Sampletank 3?

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zedd wrote:Anyways... I apologize for being provocative in my comments. I was feeling testy, but I don't mean to be a guy who disrespects anyone elses musical tastes. That's what makes the world turn. And as we grow we learn to appreciate and value things differently, so our tastes change, and we love things we thought we hated.
No worries zedd. I understand, man. 8)
"a confession without need of absolution, without need of redemption"

zedd wrote:
zvenx wrote:yeah I can see why it is so important to let everyone know that the Beatles sound was not my kind of sound in my signature!!!!!! WHAT?!!! Why does that make a difference? why is that of fundamental importance?
For what it is worth I loved 60's motown sound, and burt bacharach sound..
It's probably not a very good idea, I agree. :oops:

Sorry... I was probably being a little obnoxious in suggesting that and apologize if it was offensive. But it is a consistency which helps to underscore where you are coming from in terms of the kind of sounds that appeal to you. Many of the effects included in SampleTank have a very vintage quality to them which impressed me to no end when I started using the product 5 years ago. I can understand that if the '60s pop rock thing is not your style then a lot of the SampleTank instruments and effects might not stand out for you. But if you like '60s Motown, I think there is actually a lot that you could work with..

But I do understand that if you have found instrument in other libraries that have that magical quality that you are looking for (whatever that magic is to your ears) then probably a less detailed ST instrument won't hold much appeal for you.

But if you haven't found exactly what you want, it is wonderful to be able to audition a bunch of upright pianos, basses and organs, etc.. SampleTanks loads each instrument very quickly and you can listen to a whole bunch of similar instruments to find the one that works with your song. Where it may have less detail per instrument, there is a greater variety of cool sounding instrument variations which allow you to find the tone that really works. Other virtual instruments usually have fewer instrument options and take longer to load because they are so detailed.
Another great post! Jabs aside, which you gracefully apologized for, your perspective is fantastic and really helpful for people to see. When you're in the thick of it and you NEED to get some options and results fast I find I just can't say no to SampleTank! On many occassions I was so glad I had it. A staple piece for sure. No slam to some incredible other plug-ins out there too! Get them all! But don't be without SampleTank on a session... not me. No way. Especially if you're doing anything where people are paying by the hour! But even if you just want the speed of your creative flow to be at its best... as long as one invests the time to dig into SampleTank to see what they can pull out of it.

I always like to see users that do! It is inspiring to others... I think I need to do some more videos on it as well. Those always spark some ideas and there are so many more things one can do with it creatively than many people realize. A good time to give this red baby some TLC! Or it might get forgotten and unappreciated because it has been around for awhile. I've not seen anything else come along that I feel would do the same thing so... until that happens one might as well get the most out of this fella... and don't forget you CAN change the color from Red to whatever you want! (that is a legacy argument that happened because of KVR actually! From years and years ago when people complained about the redness of SampleTank 1! A good Squids/KVR lobby for something everyone wanted and got... among other things!).

I will add that even though I probably have more in common with the style of music I like with Zedd's, I think the concept of what he is saying can apply to MANY styles of music. You don't have to appreciate The Beatles to appreciate SampleTank! It is an open slate. You can pull in vocal samples and do incredibly unique things for Hip Hop or Electronic music, you can manipulate loops with slices and midi or with Loop Sync, you can layer and process multisampled instruments of ALL kinds in there... it really is a powerhouse but it ALL depends on the user and their ability to get out of it what will serve their music. If you can't get that out of it then that says it all - but for YOU, not for the next guy! And the next and the next... one man's trash is another man's gold!

Squids wrote:... and don't forget you CAN change the color from Red to whatever you want!
Indeed, mine is now a really light green-grey color.
"a confession without need of absolution, without need of redemption"

I am blue baby, blue :-)
rsp
sound sculptist

Wow, I didn't even remember that you could change the colours to green or to blue.

The first thing I did when we got the colour-changing option was to increase the lumosity so that I have a light pastel orangey red.

Never touched the controls again after that... and I actually forgot that it isn't the default.
Somewhere in the background zedd

Hey Peter (and/or anyone who can help),

One thing I would like to see in ST3 is faster saving of presets (which can currently take up to a whole minute the first time you do it in a project). :o

I would like to know if there is any way (currently) to have two different ST libraries? I would love to put my MANY Gigabytes of newly add ReTank and Loop/Construction Kit content into a separate ST folder which won't have to be analysed whenever I need to relist the main library.

Is there any way to do this? I have registered so many different versions of SampleTank (probably about 6 of them), but I don't think any of them can run separate from the others. They are all one and the same thing.

