Sampletank 3?

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zedd wrote:
Squids wrote: I am a little concerned about how I am going to manage old ST2.5 libraries with the new ST3 library and still have ST find everything when I open up old projects without having a bunch of duplicated instruments and library folders. Hopefully IK is addressing this effectively.
No idea if that will work. But I'm pretty sure you'll be able to have both reside on your computer in case you need to bring up old sessions with ST2.5 So one of the two will at least be possible.

As for using ST3 to read you previously purchased ST sounds I think there's a good way to not have to duplicate them but if you did that wouldn't be the end of the world given how much hard drive space there is these days. But I'll let you all know more details about it when it's announced officially for release. ;)

Hi...I haven't followed this whole thread yet but will ST3 include sample streaming from disk? That would remove any RAM restrictions and allow for even deeper sampling instruments. Thanks.

Hey Squids:

I just wanted to know if there would be a beat/sample slicer in SampleTank 3? With it's timestretching capabilities, I figured it owuld be nice.
EPhraZe IzReal Music....Ig you need hot beats hit me up.

no offense ,but 2 years is along time to hype a product, they've got to have s audio demo by now right? :hihi:

Sampletank 2 is going to turn 10 next year. I guess they are going to have have huge ST2 anniversary groupbuy and start selling ST3 updates next month :D

Would probably make ST2 longest lived vst without major update.

megapiano wrote:Hi...I haven't followed this whole thread yet but will ST3 include sample streaming from disk? That would remove any RAM restrictions and allow for even deeper sampling instruments. Thanks.
I will only say this. The goal of ST has always been about workstation variety not "who's got the biggest size piano?" (not that there's anything wrong with those large streaming instruments - many of them are great! But that's not what ST is going for.) That said, the new sounds and features in ST3 will have deeper sampled instruments and still remain a powerful workhorse stream-lined for making music in your DAW efficiently. SR is doing some of the sounds that come with it but we'll be including a new range of libraries we're working on as well in the third party support. Those libraries will start being released in various formats before ST3 is out so you'll get an idea of what to expect sound-wise from that more or less (apart from the DSP specific programming that we'll do in ST which is always proprietary).

ephraze619 wrote:Hey Squids:

I just wanted to know if there would be a beat/sample slicer in SampleTank 3? With it's timestretching capabilities, I figured it owuld be nice.
I can't reveal anything like that of course but I will say that ST3 will have some very nice capabilities for grooves as well as instruments. I know, vague... too early to get into specifics on that stuff. But when I can I will!

The moderator on the IK forum doesn't even know if it will be released this year!

This is what Peter said:
Peter_IK wrote:That's what I'm trying to find out. I've contacted the Product Manager for more details ongoing so that people get more information about SampleTank 3 and don't feel like you do (did? I hope :) ). We'll keep you posted on any information that does come our way. Well, ALMOST any information - the process of developing something like this may have some hills and valleys you don't want to experience with us ;)
He's doing what he can.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:
He's doing what he can.
I'm sure he is but apparently development doesn't know if it will be released this year.

It's not always possible to know when something you're working on is going to be finished. It hasn't even been officially announced yet though let's not forget. At least we know it's being worked on. I know that the goal is to have it as soon as possible though. Could be this year. I for one hope it is and push for that every chance I get. But that's easy to say when you're not the one programming it. I root for them none the less. Can't wait for ST3! Gonna be cool.

I think they really got people frustrated when they started hyping it in 2010.

vintagevibe wrote:I think they really got people frustrated when they started hyping it in 2010.
Yes that's the problem, it's painful enough that we had to deal with watching IK do the whole iapp/ipad/iphone thing, omg I hate those things, did I say all the names right?

Anyways Squids we realize it's not your fault,n we appreciate you taking the time to keep us in good spirits, I do.

But hello to IK, that was 2010 checking pics out on ur FB page yada yada, it's a little premature to do that ,don't ya think?

I think the iphone/ipad/app crud was a waste of time for musicians, no offense.

vintagevibe wrote:I'm sure he is but apparently development doesn't know if it will be released this year.
It almost certainly won't, unfortunately.

JasonSpatola wrote:
vintagevibe wrote:I'm sure he is but apparently development doesn't know if it will be released this year.
It almost certainly won't, unfortunately.
So this is an official response from IK, it won't be done this year? :?:

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”