Drum Masters & OWD Community Support Thread

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DarkStar wrote:
bambam wrote:
DarkStar wrote:@bambam,
Can you post a couple of specific examples - size on eSoundz page and size on your disk?
@DarkStar,
here are three, for example (they all vary similarly):

esoundz page: OWD Kit 10 Med 735685754 bytes
browser download window: OWD Kit 10 Med 702 MB

esoundz page: OWD Kit 13 Medium 664903215 bytes
browser download window: OWD Kit 13 Medium 634 MB

esoundz page: OWD Kit 12 Dry 648924035 bytes
browser download window: OWD Kit 12 Dry 619 MB
PointOfDeparture wrote:In Windows, right-click the zip file, select Properties, then look at the Size (bytes).
It's down to the conversion from bytes to MB:
735685754 bytes / 1024 / 1024 = 701.605 MB
664903125 bytes / 1024 / 1024 = 634.101 MB
ah ha, thanks

:)

Here are the results of using EZ Player Pro to remap a GM MIDI file with a hit for each drum into iMap.

Big pic:
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/8735 ... apping.png

-- the note colours are only there to help you match up the hits,
-- make sure you use Slots 4, 5 and 6 for your Toms,

NB, in older versions of EZ Player Pro, you will need to transpose all the hits up an octave.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Reverend Rhythm wrote:
BLSheep04 wrote:Am I missing something?

I DL'ed Kontakt Player 4 from NI, and the custom skins from my soundz area, but I can't find either the redeem code nor the Infinite player in my DL area...

Please help,

Jon
What do you see when you go here:
https://www.esoundz.com/myaccount/downloads.php ?

you should see:

"Here are your product serials:"

and

"Here are your Group Buy pages:"

Do you see those? If not, you should write allen (at) esoundz (dot) com
Hey, thanks. There was a small mix up but I see it all now.

Jon

The owd 10 kits don't have the open hi hat closed by playing one of the closed hats.
The Signature Ludwg Jazz Kit does not found his graphics file, even after the last info file update.
BTW, thanks for this wonderful group buy!!!

megadude wrote:Is it possible to get the IMAP layout as a .pdf? Or is it online somewhere in a printable form? I'd like to print it out to have near the keyboard; it will take a while to learn, and that would be helpful.
There is a color image that I made which you can grab from the VITAL INFO thread (I had to copy paste your question here though so we keep that thread more focused on info than discussion).

But there will also be more documentation cooming regarding the latest iMap info.

Squids wrote:
drumrgal wrote:
My Questions:

Kim (aka: Drumrgal from V-Drums Forum)
Since I already own Kontact 3.5 (full version I believe), do I need to download a different version that's made 'just for this Group Buy' or can I use what I already own & if so, what do I need to do?( I've read you need the newest version, you can use the version you already have etc...?

You're fine to use the version of Kontakt you have. 3.5 or higher is okay (Kontakt version 2 is what we were saying would not work).

I tried to use the group buy Jazz kit (as I already own Infinite Player) in the Kontact version I already have but it wouldn't load. The files are there but grayed out.

The original Infinite Player Installer used to install Kontakt 2 Player so be sure you're not trying to load that Jazz kit with Kontakt Player 2! It won't work there. NI's Kontakt Player 2, 3.5 and 4 can actually all be installed on one's computer at the same time (they don't overwrite each other). So first be sure of that. If that's not the issue then let us know. Have you checked to make sure you downloaded the entire zip as well?

What are the steps I need to take as a person already owning these versions of Kontakt & Infinite Player? Is there a patch for Kontakt 3.5 to make it useable with the Ultimate Group Buy?

Having Kontakt 3.5 or higher and an activated Infinite Player inside it is all you need to be useable with the Ultimate Studio Drums bundle of this group buy.

I suggest giving Allen a call today and he can walk you through every step just to be sure you're starting from the right place. It should actually work quite easily as long as your initial set up is correct and you have complete downloads. You may also need the latest "Infinite Library Installer" if you don't have it. You can get that from the download section of www.sonicreality.com (you do need to create a login for that site to access the downloads). The best is to talk to Allen. 954 846 9447 or allen (at) esoundz (dot) com.
Thanks so much Squids.
I will check that all out & then call Allen if I can't figure it out.

Kim (drumrgal)
:D
Roland TD12
MAC OS 10.6 4 GB /2.4 GHz Intel/ Core 2 Duo
LogicExpress 9/Apogee Duet
SD2, BFD2, AD, OWD Silver & Drum Masters: NDV Premr Kit

We're going to do a final "sweep" at the end of patch updates. But if you wanted the ones done so far there's no harm in grabbing these zips, drag and drop them onto your Infinite Installer and they will replace the previous patches automatically.

There are tweaks to OWD kit 1, Kit 8, Kit 10, Kit 13 - I have to get the exact list but it was the kick output setting on Kit 1, Kit 8 had a weird tom order thing and Kit 10 and 13 - I think it had to do with the slots. The actual specifics changed will be detailed in the "official" patch update at the end. This is just for the anxious.

Also, we may have discovered what was causing the weird dates thing. It doesn't affect anything though but it may have had to do with the use of a different program to zip with and the date was read wrong by our installer. So, these new replacements patches were done with the other program we use for zips and should have the correct dates now after replacing. Let me know! I'm curious. That 1700's vintage patch thing was bizarre. Harmless but still unusual.

