Drum Masters & OWD Community Support Thread

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

that's a good question. The patch updates every patch for all the OWD and original STm kits, so you shouldn't need to re-download any of those. It doesn't touch any of the extra kits, including the Jazz kit and the MT kits. They did say to redownload the jazz kit. Not sure about the MT kits.

I donèt think so , the patch is over 200 megs so it should contain extra material ect. , save your bandwidth
Nobody's a nobody...

Squids wrote:On the Global Patch Update #2 please read the instructions. Because some of the instrument names (not multis but individual instrument kit pieces) are different you need to remove one of the folders and then install it. Not hard to do at all but unless you don't mind duplicate names next to each other I suggest doing that. It will work either way but following the directions will be "cleaner" looking is all.
I believe that part of the confusion here is because the download does not appear to have any instructions.

Pasting the instructions in this thread (and as a text file in our downloads area) would probably put some minds at ease.
Somewhere in the background zedd

zedd wrote:
Squids wrote:On the Global Patch Update #2 please read the instructions. Because some of the instrument names (not multis but individual instrument kit pieces) are different you need to remove one of the folders and then install it. Not hard to do at all but unless you don't mind duplicate names next to each other I suggest doing that. It will work either way but following the directions will be "cleaner" looking is all.
I believe that part of the confusion here is because the download does not appear to have any instructions.

Pasting the instructions in this thread (and as a text file in our downloads area) would probably put some minds at ease.
The download does have instructions in the back end of esoundz news. But I will copy paste it in here for you as well.

-----
GLOBAL PATCH UDPATE #2 RELEASED FOR ULTIMATE STUDIO DRUMS!
We are pleased to tell you that there is a new "Global Patch Update #2" in your esoundz download area which enhances the patches of the Ultimate Studio Drums Bundle. From improvement in dynamics to tweaks with randomized alternate hits to fixes of minor bugs this update covers a lot in one shot. The process to update your Ultimate Studio Drums Bundle is easy but please read the instructions in the back end of esoundz or in the product description carefully to do the installation properly.

For previous Infinite Player owners if you chose the Ludwig Jazz Kit option then you can either re-download that kit now and drag/drop it onto the Infinite Library Installer to update/replace OR you can download just the patches from the download section of http://www.sonicreality.com and drag/drop those patches without the samples instead (less time to download).

For those that purchased the DVD option, they have just started shipping and since there are many custom DVDs ordered it will take a few days for all of them to be sent out. We thank you for your patience. Alternatively an Infinite HD version "pre-installed on a hard drive" will also be made available for purchase before the end of this week.

Global Patch Update Instructions"

Please follow these Instructions before installing the Global Patch Update #2:

1.) Locate the Ultimate Studio Drums folder found in your INSTRUMENTS Folder and DELETE it.

This is found here: Infinite Player/Instruments/Ultimate Studio Drums

2.) Drag the Global Patch Update Zip to the Library Installer. You will be asked to locate the Infinite Player folder. Once you have located that folder, the Global Patch Update will be installed and all of the drum kit Multis and Instruments will be updated with the latest fixes and enhancements.

DarkStar wrote:I've still got it :)

Global Patch Update #2 ... 235522359 (Size in bytes).

Have another look.
K... It,s back... I'll go grab it before it moves again... :)

Redhawk1 wrote:

Have another look.
It's not going anywhere. There was one minor tweak we had to do real quick. Anyone who downloaded it last night should just download it again.

jarrydee wrote:
chroma wrote:Keep in mind... as far as I can tell, the patch updates only update the _patches_, not the _samples_. In a 1GB drum patch, 99% of that is the samples, and only 1% is the kontakt patch. From what I can see, the final global patch update doesn't contain any samples, just patches. And while the total of the kits is >17GB, the patch update is only ~200 megs. So there's really no disadvantage to just getting the kits now, using them as they are, and then applying the update.

I know that CC4 support is coming later, so they are going to be updated again.
Ok, a quick question, I downloaded all the kits the day they were put in our DL area..do I have to go back and RE- download all of the kits? I am trying to follow all of this and I don't know what to do..everything seems to work fine, I installed the "FINAL global update" today...I just want to know if I need to re-DL all of these kit's......

