Drum Masters & OWD Community Support Thread

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

the filename is different when you download it... so it's new in any case.

mtl777 wrote:Oh BTW, what's the global patch update for? Is that just for people who downloaded early and got incomplete files in their zips? I started downloading on January 9. Did any zips still have a problem then? If the file sizes of my downloads match exactly with the file sizes currently shown on my esoundz member page, is that a reliable indication that my downloads are problem-free and I don't need to do the global patch update?
Everyone should install the global patch update. It includes some fixes and improvements that were added just yesterday.
Somewhere in the background zedd

zedd wrote:
mtl777 wrote:Oh BTW, what's the global patch update for? Is that just for people who downloaded early and got incomplete files in their zips? I started downloading on January 9. Did any zips still have a problem then? If the file sizes of my downloads match exactly with the file sizes currently shown on my esoundz member page, is that a reliable indication that my downloads are problem-free and I don't need to do the global patch update?
Everyone should install the global patch update. It includes some fixes and improvements that were added just yesterday.
The Global Patch Update #2 is in your user area of eSoundz now if you bought Ultimate Studio Drums Bundle that is (or were in the group buy). Also, if you already had the Infinite Player and chose the Ludwig Jazz kit just re-download that and install it again for the fixes for that one separately.

On the Global Patch Update #2 please read the instructions. Because some of the instrument names (not multis but individual instrument kit pieces) are different you need to remove one of the folders and then install it. Not hard to do at all but unless you don't mind duplicate names next to each other I suggest doing that. It will work either way but following the directions will be "cleaner" looking is all.

(sorry for the lazy copy and paste - I just want to make sure no one misses it since the email isn't going out until tomorrow).

zedd wrote: Everyone should install the global patch update. It includes some fixes and improvements that were added just yesterday.
I really appreciate your quick response. Thanks very much! :tu:

Squids wrote: The Global Patch Update #2 is in your user area of eSoundz now if you bought Ultimate Studio Drums Bundle that is (or were in the group buy). Also, if you already had the Infinite Player and chose the Ludwig Jazz kit just re-download that and install it again for the fixes for that one separately.

On the Global Patch Update #2 please read the instructions. Because some of the instrument names (not multis but individual instrument kit pieces) are different you need to remove one of the folders and then install it. Not hard to do at all but unless you don't mind duplicate names next to each other I suggest doing that. It will work either way but following the directions will be "cleaner" looking is all.

(sorry for the lazy copy and paste - I just want to make sure no one misses it since the email isn't going out until tomorrow).
I'm seeing the "Drum Masters 2 FINAL Global Patch Update" now, but the previous one is gone. So I take it that this final update completely replaces the previous one and the previous one should be disregarded (if you had already downloaded it), right?

mtl777 wrote:I'm seeing the "Drum Masters 2 FINAL Global Patch Update" now, but the previous one is gone. So I take it that this final update completely replaces the previous one and the previous one should be disregarded (if you had already downloaded it), right?
Yup... cause every kit has apparently been modified, so the instruments will be replacing whatever you have already, whether you updated before or not.
Somewhere in the background zedd

Holy crap! I just compared the file sizes and most of my downloads are larger by 1,711 bytes. :o Do I need to download the mismatched files again or can I just install the final global patch update and it will fix everything?

On second thought, I haven't really installed anything yet, so maybe it would be better to just download the mismatched files again. I have a very fast Internet connection anyway. If I decide to do that, then I won't need to install the final global patch update, right?

Lastly, is everything final now? I think I would rather wait for all the dust to settle before I start installing. :wink: Can you reasonably say that there won't be anymore patch updates from now on?

Thanks! :)

The individual kits on line are not updated yet. So it would still be necessary to do the Global Patch Update at the end. Yes, it replaces the previous one so there's no need to do that twice at least.

The extra (optional) Jazz kit IS updated on line though and the other kits will be too (perhaps by the end of the day today - it takes a while is all). This IS the final Global Patch Update that fixes any issues we know about. But, just like with software (and this is a good thing) there could be updates. Any additional updates beyond this one will be optional but we do intend to further enhance it so there will at least be one more to specifically accommodate requests for advanced control of the V-Drum hi hat for example. However, I think anyone who was waiting for the "dust to settle", now would be a good time to get it going if you haven't already. It works, it sounds great... go for it.

Hi..

The "Final Patch Update" is missing from my esoundz account.. i saw it there last night but when i came to download today it was missing.. has it been taken down for more tweaks etc?.. or is this a problem specific to me?..

Thanks...

I downloaded the update this morning and now it's not in my account either.

standalone wrote:I downloaded the update this morning and now it's not in my account either.
Ahh!.. K.. Cheers Standalone... Not just me then.. i guess it will be put back up again soon..

I've still got it :)

Global Patch Update #2 ... 235522359 (Size in bytes).

Have another look.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Squids wrote:The individual kits on line are not updated yet. So it would still be necessary to do the Global Patch Update at the end.
Which kits are those "individual kits" online that are not yet updated? All of the kits or just some of them? I have just finished re-downloading the files that did not match my file sizes (there were 20 files that didn't match). Were all the files that I just re-downloaded not updated yet?

If I install now and some of the files I install are in fact already updated, what happens if I do the Global Patch Update? Will it try to fix kits that it was meant to fix but which do not need to be fixed anymore because the updated version of the kits was installed? I'm worried that the Global Patch Update might do something unnecessary that will cause problems or ruin the installation.

Perhaps it is better to just wait until all the kits online have been updated so I don't have to run the Global Patch Update? I don't mind downloading the kits again as my Internet connection is very fast. Will all the kits be updated by the end of the day today or the next few days? Please post a notice when all the kits online have been updated.

Thanks! :)

Keep in mind... as far as I can tell, the patch updates only update the _patches_, not the _samples_. In a 1GB drum patch, 99% of that is the samples, and only 1% is the kontakt patch. From what I can see, the final global patch update doesn't contain any samples, just patches. And while the total of the kits is >17GB, the patch update is only ~200 megs. So there's really no disadvantage to just getting the kits now, using them as they are, and then applying the update.

I know that CC4 support is coming later, so they are going to be updated again.

chroma wrote:Keep in mind... as far as I can tell, the patch updates only update the _patches_, not the _samples_. In a 1GB drum patch, 99% of that is the samples, and only 1% is the kontakt patch. From what I can see, the final global patch update doesn't contain any samples, just patches. And while the total of the kits is >17GB, the patch update is only ~200 megs. So there's really no disadvantage to just getting the kits now, using them as they are, and then applying the update.

I know that CC4 support is coming later, so they are going to be updated again.
Ok, a quick question, I downloaded all the kits the day they were put in our DL area..do I have to go back and RE- download all of the kits? I am trying to follow all of this and I don't know what to do..everything seems to work fine, I installed the "FINAL global update" today...I just want to know if I need to re-DL all of these kit's......

Thanks for the help!!!

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”