Drum Masters & OWD Community Support Thread

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm having a huge amount of trouble. First, I can't instal the Infinite Player on my Mac (snow leopard). I'm getting this message:

The installation failed. The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Secondly, even if it did instal, I don't seem to have an authorisation doe anywhere - I've looked in my esoundz and downloadablesoundz pages but no joy.

I'm guessing I need to get the IP running before anything else, but I'm finding this really really difficult. I'd be so grateful for help.

Best,

Robin

bresnark wrote:I'm having a huge amount of trouble. First, I can't instal the Infinite Player on my Mac (snow leopard). I'm getting this message:

The installation failed. The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Secondly, even if it did instal, I don't seem to have an authorisation doe anywhere - I've looked in my esoundz and downloadablesoundz pages but no joy.

I'm guessing I need to get the IP running before anything else, but I'm finding this really really difficult. I'd be so grateful for help.

Best,

Robin
Please contact support so they can troubleshoot it with you. I also mentioned some solutions in the other thread. But, anyway, email allen (at) esoundz (dot) com or make a support ticket on esoundz and he'll get back to you... granted today is Saturday on a holiday weekend so it may have to be Monday! Thanks for your patience Robin. :)

Hi Everyone,

I just purchased Group Buy #1 and #2. I installed GB#1 and everything seems to be working okay. I loaded a General Midi file into Reaper and one of the OWD GM kits. It plays, but there is definitely a crash cymbal missing in the playback. When I load any other brand drum kit (such as Battery, Steven Slate, EZ Drummer, etc.) on that very same file, the crash cymbal plays. I have the same problem with any of the Drum Masters kits I try in this midi file, as well.

Does anyone know why this might be happening? Should I be using the IMAP kit instead of the GM kit? What is the difference between the two?

Thanks!!

PS - I also have EZ Player Pro, and tried using the Map Wrap by selecting either Drum Masters or IMAP under Sonic Reality, but that didn't seem to work either.

Just to understand it right - i might be said before or in another thread, but I can't find it:
as a participant of GB 1 I already own Infinte Player. Is this the same as in GB Part 2, or must I download and install this new if I want to use the files of GB 2? Same with the library installer? Is Kontakt 3.5 enough for using this Infinite Player or is Kontakt Player 4 absolutely necessary?
Thanks in advance for any help on this.

You only need one Infinite Player. You know, "One IP to rule them all."

I think that Kontakt Player 3.5 will work fine. I don't remember hearing anything differently.

on the Reaper forum, bharris wrote:I confirmed that all of the kit pieces are set to GM. However, I realized that the "Mapped Key" for several of the cymbals (for example) is set to "Off", and I can't seem to turn it on. I noticed in my midi file that it includes some notes set to note #57, for example, but none of the drum kit pieces are mapped to that note number. How can I change the mapping of individual pieces of the kit (or even turn them on)? Or, do you know whether there is a drum map specifically for DM or OWD for General Midi that can be used in Reaper?

Thanks!
and DarkStar wrote:As you have found, you can change the mapping of each drum kit piece on the Mapping panel in the Performance View, selecting "IMAP" or "GM" in the drop-down menu on the right-hand side.

In the original Drum Masters, you could also switch all the drum kit pieces, by pressing B-1 on your MIDI keyboard (with the track Armed for Recording). It does not look like this is implemented in Ultimate Studio Drums.

The keyboard mapping is fixed for IMAP and GM. If you want to change it, select "Custom" mapping and drag the Mapped Key knob up or down (or click [MIDI learn] and press the key / hit the pad on your MIDI Controller.

I've just looked in DM2 Chicago STm GM:
-- Crash 1 is not mapped
-- Crash 2 is mapped to G2 (55)
-- China is mapped to E2 (52)
-- Splash is mapped to A2 (57)

Crash 1 is not mapped in the other USD GM kits or GM kit pieces that I looked at. Hmm, it looks like a map programming bug to me.
Can anyone confirm this for the USD kits - in GM mapping mode?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

We'll have a look at this later today.

I tried changing the "Mapped Key" for the cymbals on the Nirvana STm kit and the Sensitone STm kit, with no luck. It seems that anytime I load a kit in Mapping Mode GM, if the Mapped Key shown for that cymbal is shown as "Off", even if I change the slot to Special 1 or Special 2, the Mapped Key remains Off. In other words, these cymbals at the moment can never be triggered, because I cannot change the Mapped Key to a numbered key unless I change the Mapping Mode to Custom.

