Drum Masters & OWD Community Support Thread

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BLSheep04 wrote:Am I missing something?

I DL'ed Kontakt Player 4 from NI, and the custom skins from my soundz area, but I can't find either the redeem code nor the Infinite player in my DL area...

Please help,

Jon
What do you see when you go here:
https://www.esoundz.com/myaccount/downloads.php ?

you should see:

"Here are your product serials:"

and

"Here are your Group Buy pages:"

Do you see those? If not, you should write allen (at) esoundz (dot) com

This is what showed up so far in my under my studio drums group buy downloads.
Downloading infinite player now but aren't there supposed to be more kits like from the masters or just not all kits have been posted yet?

OWD Kit 2 Medium

150 Bonus Midi Grooves from ODD GROOVES
Midi / iMap
Deluxe Acoustic Piano for Infinite Player
Infinite Player
OWD Kit 4 ambient
OWD Kit 4 dry

OWD Kit 5 medium

OWD Kit 6 ambient

OWD Kit 8 dry
OWD Kit 9 Dry

OWD Kit 10 Ambient

OWD Kit 10 Dry

OWD Kit 12 Dry
OWD Kit 13 Medium

[ OWD Kit 10 Med

That is the list for Phase 1 (you should have OWD Kit 1 Dry too)

Phases 2 and 3 will follow shortly.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5&start=22
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:That is the list for Phase 1 (you should have OWD Kit 1 Dry too)

Phases 2 and 3 will follow shortly.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5&start=22
Parfect. Thanks very much.

zedd wrote:
Squids wrote:Remember that we will do a final patch update with anything that is found in the next 2 days to be an issue affecting everyone. So far there have been only minor graphics and settings issues as I just mentioned. No bugs reported.
Is this the place where "bugs" should be reported?

I have noticed some issues with levels in some of the kits. The Snare Rim Shots (D#2, D#0), for example, are much louder than the regular Snare Centre and Snare Edge in some of the kits. Since I have the full version of Kontakt it is fairly easy for me to make a level adjustment, but for most users who don't have full Kontakt editability you will probably want to update these snares.

Also, in several kits the Snare Ghost is the same volume as the Snare Centre and Snare Edge. I recommend having someone open each of the kits and fine-tuning some of the levels, since I didn't take notes on which kits need these changes.

I love what I am hearing though! And I am expecting to love the Drum Masters material even more!

Hi there,

I used the demo download of OWD Kit Number 10 before the GB.

I find the snarerolls behave different than in that OWD Player DEMO Kit. I know, the scripting has been enhanced for the GB version. I probably like it better the "old" way , though that might be a matter of personal preference. One Roll is short one is longer now and they feel different.Or it was , that one choked the other, which would make sense. But one thing has to be changed for sure.

The Roll has to be choked, when a Single Snare-Hit is executed. It did so in the demo, but not anymore. That one sounds really odd.

Cheers
Marcello
doh!!

It's by design that way on purpose. There are two main things you'd do with a snare roll. One is a pick up before another hit (pressumably a snare hit). That's what some people call "choke" but actually it is just an envelope release setting that is short so when you let up the key it doesn't keep going.

The other purpose is to do a fluid left/right stick snare roll. When the LEFT key's envelope has a longer release (where the sound rings out still) if you play those two keys back and forth it "cheats" and makes it sound more like a fluid snare roll than ANYONE could possibly PLAY from the keyboard (try rolling you fingers!!!!!). So that's the design for those two purposes. The roll on the G# key is for what you're talking about. The roll on the F# key is for the second thing (playing F# and G# back and forth 1, 2 ,1 ,2). Try it!

But anyway, if you prefer it the other way that is an easy thing to change. You go into the snare instrument and to the envelope panel. You click "snare" at the bottom of that instrument so it is white. Then you click on Snare Roll 2 and adjust the Release setting until it is whaty you like. Save it back and you're all good. If you want to have it both ways then save it back with a different name.

Hello Squids/Support.

I've read this forum, re-read, gone over the tons of pages in the v-drums forum about the Ultimate Group Buy & well, I seem to be more confused than ever...sigh....I can't even get to playing one of the kits in the Group Buy as I am having much difficulty.

I already own OWD Silver, Kontakt 3.5, also already have one of the Drum Masters Kits (Drum Masters: NDV Multitrack Premr Drum Kit for the Infinite Player), & I have the Infinite Player & have MAC OSX Intel Version 10.6.2

I am reading conflicting forum posts or I have read so many posts that I cannot think properly. Another wards, I am a bit lost right now.

