Sampletank 3?

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jsp1979 wrote:If you want faster browsing with ST2.5, then don't forget to use Asseca's mGUI.

http://asseca.com/wiki/MGUI/SampleTank25GUI

It allows you to use the mouse scroll wheel for finding sounds in the browser and adjusting parameters. It's fantastic!

:D
It doesn't work on w7 64bit.
I can start it but it's just a black window, with the mgui controls at the top, but no ST. Tried both vst and as rtas, but no scrolling...

moonwalker2 wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:If you want faster browsing with ST2.5, then don't forget to use Asseca's mGUI.

http://asseca.com/wiki/MGUI/SampleTank25GUI

It allows you to use the mouse scroll wheel for finding sounds in the browser and adjusting parameters. It's fantastic!

:D
It doesn't work on w7 64bit.
I can start it but it's just a black window, with the mgui controls at the top, but no ST. Tried both vst and as rtas, but no scrolling...
Ah...I didn't now you had 64-bit. I'm on a 32-bit system.

Have you tried it in one of the 64-bit bridges? It might be worth a shot.

I just wanted to chime in. I'm a long time ST2 user and have been quite disgusted with the way IK dropped it. The sounds are dated in the sample rate, velocities layers BUT the drums are some of the most imaginative and vibey drums out there. So hats off to Squids and SR. It's just a shame I can't use them since I'm totally 64bit. I'm wondering if it's going to be too late to matter if it ever does come out.

Knowing what it sounds like and does I don't think it will be too late to matter. I know I personally can't wait for it to get done. Not because I'm 64 bit because I'm not (I still use ProTools mainly in the studio but... I am thinking about using Logic some more). But the reason I am looking forward to it is because I use SampleTank 2.5 a lot! I mean a lot. On nearly everything I do that is a go to piece (unless it's all live instruments). So, SampleTank 3 just enhances that in really smart musical ways. It WILL be this year. I know everyone has waited forever for it even though it was never officially announced. But it's been leaked and IK has shown bits and piece of development for it over time. I can't get into details about it yet but I definitely think it's going to please a lot of people when it IS here.

That said, I really think someone should have more than one sample-based tool on hand. So pick your poison! If there's a format you want us to support that we're not let us know.

I was just listening to an unfinished project that I haven't opened in 3 years, and I heard this amazing sounding section where, among other things, there were these fantastic sounding hand claps. I couldn't imagine hand claps sounding any more present and delicious. I was listening from the way across the room and it sounded like there were people were in the studio clapping along with the project's playback.

I eagerly went to investigate the source of these handclaps, expecting them to be part of maybe EastWest Fab Four or perhaps Abbey Road '60s Drums. But no. They were neither of those.

They turned out to be hand claps from one of Sonic Realities ReTank titles. :love:

As always, really great sounding stuff from Sonic Reality. Their samples continue to hold up and sound spectacular. I can only guess at what great new sounds are in store for us when SampleTank3 is unleashed.
Somewhere in the background zedd

Oh that must be from the Motown one perhaps. That one has all sorts of cool stuff on it. Thanks Zedd. I love them too and find them incredibly useful as a songwriter, producer and keyboardist. I probably have more other virtual instruments and libraries from other companies than most people do too but I guess because I know my own libraries so well I can count on them most of the time anyway ironically... even if I know certain impressive specs in other products may outdo something in SampleTank... it's what you hear that matters (and also the time it takes to get it!).

So, speaking of that... 'the time it takes to get it', I will hint about something I've been working on for a very long time that will blow the roof off on that. I can't say what just yet but I've tested the concept out on a few hard working composers, producers and musicians. The response was a unanimous big YES PLEASE!!!!! It includes a few specs most companies haven't thought of or don't find it realistic to do but if it can be done (and it can just takes a LOT of work) it will serve the musician/writer/producer in such an important way. I'm really excited about it and yes it will be part of SampleTank 3 as well. It doesn't make anything you have obsolete or anything don't worry. But it may eventually change the way you work or what your workhorse/core system is like... and it will save you tons of time. That is if you're particular about great sounds. If "just anything will do" then this may not make as much of a difference although I think on a certain level it will for just about anyone.