It would be very handy to have a "SampleTank Loops" GUI which could reference its own library. 8)

Thanks in advance,

Zedd

Looking forward to SampleTank 3... I have all the present stuff except Moog and love the sounds in them all but find them unstable to work with. I load up too many instances in Cubase and my project will have problems for sure.
I'm hoping V3 will be solid.

lotus2035 wrote:Looking forward to SampleTank 3... I have all the present stuff except Moog and love the sounds in them all but find them unstable to work with. I load up too many instances in Cubase and my project will have problems for sure.
You mean too many instances of SampleTank GUI will cause Cubase to crash? I've noticed that happening in Digital Performer, as well. Several instances of SampleTank, along with an instance of PLAY and Kontakt can cause the DAW to run out of memory and crash. On a few occasions I have found that having more than 3 instances of ST in a project can cause trouble.

When we finally go 64-bit, these issues will hopefully be history.

zedd wrote:
lotus2035 wrote:Looking forward to SampleTank 3... I have all the present stuff except Moog and love the sounds in them all but find them unstable to work with. I load up too many instances in Cubase and my project will have problems for sure.
You mean too many instances of SampleTank GUI will cause Cubase to crash?
Yes.
For me at least using SampleTank/Sonik synth or the others requires a lot of tip-toeing around and crossed fingers..lol.. Not a very professional/efficient way to work. But I keep going back to them and working around the problems because they sound great.

I'm hoping the 32-bit version of Sampletank 3 will resolve the issues I'm having (hung notes and the entire sound database disappearing from the GUI are the most common). However, I'm still a bit sceptical that a total rebuild will mean no problems because my experience with T-Racks 3 Deluxe has been an unstable one too, again when multiples instances are loaded up which is in stark contrast to the older T-Racks plug which I have always found to be rock solid..

I would like to see in ST3 x64 native :)

lotus2035 wrote:
zedd wrote:You mean too many instances of SampleTank GUI will cause Cubase to crash?
Yes.
For me at least using SampleTank/Sonik synth or the others requires a lot of tip-toeing around and crossed fingers..lol.. Not a very professional/efficient way to work. But I keep going back to them and working around the problems because they sound great..
That's too bad Lotus.:-( Aside from my discovery that too many instances of ST might cause problems, I have found it to be pretty rock solid, and have a ST instance in every project (it is built right into my project template).

Admittedly I had some trouble with many of the Amplitube plugins before I installed Snow Leopard and the Amplitube updates, so I presume that there were some issues. They seem to work fine again now. And the T-Racks3 plugs seem solid on my system.

zedd wrote:
lotus2035 wrote:
zedd wrote:You mean too many instances of SampleTank GUI will cause Cubase to crash?
Yes.
For me at least using SampleTank/Sonik synth or the others requires a lot of tip-toeing around and crossed fingers..lol.. Not a very professional/efficient way to work. But I keep going back to them and working around the problems because they sound great..
That's too bad Lotus.:-( Aside from my discovery that too many instances of ST might cause problems, I have found it to be pretty rock solid, and have a ST instance in every project (it is built right into my project template).

Admittedly I had some trouble with many of the Amplitube plugins before I installed Snow Leopard and the Amplitube updates, so I presume that there were some issues. They seem to work fine again now. And the T-Racks3 plugs seem solid on my system.

I've said this before but I always felt that the problems were somehow related to the serial authorisation process which is tied into one's hardware. I've had the serial reset and products revert to demo mode on me a few times.

Nevertheless, I haven't given up on SampleTank yet. We'll see what happens with 3. 8)

zedd wrote: Admittedly I had some trouble with many of the Amplitube plugins before I installed Snow Leopard and the Amplitube updates, so I presume that there were some issues. They seem to work fine again now. And the T-Racks3 plugs seem solid on my system.
I had a similar issue with TRacks3 and Ampltube SVX. I was using Sonar so it seems it's an IK issue seeing it happens with Cubase. Funkybot emailed me this solution. It has worked for me and may work for you.

1. Open the plugin
2. Click VST -> Plugin Properties
3. If "Configure As Tempo Based Effect" is checked, uncheck the box

4. Repeat this for any IK plugins that are crashing.
5. Close and reopen Sonar or Cubase
Bobn
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

I'd really like to see Sampletank 3 use program changes, and not to where you have to manually set up sounds per banks.This takes alot of time and alot of the fun outta the workflow for me,when using Sampletank. I think a midi learn program change would work best.. up/down.. like a real rompler,or workstation,this is what makes them nice,they are extremely fast at getting your idea's down..

The browser should also be updated, a much larger Gui, x64,faster loading patches,and especially multi's.. And finally support for .fxb's too.

I love the way ST sounds,with these workflow features,it'd be perfect.. 8)

Better brass's :D

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”