Here you go:

All OWD instruments & multis:
http://www.sonicreality.com/tmp/Ultimat ... 010710.zip

Also, some cymbals weren't assigned to slots on the Jazz kit for V-Drummers so here's an update of that.

Jazz kit instruments & multis:
http://www.sonicreality.com/tmp/DM2_Lud ... Tm_Kit.zip

Again, you don't HAVE to update these patches or worry about missing them. We will do one final update sweep that contains all of these tweaks so you don't have to keep track. This is just to try to be helpful sooner. ;)

(just patches obviously, no samples)

drumrgal wrote:
Squids wrote:
drumrgal wrote:
My Questions:

Kim (aka: Drumrgal from V-Drums Forum)
Since I already own Kontact 3.5 (full version I believe), do I need to download a different version that's made 'just for this Group Buy' or can I use what I already own & if so, what do I need to do?( I've read you need the newest version, you can use the version you already have etc...?

You're fine to use the version of Kontakt you have. 3.5 or higher is okay (Kontakt version 2 is what we were saying would not work).

I tried to use the group buy Jazz kit (as I already own Infinite Player) in the Kontact version I already have but it wouldn't load. The files are there but grayed out.

The original Infinite Player Installer used to install Kontakt 2 Player so be sure you're not trying to load that Jazz kit with Kontakt Player 2! It won't work there. NI's Kontakt Player 2, 3.5 and 4 can actually all be installed on one's computer at the same time (they don't overwrite each other). So first be sure of that. If that's not the issue then let us know. Have you checked to make sure you downloaded the entire zip as well?

What are the steps I need to take as a person already owning these versions of Kontakt & Infinite Player? Is there a patch for Kontakt 3.5 to make it useable with the Ultimate Group Buy?

Having Kontakt 3.5 or higher and an activated Infinite Player inside it is all you need to be useable with the Ultimate Studio Drums bundle of this group buy.

I suggest giving Allen a call today and he can walk you through every step just to be sure you're starting from the right place. It should actually work quite easily as long as your initial set up is correct and you have complete downloads. You may also need the latest "Infinite Library Installer" if you don't have it. You can get that from the download section of www.sonicreality.com (you do need to create a login for that site to access the downloads). The best is to talk to Allen. 954 846 9447 or allen (at) esoundz (dot) com.
Thanks so much Squids.
I will check that all out & then call Allen if I can't figure it out.

Kim (drumrgal)
:D
You should contact Allen Kim. But I told him and he's going to contact you (now THAT is support! haha).

You don't need Kontakt 4. Your Kontakt full 3.5 is fine. You do need to be sure you've authorized your first Infinite Player and for anyone like yourself who previously owned Ocean Way Drums AND Infinite Player you should see BOTH of those graphcis on the left side of your Kontakt 3.5 window. Do you?

If you do, then do either of them say "activate" in the top left corner of that rectanglular image? Like this: Image

Notice it says "activate" on the OWD one? Do either of yours say that? If so then it needs to be activated with the serial. For help with that you can talk to Allen.

If you HAVE activated both already and you're just getting a graphic problem then all you have to do is open your Infinite Player folder and take out the two files called

Studio ProFiles Infinite Player_info.nkx

and

Studio ProFiles Infinite Player_info.nkc

Those two were incomplete files we got from NI by mistake. They've since corrected it and if you download any of the OWD Kits in this group buy and drag and drop them onto the INFINITE LIBRARY INSTALLER (not the OWD installer in this case - important) then it will replace the above two image files (that's what they are - for the graphics) automatically.

So if none of the above is the problem then what I suggest is that you describe exactly what the problem is either directly to Allen who will troubleshoot and walk you through it OR from the community support thread here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 19#3928919

I know it can get confusing because there are a lot of people with different questions. But, once it gets ironed out you'll find it to be quite easy. As long as you are doing the right steps. ALL sounds from this Group Buy - whether thy are OWD kits or Drum Masters work with the Infinite Player and Infinite Installer.

Hope that helps!

Squids wrote:There are tweaks to OWD kit 1, Kit 8, Kit 10, Kit 13 - I have to get the exact list but it was the kick output setting on Kit 1, Kit 8 had a weird tom order thing and Kit 10 and 13 - I think it had to do with the slots. The actual specifics changed will be detailed in the "official" patch update at the end.
Are you planning to make those volume adjustments to the Snare Rim Shots and Ghost Snares which I mentioned in a previous post?
Somewhere in the background zedd

Ok Thank's to you guy's All is fine now it work very well, of course Squids is a big part...

Now for phase 2 are the MT Kit also drop into the infinite Library Installer or into EZPro???

I'm very much new to VST :) :D

Dansy wrote:Now for phase 2 are the MT Kit also drop into the infinite Library Installer or into EZPro???

I'm very much new to VST :) :D
Drop the MT kits into the IP installer. Drop all the kits into the IP installer.

EZPlayer Pro is for MIDI files only.

Thank you...that is what I taught.

Dansy wrote:Thank you...that is what I taught.
We'll get you through this. :D

Dansy wrote:Thank you...that is what I taught.
I tawt I taw a putty cat!

A squid! A squid! :o

I did taw a squid! :-o
Somewhere in the background zedd

Project wrote:The owd 10 kits don't have the open hi hat closed by playing one of the closed hats.
The Signature Ludwg Jazz Kit does not found his graphics file, even after the last info file update.
BTW, thanks for this wonderful group buy!!!
This should fix both. Let me know if it doesn't. Things got thrown off with that faulty NI file... haunting little info file!

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”