Drum Masters & OWD Community Support Thread

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Extras will not always be assigned. C# Open hat being one of them. Optional but of course if you want it you can click on "Extra" and it is there. The extras that are always there are the Tom extras (important), Closed Hat Extra on the G and the Kick extras on the G and A. All other extras depend on the kit and iMAP midi files don't make use of them.

The Jazz Kit reference to the graphic was fixed but apparently the one on line perhaps wasn't updated? Or you have the previous one and need to download it again. Either way we'll look into it.

Chicago kit's graphic is supposed to be that silver sparkle.

Mapex Blastick kit not making sound? Hmmm. Something doesn't sound right there.

All ghost note and sidestick relative levels for Drum Masters 2 have been looked at and tweaked for the latest Global Patch Update. I am not sure about OWD kits. I think they are going to remain as they are so any adjustments to your tastes will have to be done on your own there.

It seems that the NDV Mapx Blstx Snare rolls on F#1 and G#1 are very,very dry, while the rest of this fantastic kit has a great room sound.
How do I get the room on the rolls ? Or is this a problem that needs a patch ?

Just by way of thanks to Squids: this group buy was by far the best drum purchase , hardware or software, I have ever made. I tried for years to get other software and drum machines to sound this good, but they never came close to the realism and character of these sounds. Thanks again !

Thanks for the explanation, Squids! I figured as much with regards to the extra hi-hat assignment. I'm not sure that it is a good idea, however, to exclude any of the kit pieces in an iMap standard, since if a user creates a drum track that incorporates that extra hi-hat, for example, and then switches kits, no sound will be made by that one note on a kit where it is omitted. It is almost better to just duplicate a note already used in the kit, so there are no blank spots, in my opinion.

I say this as a user who is just now getting into the habit of playing hi-hat tracks with both hands and using those extra kit pieces (especially the bell hat, when available).
Squids wrote:The Jazz Kit reference to the graphic was fixed but apparently the one on line perhaps wasn't updated? Or you have the previous one and need to download it again. Either way we'll look into it.

I did download and install the Drum Master 2 Global Patch Update around the time you released it several weeks ago. If the file was further updated and replaced, then maybe I am behind.
Squids wrote:Mapex Blastick kit not making sound? Hmmm. Something doesn't sound right there.

That is the only real issue that I will look forward to having fixed. The Mapex Blastick Kit was working before I installed the Global Patch update, because I had actually taken some notes on a round robin detail I wanted to bring to your attention, but now the kit is silent.

It takes time to load, as with all the kits, and visually behaves as you would expect (receiving MIDI and with the instrument LED displays responding) but no sound is emitted.
Squids wrote:Chicago kit's graphic is supposed to be that silver sparkle.

I'm not sure that what I have is the silver sparkle you are referring to. On my end it looks just like black and white, pixilated, TV noise. It's not a very good look. But it doesn't matter to me... I just thought you'd want to know in case that doesn't seem right.

I figured out, yesterday, that I have a few more snare favorites. Adjusting the decay envelope on a few of the snares got me right into the ballpark I like for '60s and '70s style music. Nice. I saved all my modified snares to the same folder, so that I can now quickly audition each of my favorite snares in any kit by simply using the arrow buttons. :-)
Somewhere in the background zedd

Thanks for the image Dark Star! :-)
DarkStar wrote:Chicago Pixellated Silver Sparkle here:

Yep! That's what I'm seeing.

Silver sparkle, huh? Well... here's a photograph of an actual silver sparkled drum... http://www.drumza.com/images/LudwigCent ... e65X13.jpg

And it's pretty much the same. So I suppose this is about as close as you can get, in this context, unless you used a non-tiled image with light reflecting in the curvature. Probably not worth any further effort, when there are more instruments to sample!

zedd wrote:
Squids wrote:
tropicalontour wrote:Looked in my members area for the squidimidi files and the global update 2, but the cupboard was bare. Am I just too early, or looking in the wrong place (like should I be looking on the Sonic Reality site or downloadablesoundz)?
Tuesday now. We're doing a final run through with V-Drums on Monday. Found some things when we did the John Blackwell midi sessions. Should be good to go on Tuesday.
I spent several hours this morning going through the GB drumkits and I took note of the following issues. Hopefully these can all be addressed in the upcoming global update:

DM2 CHICAGO STm Kit
--Ghost Snare same level as regular snares (Bb1)
--Missing Snare Edge Extra (D1)
--Missing Hi-hat Open Extra (C#1)
--black and white Instrument background the looks like TV noise. Is that the way it is suppose to look?

DM2 JB SESSION STm Kit
Level problems with snare and hi-hat articulations in IMAP

DM2 NDV MAPX BLSTK STm Kit
Kits make no sound (whole kit is silent in all IMAP, GM and VDRM versions)

DM2 NDV PREM MED STm Kit IMAP
has all Prem Amb kit pieces (i.e. no Med kit pieces)

LUDWG JAZZ STm Kit
missing alternate snares (center and edge)
also missing the .tga image file

Several DM2 kits were also missing the C#1 hi-hat open special/extra in the IMAP kits. Not sure whether this was intentional or not. Chicago Kit and Doctor Nirvana are a couple of examples.

