Sampletank 3?

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's way better to use 1 instance of ST2 and load the 16 slots with sounds, rather than loading 16 instances of ST2. The same applies to any rompler/sampler. I noticed that way less resources are used when you take advantage of this feature..
Play it by ear

Wasn't Sampletank also on some sort of hardware at some point.. I remember seeing a hardware unit in the music store in orlando, it had sampletank sounds in a little box, remember thinking that was cool.. but load times we're slow though,compared to the workstations next to it..

This group buy 5 x 1 thing.......I don't think IK would have agreed to it unless a new version is on the way....ST 3 will have to ship with tons of content to complete with Kontakt etc. (prob everyhing in the GB!).....so I can see an upgrade coming up, obviously cheaper for us than new users.

So, what's up with ST3?

I've grown to like it in the last few weeks, well, kinda...

k

soulata wrote:So, what's up with ST3?
It's been a year since I was convinced it was going to be released in 2010. I am surprised it has not materialized.

I think IK is spending a bit too much making iPhone and iPad applications.
Somewhere in the background zedd

zedd wrote:I think IK is spending a bit too much making iPhone and iPad applications.
+1!

If they could just make another gui i would be glad
It is soo outdated and small and......ugly
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

It's being worked on. Sure, the volume of products that are made can slow down progress of a particular product. It is a business but anyway ST3 is part of that business and it's coming along nicely. I'm doing some of the sounds for it. Gonna be great! As for when... can't say yet.

Can't or won't? :wink:

KVR/eSoundz: Xenobt

Would've been nice of IK to have considered just building a larger gui for their customers in the meantime.Some really nice sounds from what I've heard,but the current gui,makes it hard to work with, and I'm a rompler king!!!!

Squids wrote:I'm doing some of the sounds for it. Gonna be great! As for when... can't say yet.
Can you say if the multi's will be able to be used as program changes,and if so will they transistion smoothly to the next patch? Every cpu I've tested changing multi's on has made a huge pop in audio..

Also what types of sounds are you creating for it? Any new nice current sounding stuff,like big brass ensembles? Hip Hop southern styles? Orchestral stuff? Modern synth's?

thanks

I'm doing some drums for it right now but IK is doing a bunch of the sounds internally like the previous SampleTank versions. But I will be doing new Sonic Reality libraries for it as well taking advantage of the new features. Not sure about the multis and program change though. I'll have to check on that. Anyway yes it's bigger.

thanks for the reply 8)

don1thedon wrote:
zedd wrote:I think IK is spending a bit too much making iPhone and iPad applications.
+1!
I don't understand the emphasis on these minor applications when we need an upgrade to the much more important SampleTank. How could it be that ST3 has not yet been released?

My DAW, Digital Performer, is finally going 64-bit. I really really REALLY need IK Multimedia to release the feature-enhanced 64-bit version of SampleTank asap, preferably before March 2012.

I use SampleTank 2 in almost all of my projects, and it remains one of the last 32-bit applications that is going to drag my DAW along and undermine my 64-bit efficiency. If I can get ST3 in 64-bit my set up will be golden!

Come on IK. Please focus on the regular maintenance of these products that many of us have come to depend on. I'm sure ST3 is being worked on and that it's gonna be great... but can we please go a little faster?

Many thanks in advance!
Somewhere in the background zedd

Nicely said Zedd and I'm right there with you. In fact, when ST3 comes I am going to support it like crazy because it's very important that it is a huge success. Otherwise the focus could be more on the other new products that are doing great. It's a business so the demand does of course affect what a company does. I personally think that even SampleTank as it is today remains a staple piece workhorse rompler but knowing what ST3 will do and updaing things like 64 bit will really take it that much further so... the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned too. Just so you know I push all the time for this as much as I can from my position.

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”