IK Multimedia Xpansion Tank 2 Group Buy

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All:

30 NEW Xpansion Tank 2 Libraries for SampleTank available in a Group Buy until May 31st!

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/xtgroupbuy

and

http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=4293

The Group Buy is currently a 2X1, but becomes 3X1 when 500 users join in. And promises to grow more.

We also get the fully Xpandable SampleTank 2 XT with 1 GB of sounds for FREE!

Looks like it is currently at 134 users. If this works like past IKM Group Buys - we should get a lot of extras as this thing grows! So get everyone you know to join!!!

BBC :wheee:

eSoundz name: BarBeCutie

edit: added link to eSoundz
Last edited by barbecutie on Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Can't even give me a chance to post it, can you??? :) Just teasing, thank you SO much and you all know what happens when we hit those Group Buy goals early, right?

So, what are these? Are they made of actual new sample material, or re-hashed/re-packaged older ones? Ik-made, or third-party?

I ask because I like SampleTank as a ROMpler engine, but the factory library is just terrible, terrible, terrible. If these are no better than the factory library, well...

edit: ah, ok. I see they're made my SR. I'm guessing this is re-packaged material that has already been released elsewhere, but I would love to proven wrong.

Is "the fully Xpandable SampleTank 2 XT" a playback device like SampleTank 2 LE that was bundled with the previous generation of Expansion Tank instruments? Is it limited to the included sound set or can it be used to play any ExpansionTank instrument?

jondl_2000 wrote:Is "the fully Xpandable SampleTank 2 XT" a playback device like SampleTank 2 LE that was bundled with the previous generation of Expansion Tank instruments? Is it limited to the included sound set or can it be used to play any ExpansionTank instrument?
It can play Expansion Tanks. It is basically SampleTank 2.5 "shell" to play any SampleTank-format sounds.

@sockofgold - If you haven't participated in any esoundz Group Buys, these are new. Otherwise, there will be some overlap.

I am very interested in this, however, there seems to be a lack of sound samples? With so many packs to choose between it would be nice to have some samples to get an understanding of the general sound/feel of the packs.

sockofgold wrote:So, what are these? Are they made of actual new sample material, or re-hashed/re-packaged older ones? Ik-made, or third-party?

I ask because I like SampleTank as a ROMpler engine, but the factory library is just terrible, terrible, terrible. If these are no better than the factory library, well...

edit: ah, ok. I see they're made my SR. I'm guessing this is re-packaged material that has already been released elsewhere, but I would love to proven wrong.
It's from the "Sonic Vault" so yes it is from years of sounds from various sources - R.A.W. loops, past Group Buys, the original Expansion Tanks and Sonic Capsules and other sources. There's a mix of classic material and brand new stuff.

I wouldn't say that if you have one of the libraries previous such as Piano Collection 1 that Piano Collection 2 was made for you... even though it does have some nice editions (and if this reaches 4 for 1 or more then maybe THEN if you already own it you might as well pick it if you want more pianos). But, out of the many many thousands of people that already own SampleTank and the many more that will now that they can have the full engine for $50 AND choose TWO libraries... this is for them! Build your own workstation with thousands of inspiring Sonic Reality sounds!

It's an amazing deal and incredibly useful for a lot of people. Some of you guys have followed every group buy esoundz has done and aren't as blown over by the variety because you've seen it before from Sonic Reality but most SampleTank users or prospective users have no idea we had all of these world instruments, cinematik pads, vintage grooves, hip hop construction kits... I will say that for this price there is something for EVERYONE though.

By the way, we will have this available on www.esoundz.com with some extra exclusive "raise the bar" extras so you may want to join on esoundz. ;) As usual, that's always an option in these Group Buys! The great part is you can instantly download.

Cognition wrote:I am very interested in this, however, there seems to be a lack of sound samples? With so many packs to choose between it would be nice to have some samples to get an understanding of the general sound/feel of the packs.
There's audio demos for each one. Plus, I just did a video demo the other day that will be available to see in the next day or two. I show some cool tricks one can do with these libraries as well. Killer deal here and it can only get better the more people join.

This awesome. I've been bummed that I missed out on Sample OBXpander and SampleArp Solo, and now I can pick them up... AND I can finally spend my JamPointz on something before the all expire. :)
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

When I saw a trailer at IK's website I thought, yay, ST3 is coming !

