Drum Masters 2 "How To" Video Manual/Tutorial Requests

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bambam wrote:
Jus11 wrote:
zedd wrote:I also have a bunch of MT grooves that go with my Drum Masters collection, which I have never put to good use, because I never figured out an efficient way to harness the MT loops together with the kits.
I would also be interested to see this done by someone who really can, for the same reason.
yes, it would also be great to know how to use grooves and ezplayer pro with the drum masters collection in pro tools.
i've been pulling my hair out trying to use owd/ssd/ezplayer/grooves/protools

* does anyone have any tips or feel like sharing their work methods for this? *

midi mucking makes me mental -> "i don't wanna be a pinhead no more"

bambam wrote:
bambam wrote:
Jus11 wrote:
zedd wrote:I also have a bunch of MT grooves that go with my Drum Masters collection, which I have never put to good use, because I never figured out an efficient way to harness the MT loops together with the kits.
I would also be interested to see this done by someone who really can, for the same reason.
yes, it would also be great to know how to use grooves and ezplayer pro with the drum masters collection in pro tools.

These templates are not exactly what you are after, yet they might give you some help for using midigrooves in Ez player to feed Kontakt: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=288921
(however, dm multi audiogrooves for kontakt are a different matter, Ez cannot be used in playig then, I think)

Jus11 wrote:
bambam wrote:
bambam wrote:
Jus11 wrote:

These templates are not exactly what you are after, yet they might give you some help for using midigrooves in Ez player to feed Kontakt: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=288921
(however, dm multi audiogrooves for kontakt are a different matter, Ez cannot be used in playig then, I think)
thanks for the reply, it's much appreciated. i'll check them out now. thanks again.

anyone else have any tips or methods of working with owd/ssd/ezplayer/grooves/protools?

cheers.

bambam wrote:anyone else have any tips or methods of working with owd/ssd/ezplayer/grooves/protools?
Not sure what kind of tips you are looking for, but the most basic way to use EZ Player Pro with any DAW is to do the following:

(1) first add EZPlayer Pro to a track or aux of your projects (the way you would with any regular VI).
(2) on EZ Player Pro click on the button in the middle which says MAP WRAP and then go down to Sonic Reality and select iMap Extended (which is what I use and recommend, especially if you are using Sonic Reality drum collections)
(3) create a MIDI track in your project which is accessing a sound source for drums (like Infinite Player loaded with your Ocean Way drum kit, or any other drum source)
(4) RECORD ENABLE that track
(5) in EZ Player Pro select a MIDI file to audition, and either just press the PLAY button in the middle of the interface to hear the loop playing by itself, or press PLAY in your DAW to hear the loops in sync with your project.
(6) when you hear something you like, drag and drop the loop onto that MIDI track that you created in your DAW, dragging on the name of the loop in the column window.

Lots of other little things you'll figure out by trial and error.

Groovy. :-)

Remember that EZ Player Pro is only for working with MIDI loops and not for audio. For a great loop player that is free and which can audition REX files in your DAW (or standalone) look into UVI Workstation. Allen turned me on to using UVI Workstation for working with the Drum Masters REX grooves.
Somewhere in the background zedd

zedd wrote:
bambam wrote:anyone else have any tips or methods of working with owd/ssd/ezplayer/grooves/protools?
Not sure what kind of tips you are looking for, but the most basic way to use EZ Player Pro with any DAW is to do the following:

(1) first add EZPlayer Pro to a track or aux of your projects (the way you would with any regular VI).
(2) on EZ Player Pro click on the button in the middle which says MAP WRAP and then go down to Sonic Reality and select iMap Extended (which is what I use and recommend, especially if you are using Sonic Reality drum collections)
(3) create a MIDI track in your project which is accessing a sound source for drums (like Infinite Player loaded with your Ocean Way drum kit, or any other drum source)
(4) RECORD ENABLE that track
(5) in EZ Player Pro select a MIDI file to audition, and either just press the PLAY button in the middle of the interface to hear the loop playing by itself, or press PLAY in your DAW to hear the loops in sync with your project.
(6) when you hear something you like, drag and drop the loop onto that MIDI track that you created in your DAW, dragging on the name of the loop in the column window.

Lots of other little things you'll figure out by trial and error.

Groovy. :-)

Remember that EZ Player Pro is only for working with MIDI loops and not for audio. For a great loop player that is free and which can audition REX files in your DAW (or standalone) look into UVI Workstation. Allen turned me on to using UVI Workstation for working with the Drum Masters REX grooves.
zedd, THANK YOU. i tried what you said and it sort of works but could you please clarify a couple of things when you get a minute? on the midi track i've got the input coming from ezplayerout and the output going to kontakt player. is that right if i've selected the map wrap on the ezplayer track and put the owd on the kontakt track? so i see the kontakt track getting the midi but since i have record enabled the midi track it will record it there. i'm guessing the map wrap should be selected depending on which set of drums, for example owd or ssd, i've loaded and that the grooves should be specific to the drum program and not general midi so that the mapping is correct.

btw where is the correct place to place the midi grooves?

also, i was able to bang out a part on the keyboard but when i solo it, it just sounds like a bad drummer. i'm curious how to get a great realistic sounding drum track in this way. is it necessary to quantize the track or just do it in smaller parts and correct it later? maybe it's just a question of practicing 'playing' drums on the keyboard. sorry if the questions sound lame, i've been recording for over twenty years but these midi tools are a new thing for me. thanks again for your help and also suggesting uvi workstation which i'll check out. hopefully there's a mac version.

Last edited by bambam on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anything related to mixing - EQ, compression, etc.

Thanks so much.

- Paul

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”