Drum Masters & OWD Community Support Thread

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mtl777 wrote:Hey guys, this question is about EZ Player Pro. The instructions to download EZ Player Pro says to click the red PC or Mac button. However, there is another download link (under the heading "Software Updates") for EZ Player Pro 105. Is this the latest version and should I download and install this instead of the one on the red button?

Thanks!
v105 is the latest version.

I uninstalled my earlier version and then installed v105 (putting the MIDI files into a different location while i was at it) and all was OK.

PS Just for info, I selected ...\drum grooves\Toontrack as my folder and the install creates a "midi" folder in there then puts the different folders of MIDI files in there.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Stephonix wrote:I'm having some uncertainty using Ez Player with the SquidiMids (specifically with the MapWrap assignments)

When I import the Folder of MIDI's into the browser it asks for a sound source. Do I enter Drum Masters in here. (and if so does that then limit me from using an OWD kit with the MIDI files)?

Then when I choose a "MapWrap" in the Ez Player interface, do I choose iMap standard, or iMap extended (or something else)?

Thanks for any help with this
a) Import: I used [Menu] >> Add path, and I selected "Drum Masters"
b) Map Wrap: whatever I choose there I am getting inconsistent results - will investigate and report back
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Question: I tried grabbing the MT Premier/Jazz kit updates off the SR site. They both go to ~25% and then just stop (done multiple times). Anyone know of an issue here? And for the jazz kit, if I redownloaded it yesterday, do I even need that update? Thanks....

chroma wrote: And for the jazz kit, if I redownloaded it yesterday, do I even need that update? Thanks....
The update doesn't affect the jazz kit. Two different things.

not the global patch update, the jazz kit update on the SR site, called 'Ultimate Studio Drums DM2 STm Jazz Kit Patch Update'.

chroma wrote:not the global patch update, the jazz kit update on the SR site, called 'Ultimate Studio Drums DM2 STm Jazz Kit Patch Update'.
If you downloaded it yesterday then you're fine on that kit. If you didn't download it yesterday or anyone else didn't but they own it (via choosing it in the GB if they already had Infinite Player) then download it again as it has a new patch update. OR alternatively you can go to www.sonicreality.com and login there to go to the downloads page where you can download ONLY a Jazz Kit "patch" update - without having to download all of the samples again. Just faster. Same thing though.

quick question, does this include the hihat vdrum update, or that still coming separately?
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

Sorry if I'm missing something, I really haven't had time to get to the intricasies of these kits and the Infinite Player, but I was just playing with OWD kits 13 and then 4 and I'm still getting random velocities on kick and snare, and I don't know how to tame it. Would you be able to point me in the right direction to stop this behaviour?
Ilk

I. Lehti wrote:Sorry if I'm missing something, I really haven't had time to get to the intricasies of these kits and the Infinite Player, but I was just playing with OWD kits 13 and then 4 and I'm still getting random velocities on kick and snare, and I don't know how to tame it. Would you be able to point me in the right direction to stop this behaviour?
Are these random velocities happening with a controller or with MIDI files?

gmon72 wrote:quick question, does this include the hihat vdrum update, or that still coming separately?
Squids said something about a HH script coming later.

Reverend Rhythm wrote:
I. Lehti wrote:Sorry if I'm missing something, I really haven't had time to get to the intricasies of these kits and the Infinite Player, but I was just playing with OWD kits 13 and then 4 and I'm still getting random velocities on kick and snare, and I don't know how to tame it. Would you be able to point me in the right direction to stop this behaviour?
The random velocities occur in both instances, very annoying.

Milt wrote:
Reverend Rhythm wrote:
I just went through OWD 4 and 13. Sorry, but I can't hear any random velocities. Seemed consistent to me.

gmon72 wrote:quick question, does this include the hihat vdrum update, or that still coming separately?
It does include A hi hat update for the V-Drum kits. But, not THE hi hat update that was discussed with regard to a new script. That is still being worked on as a future enhancement. Not too far off though. Maybe end of next week.

Milt wrote:
Reverend Rhythm wrote:
I think you guys may be referring to the round robin ALTS. They are different timbres and sometimes subtle differences in volume. I just opened Kit 13 and tweaked a few alts out under the hood a little to even out levels but it wasn't too drastic a difference. Perhaps you may not always like the sound of the alting but that can be turned off per articulation. Just go to the articulation of the kit piece and then under each "ALT" you can turn them off with the button to the right. Then save it back as a variation with a different name.

I can't be the first or only one to have done this, but I installed the Global Update 2 without removing that Universal file in the Esounds notice.

So NOW what do I do? Could someone please point me in the right direction? Do I delete that universal file now? Or just leave it?

cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”