Well, not for me this time, I think that these "reworked" sounds still sound weak for my taste, especially for the acoustic stuff : piano, guitars (electric and acoustic), basses (electric and acoustic), world, strings and so on...

To each his own ;-).

DrApostropheX wrote:This awesome. I've been bummed that I missed out on Sample OBXpander and SampleArp Solo, and now I can pick them up... AND I can finally spend my JamPointz on something before the all expire. :)
Spend them on AmpliTube 3 if you don't have it or something else you're missing in case the following statement is too tempting because even I admit that "raising the bar" is an understatement when it comes to a certain tentacled tour-de-force we know:
Squids wrote:By the way, we will have this available on www.esoundz.com with some extra exclusive "raise the bar" extras so you may want to join on esoundz. Wink As usual, that's always an option in these Group Buys! The great part is you can instantly download.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Can't even give me a chance to post it, can you??? :) Just teasing, thank you SO much and you all know what happens when we hit those Group Buy goals early, right?
:D

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
DrApostropheX wrote:This awesome. I've been bummed that I missed out on Sample OBXpander and SampleArp Solo, and now I can pick them up... AND I can finally spend my JamPointz on something before the all expire. :)
Spend them on AmpliTube 3 if you don't have it or something else you're missing in case the following statement is too tempting because even I admit that "raising the bar" is an understatement when it comes to a certain tentacled tour-de-force we know:
I actually have AT3 :oops: and most of the other Powered-By-Sampletank products (the advantage of getting in on some key SR Group Buys!). I was considering going halfsies on an TR3 single, but this is a much better deal.

Does anyone have the scoop on a native 64-bit version of SampleTank? I WANT. (Even though 32-bit ST works fine in all the bitbridges I've tried so far, it's looking a little long in the tooth). :D
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

Squids wrote:By the way, we will have this available on www.esoundz.com with some extra exclusive "raise the bar" extras so you may want to join on esoundz. ;) As usual, that's always an option in these Group Buys! The great part is you can instantly download.
Hey Squids.

Very excited to hear about extras esoundz will be adding to this!!!

Hi All.

See epointz referral thread below:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... ht=epointz

K-Slash wrote:When I saw a trailer at IK's website I thought, yay, ST3 is coming !

Well, not for me this time, I think that these "reworked" sounds still sound weak for my taste, especially for the acoustic stuff : piano, guitars (electric and acoustic), basses (electric and acoustic), world, strings and so on...

To each his own ;-).
Weak huh? They're not weak. Anyone who thinks so is missing out. I sampled most of them myself and I can tell you that they are recorded in amazing studio environments with top equipment and played by pros that play on records. This impression that sounds we've had over the years may be weak - especially for the value for money we're talking about here - is just off the mark for what this is. These are what we'd call WORKSTATION sounds. They're larger than the sounds we would have done for Alesis, Roland, Yamaha and other companies over the years. This isn't supposed to be Colossus but then again this isn't $1,000 either.

There are PLENTY of great sounds in this offer to write music with and get inspiration. Is EVERY sound fantastic? No. Some are really amazing and others are just useful and others are one man's trash is another man's gold.

I will say that I find it hard for any musician not to be able to find enough things in this massive offering to be musically useful for this price. $50? 2 libraries AND SampleTank? (by the way, on esoundz if you already own SampleTank we give you an extra bonus library for free - that is one of our "raise the deal" offers plus more).

Look, I do agree with "to each his own". But, I hope that anyone that is really serious about their SampleTank set up or writing set up in general doesn't just assume these are "weak". That is WAY too vague a comment to slap on YEARS of work. I find it even offensive to be honest. Let's be real here. If you don't actually have these sounds then you really can't say can you?

What I WILL say is that many of these sounds came from very successful group buys in the past where loads of people were thrilled with their world sounds or cinematik sounds or vintage sounds... any less today at this price? I don't think so!

Now, enough with the sour puss moaning guys! Let's, as usual, have fun with this and crank it up so everyone can get an amazing SIX for ONE! $50 for SIX libraries out of 30 for SampleTank (and SampleTank engine for free?) That is a no brainer... the best deal we've ever done for SampleTank so lap it up!

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”