That's all I can say though! At least for now. But I will share more in the not too distant future... and maybe a few hints along the way. :D

It's been awhile since I've hyped something like that so those that know me know this must be GOOD! And it is. Makes a whole lotta sense too. You'll see. ;)

Squids wrote:If there's a format you want us to support that we're not let us know.
Support E-MU's EmulatorX format!!
There's so much great sample material for it, but all of their software is so buggy it's impossible to use. EmulatorX has been abandonware ever since it was released.
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

mkdr wrote:
Squids wrote:If there's a format you want us to support that we're not let us know.
There's so much great sample material for it, but all of their software is so buggy it's impossible to use. EmulatorX has been abandonware ever since it was released.
That's unlikely unless it can read another format we're doing. Direct support for that isn't in high enough demand.

Squids wrote:...it will save you tons of time.
Looking forward to whatever it is, for sure.

One of my feature requests for the new SampleTank was a better way of accessing favorite instruments. Any method of more easily being able to rifle through all your favorite piano instruments (for example) without having to distinguish good children from the bad (or less suitable) children, or having to look under the hood of parent instruments, would be a welcome improvement. Same with any other instrument type.

Need a trumpet? I want to instantly be able to recall only my favorite trumpet presets, and then expand the search later if none of those ones fit the bill.

Saving time and working even more efficiently is definitely a high priority.

I sure hope ST3 is right around the corner. I am expecting the DP8 announcement any day now and I'l be officially 64-bit within a few weeks. I hope that this is the year where I can finally escape all of my resource bottleneck issues and finally be able to finish up a lot of songs that are currently choking and crashing my 32-bit DAW.

Squids wrote:
mkdr wrote:
That's unlikely unless it can read another format we're doing. Direct support for that isn't in high enough demand.
It would be pretty cool if ST could import Kontakt instruments, though. I know that is unlikely, but it sure would be sweet. There are plenty of simple Kontakt instruments made by third party developers that I would prefer to work with in SampleTank.

zedd wrote:
Squids wrote:
mkdr wrote:
It would be pretty cool if ST could import Kontakt instruments, though. I know that is unlikely, but it sure would be sweet. There are plenty of simple Kontakt instruments made by third party developers that I would prefer to work with in SampleTank.
Also highly unlikely to happen. Keep in mind that most Kontakt libraries are encrypted and can't be imported into anything but Kontakt (unless hacked). Also, SampleTank has always been a different animal than Kontakt... probably always will be. But I find both useful in different situations and ways of working or for certain types of sounds.

Squids wrote:
mkdr wrote:
Well i kinda guessed that.. but you asked, so i had to try! 8)

Few thoughts in favor of it(still have to try!):
One good thing about the format is that even though it's dropped, the company that made it still exists(Creative Labs). So there would be better chances at getting the source.. especially as their own product was a total flop. Truckloads of their sound banks have been sold.. and are still sold. About half of them feature no kind of copy protection and use only basic sampling features, like looping, velocity layers etc.

Btw. I just got the Sampletank 2.5 XL. Looking forward to working with it :)
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

I think for formats like that the best thing to do is translate into them, import etc. and then use the features to tweak. The Emulator stuff was always good. I still have a hardware Emulator although I don't use it.

Additional formats we're looking at doing support for are Logic EXS24 - revving that up again because it's so popular. Alchemy and SFZ - also popular and very cool. Possibly Halion and Mach 5 but it depends on the demand. Also Ableton Live Sampler and DirectWave for FL Studio are possibilities too but again it depends on the demand. We'll experiment a little with a few things perhaps. Structure for ProTools is another contender although it can import. The idea is to be sure that people that use these popular DAWS have some great sounds with particular characteristics (some of which are rare) to conveniently use in their system... not that a virtual instrument plug-in isn't incredibly convenient too but we're a sound developer first and foremost. So perhaps supporting these formats will be helpful to musicians, composers, producers etc. I deal with these people on a regular basis and get asked questions like "Can I load that Mellotron sound into my EXS?" and whenever I have to say "Well no but you can..." I think to myself "Why no?" I'd like to be able to say YES to the most popular questions I get asked about sounds.

I'l LOVE to see some support for Structure! The import formats for it are VERY long in the tooth, (Giga, Samplecell) and it appears that NI library support ends at Kontakt 3.

There are so few good third party libraries out there for it, and I think the sound engine is very clear and punchy. And both Structure and Xpand are WAY CPU light, so that's another reason I look to them, (as well as Sampletank), when I know I'll need lots of firepower.

Very intrigued by your new instrument/browser/modality project too. Anything that'll let me create faster and spend less time organizing and searching is a GOOD thing!

Maybe a intro/demo of it bundled with the new ST3? See, I brought it aback around to topic! :hihi:

KVR/eSoundz: Xenobt

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”