My Questions:

Since I already own Kontact 3.5 (full version I believe), do I need to download a different version that's made 'just for this Group Buy' or can I use what I already own & if so, what do I need to do?( I've read you need the newest version, you can use the version you already have etc...?

I tried to use the group buy Jazz kit (as I already own Infinite Player) in the Kontact version I already have but it wouldn't load. The files are there but grayed out.

What are the steps I need to take as a person already owning these versions of Kontakt & Infinite Player? Is there a patch for Kontakt 3.5 to make it useable with the Ultimate Group Buy?

As you can see, I have gotten myself very confused
Thanks,

Kim (aka: Drumrgal from V-Drums Forum)
Roland TD12
MAC OS 10.6 4 GB /2.4 GHz Intel/ Core 2 Duo
LogicExpress 9/Apogee Duet
SD2, BFD2, AD, OWD Silver & Drum Masters: NDV Premr Kit

Any chance of a quick run through on setting up the hihat for edrums? I don't see where we set CC info in the hat. I have a 2 zone yamaha hihat. The VDRUM mapping doesnt work straight away with this. I change the hat the custom mapping and can do learn for the hits, but dont see where/how I set the opening and closing. I am outputting CC4 from the drum module. Thanks.
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

drumrgal wrote:
My Questions:

Kim (aka: Drumrgal from V-Drums Forum)
Since I already own Kontact 3.5 (full version I believe), do I need to download a different version that's made 'just for this Group Buy' or can I use what I already own & if so, what do I need to do?( I've read you need the newest version, you can use the version you already have etc...?

You're fine to use the version of Kontakt you have. 3.5 or higher is okay (Kontakt version 2 is what we were saying would not work).

I tried to use the group buy Jazz kit (as I already own Infinite Player) in the Kontact version I already have but it wouldn't load. The files are there but grayed out.

The original Infinite Player Installer used to install Kontakt 2 Player so be sure you're not trying to load that Jazz kit with Kontakt Player 2! It won't work there. NI's Kontakt Player 2, 3.5 and 4 can actually all be installed on one's computer at the same time (they don't overwrite each other). So first be sure of that. If that's not the issue then let us know. Have you checked to make sure you downloaded the entire zip as well?

What are the steps I need to take as a person already owning these versions of Kontakt & Infinite Player? Is there a patch for Kontakt 3.5 to make it useable with the Ultimate Group Buy?

Having Kontakt 3.5 or higher and an activated Infinite Player inside it is all you need to be useable with the Ultimate Studio Drums bundle of this group buy.

I suggest giving Allen a call today and he can walk you through every step just to be sure you're starting from the right place. It should actually work quite easily as long as your initial set up is correct and you have complete downloads. You may also need the latest "Infinite Library Installer" if you don't have it. You can get that from the download section of www.sonicreality.com (you do need to create a login for that site to access the downloads). The best is to talk to Allen. 954 846 9447 or allen (at) esoundz (dot) com.

gmon72 wrote:Any chance of a quick run through on setting up the hihat for edrums? I don't see where we set CC info in the hat. I have a 2 zone yamaha hihat. The VDRUM mapping doesnt work straight away with this. I change the hat the custom mapping and can do learn for the hits, but dont see where/how I set the opening and closing. I am outputting CC4 from the drum module. Thanks.
You can try control clicking the "Release" knob of the envelope of the hi hat and setting it to CC4 and experimenting with that. Let me now if you find that to work. Otherwise you have to do a midi learn for the closed, foot and open and just trigger those as they are. As far as the foot cutting off the open in custom mode or not doing it - this is something I have to check. It may actually be the only actual bug so far. But that's not confirmed yet.

[Transferred from the Vital Info thread]
michael2 wrote:okay, so I downloaded infnite player and got my serial. also downloaded everything from phase 1 (Midi grooves, piano and OWD kits).