Thanks for the help!!!
No not at all. Just the latest Global Patch Update - for those that have already installed all of the kits.

It IS 200 megs but that is because it has Multis and Instruments for ALL of the STm kits (but not the Jazz kit and not the MT kits).

Squids wrote:
Redhawk1 wrote:

Have another look.
It's not going anywhere. There was one minor tweak we had to do real quick. Anyone who downloaded it last night should just download it again.
Last night in what time zone? I downloaded it this morning at 8 am german time, so was that before or after the final tweak to the Final Global Patch Update? It is 224,7 MB, is that size correct?
Thanx
SC

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Squids wrote:
Redhawk1 wrote:

Have another look.
Last night in what time zone? I downloaded it this morning at 8 am german time, so was that before or after the final tweak to the Final Global Patch Update? It is 224,7 MB, is that size correct?
Thanx
SC
Any time before noon Florida time. Nothing major. All it was was one tom in the Chicago kit's V-Drum map and some naming changes in the OWD Kit 10 medium. So, you could just skip it... but if you want to, download it again.

Squids wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Squids wrote:
Redhawk1 wrote:

Have another look.
Thanx
SC
Any time before noon Florida time. Nothing major. All it was was one tom in the Chicago kit's V-Drum map and some naming changes in the OWD Kit 10 medium. So, you could just skip it... but if you want to, download it again.
Ahh, ok, not using the V-Drum anyway so I'll skip that. Great work Squid! The Kits are behaving well sounding better every day :)

By the way, for those that got the Jazz kit you need to follow the procedure for updating with the Global Patch Update #2 and THEN re-install the Jazz kit after (because the Jazz kit isn't in the Global Patch Update - it was optional). So that is the order to do it in (only if you had the Infinite Player already and chose the Jazz kit).

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Ahh, ok, not using the V-Drum anyway so I'll skip that. Great work Squid! The Kits are behaving well sounding better every day :)
Yeah, I am much happier with them now. A little refinement. I had to sit there and play them over and over to get down to the nuances that make it work best. Granted it is to my taste and each person's taste is different... so they can tweak from there if necessary such as velocity to amp settings and stuff. But I wanted to get it to a certain feel that works well with the midi files I'm doing for example.

Speaking of midi files... boy do we have something good cooking up for the SEQUEL group buy which is going to start any day. Just getting all of the "stuff" together. But we've got some really special things that I know a lot of people are going to want. Another great deal coming! This time it should be a LOT smoother - having learned the hard way. ;)

Squids wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Yeah, I am much happier with them now. A little refinement. I had to sit there and play them over and over to get down to the nuances that make it work best. Granted it is to my taste and each person's taste is different... so they can tweak from there if necessary such as velocity to amp settings and stuff. But I wanted to get it to a certain feel that works well with the midi files I'm doing for example.

Speaking of midi files... boy do we have something good cooking up for the SEQUEL group buy which is going to start any day. Just getting all of the "stuff" together. But we've got some really special things that I know a lot of people are going to want. Another great deal coming! This time it should be a LOT smoother - having learned the hard way. ;)
I'm already in the next Group Buy whatever it may be :)
Hopefully it won't include all the Kits I additinally purchased after the Group Buy like Danny Gottlieb MT, John Blackwell MT, Jerry Marotta MT
but even if it did the bargain from the first GB is still incredible and seeing release NI the Abbey Road 60s Drums for 119 USD makes our GB even more valuable!

Hey guys, this question is about EZ Player Pro. The instructions to download EZ Player Pro says to click the red PC or Mac button. However, there is another download link (under the heading "Software Updates") for EZ Player Pro 105. Is this the latest version and should I download and install this instead of the one on the red button?

Thanks!

I'm having some uncertainty using Ez Player with the SquidiMids (specifically with the MapWrap assignments)

When I import the Folder of MIDI's into the browser it asks for a sound source. Do I enter Drum Masters in here. (and if so does that then limit me from using an OWD kit with the MIDI files)?

Then when I choose a "MapWrap" in the Ez Player interface, do I choose iMap standard, or iMap extended (or something else)?

Thanks for any help with this

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”