Drum Masters & OWD Community Support Thread

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BERFAB wrote:I can't be the first or only one to have done this, but I installed the Global Update 2 without removing that Universal file in the Esounds notice.

So NOW what do I do? Could someone please point me in the right direction? Do I delete that universal file now? Or just leave it?

cheers
-B
At a guess, rename the Ultimate folder & reinstall the update zip. If it works then delete the renamed Ulimate folder.
At esoundz: ducatibruce

Hi!

My harddrive broke, so I'm just starting the process of downloading the kits.

I was wondering in what order to do things: Do i need to install the "final patch update" and if so before or after I've installed the kits?

kind regards

d

BERFAB wrote:I can't be the first or only one to have done this, but I installed the Global Update 2 without removing that Universal file in the Esounds notice.

So NOW what do I do? Could someone please point me in the right direction? Do I delete that universal file now? Or just leave it?

cheers
-B
Well, you can either do the process again - this time following the instructions precisely OR you CAN just leave it. No biggie. The only reason to have removed the file was so the new individual instrument names would be the only thing that showed up as opposed to the previous ones being kept. The new names just have GM or VDRM at the end for the instrument NKIs. Before some of them didn't have it. But the Multis did. It doesn't affect functionality at all. So, now you'd have two instruments next to each other - two hi hats in a particular GM kit's folder with one that just has the name of the hi hat and one next to it that has a GM at the end. If you don't want to see the two names next to each other then follow the instructions on removing that exact folder and drag and drop the Global Patch Update #2 again! Easy. Either way.

Just so you guys know, the way Infinite Instruments Installer works is that whatever you drag and drop install into it last updates whatever patches are the same name and in the same folder structure. Usually you don't have to remove anything first... but this was a case where we decided to improve the naming suffixes which is rare. But either way, since it has ALL of the "Factory" patches in it then it will just over-write the previous ones if you install it. If you make a mistake you can do it again.

dkarlstrom wrote:Hi!

My harddrive broke, so I'm just starting the process of downloading the kits.

I was wondering in what order to do things: Do i need to install the "final patch update" and if so before or after I've installed the kits?

kind regards

d
Well, ironically if you are downloading all the kits now you don't even need to do the Global Patch Update at the end because we've updated each individual kit with the latest patches on line. But, it wouldn't hurt or anything so you could do it and if you did you do it at the END - last thing. Also you would not have to remove the folder first in that case because the new kit zips have the names with suffixes (GM, VDRM) updated already.

If we do another Global Patch Update with further enhancements - which are planning to for V-Drum hi hat advanced controls - then you simply keep everything you've downloaded and installed as it is but download another Global Patch Update and drag/drop it. It is just patches so it isn't nearly as large as it would be to download the samples again. Easy fix solution.

ducatibruce wrote:

cheers
-B
At a guess, rename the Ultimate folder & reinstall the update zip. If it works then delete the renamed Ulimate folder.
Not even necessary. The Global Patch Update #2 is a zip that contains all of the latest Instruments and Multis for Ultimate Studio Drums Bundle. If you took the Ultimate Studio Drums folders out it would re-install them whenever you dragged and dropped it back onto the installer. If you left the folders in it would over-write the patches within it - by replacing like names. The only reason to REMOVE the folder in this case was because there were patch name changes (like I said, we rarely do that but in this case it was an oversight and better to have the GM or VDRM in the instrument names).

That's how I thought it worked, but as I wasnt sure I suggested the name change.
At esoundz: ducatibruce

OK, I understand the part where you drag the drum kit zips to the Infinite Instruments Installer, but I'm not sure about the following:

1. Deluxe Acoustic Piano for Infinite Player zip - Do you drag this also to the Infinite Instruments Installer just like any drum kit zip?

2. What about the MIDI grooves from Odd Grooves and the Drum Masters IMAP MIDI Volume 1 - what do you do with these?

3. And what do you do with the Ultimate Studio Drums Skins zip? What is it for and do you need it at all?

Sorry for being so clueless. :oops: I've never used soft synths before, let alone Kontakt. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks!

No problem.
mtl777 wrote:1. Deluxe Acoustic Piano for Infinite Player zip - Do you drag this also to the Infinite Instruments Installer just like any drum kit zip?
Yep, just drop it on the Library Installer. BTW, the latest version (1.1) of the Library Installer is on www.sonicreality.com. Register there and you can download it.
mtl777 wrote:2. What about the MIDI grooves from Odd Grooves and the Drum Masters IMAP MIDI Volume 1 - what do you do with these?
I've unzipped the oddgrooves files and put the 220@ODDGROOVES_BONUS_MIDI folder alongside the other EZPlayer Pro MIDI files.
And I unzipped the DM iMap MIDI files and put the main folder alongside my other MIDI loops. I then added that folder to the EZPP Browser: click [Menu], select "Add path ...", remember to set the source to "Drum Masters".
mtl777 wrote:3. And what do you do with the Ultimate Studio Drums Skins zip? What is it for and do you need it at all?
I can't remember if you still need to do this but I think I unzipped the file and put the 2 Info files into my Infinite Player folder, replacing the older ones, alongside the "Instruments", "Multis" etc folders. The files were:
Studio ProFiles Infinite Player_info.nkc
Studio ProFiles Infinite Player_info.nkx