Hi Guys,

This is my first post here... Couple of newbie Q's. Please go easy on me or point me in the right direction so I can research or learn this for myself.

I have bought both group buys and loaded all of the first group buy with success except -

Do all of the kits have a China and a Splash cymbal? They seem to have these two cymbals listed in the Kontakt mixer but none of them have the cymbals...

What is the difference between GM, IMAP and VDRM?

With the Group Buy 2, are all of the extra kits offered through downloadablesoundz different from the ones in GB 1? Some of them have similar names.

I wanted to get the backup DVD's. I recieved an email from esoundz saying I could get it for $10. Has anyone had success with this? I tried to write them about getting the first and second group buy DVD's a while ago but I've had no response.

I am slowly reading through the thread but...

Thank you anyone, in advance, if you can help with some of these questions. I really appreciate your time :-)

Kind regards.

I just found a couple of other threads related to this stuff... I'll read there for a bit...

bharris22 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I just purchased Group Buy #1 and #2. I installed GB#1 and everything seems to be working okay. I loaded a General Midi file into Reaper and one of the OWD GM kits. It plays, but there is definitely a crash cymbal missing in the playback. When I load any other brand drum kit (such as Battery, Steven Slate, EZ Drummer, etc.) on that very same file, the crash cymbal plays. I have the same problem with any of the Drum Masters kits I try in this midi file, as well.

Does anyone know why this might be happening? Should I be using the IMAP kit instead of the GM kit? What is the difference between the two?

Thanks!!

PS - I also have EZ Player Pro, and tried using the Map Wrap by selecting either Drum Masters or IMAP under Sonic Reality, but that didn't seem to work either.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 88#4065688
Inspired by ...

Hi, great sounds and I'm very glad I got this. I just have a few questions. I want to move the location of the drum sounds to another drive. Do I just copy and paste and then repoint it to the new location using the 'Add Library' under the libraries tab of kontakt?

Also, is it possible to automate the parameters of the effects on the output mixer in kontakt? It says 'Drag' midi cc to parameter, but when I do this it seems it won't allow it.

I've noticed that some kits in the Hybrid Stm kit can't locate the samples. Any suggestions to remedy this? Should i just reload the samples using the infinte player. The file I downloaded looks the same size.

Finally, all the zip files I have seem to differ slightly in size from what's indicated in my download section of esoundz. Is this normal?

thanks for your help with this awesome product!
My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard

http://soundcloud.com/the-boogee-man

You should move the complete "Infinite Player" library not just the sample files.

I can't remember how you tell Kontakt the new location of the library.

'Fraid that Mixer effect parameters cannot be automated (quite an oversight, IMO) - that is one for NI.

Check that all the sample files (.nkx and .nkc file extensions) are in the Samples folder. The only .nkx and .nkc files that should be in the "Infinite Player" folder is "Studio Profiles Info". Also try temporarily renaming the .nkc file for one of the problem Hybrid kits. If that solves it delete the old renamed .nkc file. If not, then what check the path that Kontakt is looking for in the missing samples window.

When you check the files sizes you need to (in Windows, anyway) right-click the .zip file and select Properties and look at the size (in bytes) listed there. How much do they differ?
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:You should move the complete "Infinite Player" library not just the sample files.

I can't remember how you tell Kontakt the new location of the library.

'Fraid that Mixer effect parameters cannot be automated (quite an oversight, IMO) - that is one for NI.

Check that all the sample files (.nkx and .nkc file extensions) are in the Samples folder. The only .nkx and .nkc files that should be in the "Infinite Player" folder is "Studio Profiles Info". Also try temporarily renaming the .nkc file for one of the problem Hybrid kits. If that solves it delete the old renamed .nkc file. If not, then what check the path that Kontakt is looking for in the missing samples window.

When you check the files sizes you need to (in Windows, anyway) right-click the .zip file and select Properties and look at the size (in bytes) listed there. How much do they differ?
Thanks for the reply Darkstar. I haven't had any time to get to my computer to check this out, but I should have this weekend. It's surprising how little time one has to do music with all this World Cup action on. That and the fact I spent the last weekend in Amsterdam. That city should come with a health warning!

That really sucks about the mixer parameters! Is that something they have fixed in the full version of Kontakt?
My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard

http://soundcloud.com/the-boogee-man

Don't think so. The Operations Manual refers to "automating any parameter of an Instrument"
Inspired by ...

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”