Also a bunch of OWD kits with rimshots that are too loud, and DM2 kits with ghost snares which are the same volume as other snares. I modified these manually for myself, but you might want to fix some of them in the patch update for everyone.

Hope that helps. :-)
You may want to try re-downloading the DM2 NDV MAPX BLSTK STm Kit, mine works great!!

jarrydee wrote:You may want to try re-downloading the DM2 NDV MAPX BLSTK STm Kit, mine works great!!
Yeah... I had it working before the global patch update. Maybe I will just delete the folders and reinstall the original ZIP for that kit.

I also have the MT version of this one, and it is a nice kit to be sure.

Just to let everyone know, the OddGrooves we got with this Gb can also be downloaded for free at OddGrooves web site

Okay, we decided to get you all the bonus midi now (and added in some more for you - there's over 170 imap midi files for you, most of them done by your pal Squids). It's in your esoundz user area if you bought the Ultimate Studio Drums Bundle/Group Buy.

The special announcement about "the Sequel" will be tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest as will the Global Patch Update. There IS a small chance we'll have the hi hat feature updated so we're debating just doing it all in one update if we can but we don't want it to go too long before we wrap that up... especially since there's this juicy Sequel that is next and we have to make room for that!

Enjoy the midi files. We were originally thinking 50 so... hopefully well over three times that makes it all worth the wait (not to mention you got the bonus Odd Grooves too! All in all a pretty good deal if you ask me!!!! Haha).

zedd wrote:Thanks for the image Dark Star! :-)
DarkStar wrote:Chicago Pixellated Silver Sparkle here:

Yep! That's what I'm seeing.
Funny thing is...I actually LIKE how this looks :shrug: :D

blueman wrote:Funny thing is...I actually LIKE how this looks :shrug: :D
I like it better now that I've seen the Silver Sparkle drums it is representing. :-)

Yeah, I agree on the hi hats and will put the extra in so there are no empties. I suppose it is ideally better to have it than not. There are some reasons not to though but rather than get into that I'll just say we're going to make sure that extra is there for the next Global Patch Update.

It is possible the Mapex Blasticks STm kit has an issue in the last Global Patch Update but if so that is already working fine in the next Global Patch Update. I will look into the rolls being drier as well but that may just be how it sounds.

One thing that will have empties depending on the kit are the top 3 Tom slots. Those will vary. We COULD fill them all always but I don't like taking a 2 tom Ringo-style kit and going to 6 toms with it. We stick with each kit having a minimum of 3 toms at least (even if it is a 2 tom set with an extra tom pitched up or down). Although maybe we'll do it where iMap has either 3 toms or 6 toms and nothing in between... That might make the most sense. GM on the other hand always has 6 toms or 3 toms over 6 keys.

Hi, I'm new to this and need your help. I'm planning to buy the full Kontakt later, when I have the money for it. But this won't be until a month from now. So I will have to use the free Kontakt player for now. My question is, when I have the full Kontakt and am ready to install it, will I need to uninstall everything first (free Kontakt Player, Infinite Player, all the many gigabytes of kits) then redo everything from scratch (this time installing the full Kontakt)? :o Considering how loooong it takes to load the kits, I hope I won't have to do that. I hope I can just install full Kontakt without having to uninstall the others and start over again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

mtl777 wrote:Hi, I'm new to this and need your help. I'm planning to buy the full Kontakt later, when I have the money for it. But this won't be until a month from now. So I will have to use the free Kontakt player for now. My question is, when I have the full Kontakt and am ready to install it, will I need to uninstall everything first (free Kontakt Player, Infinite Player, all the many gigabytes of kits) then redo everything from scratch (this time installing the full Kontakt)? :o Considering how loooong it takes to load the kits, I hope I won't have to do that. I hope I can just install full Kontakt without having to uninstall the others and start over again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)
No worries. You can just install the full version of Kontakt, select your Infinite Player folder as one of your sample library locations, and then just load all your IP kits in the full version the same way as you would in the Player. You don't have to uninstall or move anything... and you can still go back to using the Player if you want to. If you used the Player in your song projects, it will still load the instruments in the Player when you open that song project.

Is that "final update patch" in my download area the new one? I just ask because i know I had an update patch in there from a while back so I should have 2, unless this new one replaced the old one..Is that what happened, the new one replaced the old one? Thanks!!!

zedd wrote: No worries. You can just install the full version of Kontakt, select your Infinite Player folder as one of your sample library locations, and then just load all your IP kits in the full version the same way as you would in the Player. You don't have to uninstall or move anything... and you can still go back to using the Player if you want to. If you used the Player in your song projects, it will still load the instruments in the Player when you open that song project.
So the free Player and full Kontakt can coexist nicely. And I don't have to uninstall anything. That's really good to know! Thanks! :tu:

Oh BTW, what's the global patch update for? Is that just for people who downloaded early and got incomplete files in their zips? I started downloading on January 9. Did any zips still have a problem then? If the file sizes of my downloads match exactly with the file sizes currently shown on my esoundz member page, is that a reliable indication that my downloads are problem-free and I don't need to do the global patch update?

Thanks again! :)

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”