HTH
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Hey DarkStar, thank you so much for your help!! :tu: I've finished installing and the kits sound great! The only thing is, my Roland XP-50 has only 61 keys and some samples are mapped too low, beyond the lowest key on the keyboard. I see that I can change the mapping, though, so no biggie. Boy I have a lot to learn and must RTFM. :wink:

mtl777 wrote:Hey DarkStar, thank you so much for your help!! :tu: I've finished installing and the kits sound great! The only thing is, my Roland XP-50 has only 61 keys and some samples are mapped too low, beyond the lowest key on the keyboard. I see that I can change the mapping, though, so no biggie. Boy I have a lot to learn and must RTFM. :wink:
I wouldn't change the mapping. Just use the octave up and down buttons on your keyboard. Midi transposing is MUCH easier. For finger drumming you can also change the map mode to "Performance" which is designed to fit easier in a 61 key keyboard.

Squids wrote:
mtl777 wrote:Hey DarkStar, thank you so much for your help!! :tu: I've finished installing and the kits sound great! The only thing is, my Roland XP-50 has only 61 keys and some samples are mapped too low, beyond the lowest key on the keyboard. I see that I can change the mapping, though, so no biggie. Boy I have a lot to learn and must RTFM. :wink:
I wouldn't change the mapping. Just use the octave up and down buttons on your keyboard. Midi transposing is MUCH easier. For finger drumming you can also change the map mode to "Performance" which is designed to fit easier in a 61 key keyboard.
Great idea! I knew there was a better way. :tu: And great info on the Performance mode -- really good to know. Thanks!

Hi. Just wondering about some things:

1. Is there a manual available for the Ultimate Studio Drums apart from the Kontakt and Infinite Player ones? I mean something that is specific to the kits and their settings etc. I'm quite new to these products and would like some more guidelines about their usage.

2. Is it possible to apply the Convolution Reverb patches that were included in the download to a kit as a whole, i.e. to the overall output? I know it can be inserted into an aux channel and then each drum can have its own setting for this but I can't find a way to simply apply it in one go to the summed output from or within Kontakt. I am using Logic as a host and obviously I can apply its C. reverb to the channel that Kontakt is in but I want to be able to use the one in Kontakt with those great patches. Hope this makes sense.

3. Do you need to be able to play a keyboard well in order to manage the iMap system or is it fairly user-friendly for non-keyboard players? I am a guitarist and am teaching myself (slowly!) to play an e-drum kit but I'm wondering if the iMap might be more straightforward for these kits.

Apologies if all this has been covered before in the forum but there are a lot of posts!.

Thanks.

I've been reviewing the news updates on my esoundz member page and saw the following on the 1/10/2010 "Phase 2 Ready" update:

"Phase 2 that is now in your download area of esoundz has all of the DM2 "STm" kits including the two bonus kits JB Tama® Stick and Chicago Gretsch®. Please download the zip called DM2 MISC KITS last as this has a variety of the remaining DM2 kits that share kit pieces with the other kits. ALL kits must be downloaded and installed for these kits and also the upcoming Hybrid Kits from phase 3 to work as they cross reference different kit pieces."

I'm not sure why you have to download DM2 Misc Kits last -- unless it really means to install it last. :? So it got me worried because I installed the kits into the Infinite Library Installer in alphabetical order (the way they were listed on Windows Explorer) and DM2 Misc Kits certainly wasn't the last one I installed. Should I have installed DM2 Misc Kits last? If I made a mistake in not installing it last, how do I fix it now that I have already finished installing all the kits of this group buy?

I think that it should be installed last as it overwrites / replaces some other files with the latest versions.

By installing in alphabetical order, the DM2 Misc kits files would have been installed, and then some files may have been replaced by files from the subsequent kits that were installed. Those replacement files could have earlier dates and so not be the right ones.

It might be sufficient and OK just to run the DM2 Misc Kits install again. I haven't needed to do that so cannot be 100% certain. But make sure you get the latest version of the Library Installer from www.sonicreality.com (you need to register there to be able to download files).
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Anyone else having problems with crash # 2 ?? crash # 1 is fine but about 50% of the time crash 2 chokes on its own?? im triggering it on a drum pad that doesnt have a choke function and i cant find any weird midi settings in the brain that would cause it. is there some switch that i can just flip etc to fix this, is it just me??? any thoughts??? (btw i have installed the patch and that didnt fix it)

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”