll pickup SampleTron as well.

2busdriver - just to help clarify the products, Squids created a disc called "Squids Tron Collection vol 1" long before SampleTron came out. And then SR did the sounds for SampleTron. Some of the stuff in Squids Tron ended up in SampleTron, and there was some new stuff in SampleTron that didn't come from Squids Tron.

So SR created two more discs to help users fill in the gaps on either product. "Squids Tron Exclusive Extras" has the stuff from Squids Tron Collection Vol 1 that did NOT make it to SampleTron. And "SampleTron Exclusive Extras" has the new stuff in SampleTron that wasn't in the Squids Tron Collection set.

For those who are really into the Tron thing, getting the Squids Tron Exclusive Extras as the esoundz bonus choice plus SampleTron in the new IK group buy is a great way to get SR's full line of 'Tron and related sounds.

And for those who don't know/don't care about the whole Mellotron thing but might want the "classic" sounds, skip it and get Sonik Synth 2 through the new group buy instead.

It has a great sound library (a few of us think it's better than SampleTank 2.5 XL) that includes 21 parent samples (148 meg, which is a whole lot for lo-fi Trons) of the most important Mellotron and related sounds.

If you just want the Strawberry Fields Forever flutes, the Nights In White Satin strings, some Yes and Genesis sounds, etc, Sonik Synth 2 has them. If you want more, more, MORE, MORE!!! then go for SampleTron and perhaps add Squids Tron Exclusive Extras.

Hi, I thought this group buy was available through June 15th? It seems to be closed down now? Is it over?

Scott

I.P wrote:how to use the Wild Card?

-ReTank Groove Slices
-Studiophonik Wild Card

if i just move the main folder (with the 3 subfolders) in the directory where all the others packs are?? is it enough? :/

+1

*EDIT*
KVR >Gear Slutz! Change my mind! :clap:

I.P wrote:how to use the Wild Card?

-ReTank Groove Slices
-Studiophonik Wild Card

I wasn't sure either but had a go and it worked:

I put the contents of the "Put these..." folder directly into the SampleTank2.x/Presets folder
I put the WildCardExpansion folder (which contained ReTank.. and Studiophonik) into my Instruments folder

All of the above, obviously, are in my IK Multimedia folder. All worked great.

And concerning the Wild Card, what's odd is that I needed some vocal hits and an inspiring guitar multisample for a soundtrack I'm writing, both of which I've found in this pack. Nice one.

Crashing sonar 8.5 when loading ST solved.
I unzipped the wildcard bonus to the ST instruments folder and forgot to delete the combi folder. Just too many things to think of.
The combis are awesome. Thanks again for all these gems.
Now I need time to learn to use these samples effectivly to make music.

OK, I saw the gb ended yesterday...oh well...

Scott

@fergusonbbb: What do you mean by "forgot to delete the combi folder"? Crash problem with Cubase still alive...

Squids wrote:
StickyWicket wrote:
Thanks Squids for the quick reply. I actually did exactly as you've stated above (the only exception was deleting the duplicate intruments folder).
Interestingly, a ST user on the Cakewalk forum had the same problem (ST crashed everytime he opened it up in Sonar).
I have no idea. You mean it crashes when loading the specific sound or when loading the SampleTank itself?
When loading SampleTank, it crashes (everytime). So, I moved that "Put in the Presets folder" file to my desktop & SampleTank starts up with no problems. I even relisted in ST and the wild card library is there.
Now, I don't know what to do with this "Preset" folder (currently on my desktop)??
Any ideas Squids? What are thoses presets for? I don't like the idea that ST crashes if this folder is in the correct place (C: drive....where my OS & other software programs (including ST). Please :help: :help: :help:

Thanks,
SW
Make music :harp:

As it says, the combis (.ikmp files) need to go in your SampleTank presets folder - it is C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 2.5\Presets here.

It seems like ST2 crashes if those Combis are in the Instruments folder or sub-folders.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:As it says, the combis (.ikmp files) need to go in your SampleTank presets folder - it is C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 2.5\Presets here.

It seems like ST2 crashes if those Combis are in the Instruments folder or sub-folders.
Thanks Darkstar, I think I may have put mine in a sub-folder. Will put it in exactly as you've recommended!!

Appreciate your help!! :)

SW
Make music :harp:

@fergusonbbb: What do you mean by "forgot to delete the combi folder"? Crash problem with Cubase still alive...

the folder with the combifiles (it starts with put..)must be placed in the presets folder, like darkstar wrote

Yes that's clear. But you said, you forgot to DELETE it. (?!)

I copied the combifolder out of the instrumentfolder to the presetsfolder. So now it was in the presetfolder AND IN THE INSTRUMENTFOLDER. Then I realized that because of overviewing it, I deletet it from the instrumentfolder
and then the crash was gone. Hope this helps with cubase too.

OK, I see - thanks. But I only had it in the presets folder (cut&paste).

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”