Just to be clear:
1. install and authorize infinite player
2. stick the infinite player installer somewhere on my computer (perhaps applications?)
3. load the kits and piano by dragging the individual zips onto the infinite player installer.

that it? where do i put the MIDI grooves?

can't believe I got all of the OWD files. my connection is so slow, that it took me an hour on average for each kit (and I have DSL). decided not to go the DVD route as I would rather spend the money on something fun, as opposed to a hunk of plastic that my kid will eventually destroy. :D
dblock wrote:Did you get a kit #3? I don't have a kit #3 on my bundle download links.
michael2 wrote:here's what I downloaded from esoundz:

Kit 2 Medium
150 Bonus Midi Grooves
Piano
Kit 4 ambient
Kit 4 dry
Kit 5 medium
Kit 6 ambient
Kit 8 dry
Kit 9 Dry
Kit 10 Ambient
Kit 10 Dry
Kit 10 Med
Kit 12 Dry
Kit 13 Medium
dblock wrote: Thanks for posting that. That matches mine exactly except when I try and download the 150 bonus grooves I get a directory not found thing at the top. I'm hoping it's just a temporary server issue.
.. you can put your MIDI grooves wherever you want, so that your host can get to them (if you want to load them directly into your host). When you get EZPlayer Pro you can "Add Path" to point EZPP at the MIDI files.
Last edited by DarkStar on Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inspired by ...

[Transferred from the Vital Info thread]
michael2 wrote:now I remember why I took Kontakt Player off my machine awhile back (clunky funky interface). not very intuitive, so here is the address for the manual (that I am about to read so that I can play with my drums)
http://www.native-instruments.com/filea ... nglish.pdf
I think that you also get that manual if you installed Kontakt 4 - in (I would think):
Start Menu > All Programs > Native Instruments > Kontakt 4 >Documentation
Last edited by DarkStar on Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inspired by ...

[Copied from the Big GB thread]
michael2 wrote:okay, I am having problems.

Loaded everything, and got the piano to work, but the drums are not playing at all. i looked and the .nki instruments are all in the native instruments/infinite player folder.

Kontact player is hooked up correctly as everything else is working with it (as in the kontact sounds I already had loaded and the infinite player's piano).

I tried to load some drums and it gave a message about merging multisamples. little confused, Kontacts manual doesn't talk about any of this stuff.

can anyone help me out? thanks a bunch.
Chester Desmond wrote:If I understand the message you are seeing:
A multi in Kontakt is a set of instruments..in this case the snare the kick the hat etc..each is its own separate instrument, all of which make up a 'multi'. These multis are made by Sonic Reality so you can load a whole kit at once instead of piece by piece.
When you load a multi it always asks if you want to merge it in. Just say yes and it will load.
It gives you the option in case you don't want to replace instruments you have loaded (say you had a violin and a guitar laoded and then you wanted to load a multi of a flute trio..you could do so by saying NO and the guitar and violin would remain loaded..
In the case of these OWD kits,because there are so many instruments\kit pieces in each multi, you will likely always want to say yes to this dialog..
michael2 wrote:thanks Chester. wasn't sure what that button was asking; part of me thought it was going to merge the original audio samples or something. that worked. any idea on where to put the 150 MIDI grooves?
Inspired by ...

Squids wrote:
gmon72 wrote:Any chance of a quick run through on setting up the hihat for edrums? I don't see where we set CC info in the hat. I have a 2 zone yamaha hihat. The VDRUM mapping doesnt work straight away with this. I change the hat the custom mapping and can do learn for the hits, but dont see where/how I set the opening and closing. I am outputting CC4 from the drum module. Thanks.
You can try control clicking the "Release" knob of the envelope of the hi hat and setting it to CC4 and experimenting with that. Let me now if you find that to work. Otherwise you have to do a midi learn for the closed, foot and open and just trigger those as they are. As far as the foot cutting off the open in custom mode or not doing it - this is something I have to check. It may actually be the only actual bug so far. But that's not confirmed yet.
Thanks I will try this tonight. Are there samples for 1/4 open, 1/2 open and 3/4 open?
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

[From the Big GB thread]
sockofgold wrote: The drums are kind of weak and floppy and low velocities, but full of baby-smashing godliness at high velocities.
hydemusic wrote:The same can be said for using real drums...they suck when slightly hit. You have to BASH the *hit out of drums to make them sound great. So many times in the studio drummers would lightly hit the kick..drove me crazy especially when the drummer asks "why do the drums sound wimpy?" :o If you listen to Bonzo and Moon, their drums sounded great mainly because they were great drummers and hit them HARD... Of course you wouldn't do that on a ballad :roll: but the point I think is to think like a drummer and hit them hard and consistently.
Rather than bash your e_drums or drum pads to smithereens or jiggle all your MIDI notes, tuck a Velocity Scaler in front of the drums:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=192282

http://asseca.com/wiki/MGUI/MdaPizmidi
Inspired by ...

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”