Drum Masters & OWD Community Support Thread

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BERFAB wrote:<snip>
But I DO still have the problem about the missing file at the beginning of the opening of the kits in IP:
BERFAB wrote: Now, once in the IP, the kits seem to play fine, however, there is one little niggling problem: the first time I open ANY of these kits, Kontakt can't find the first file (sample?). When I look manually, I can't find it either. But then if I hit "skip," it does and the rest of the file loads normally and plays just fine.

What am I missing,...? Does it have something to do with the 'skins' zip (which I haven't loaded yet)?

Sorry if this has been addressed, but I just noticed this and it appears to be happening with every OWD kit. And I just can't stand the thought of trying to read through the 200+ page thread-- :shock:

thanks guys.

-B
If the missing file name is OWD_GUI_OceanWayDrums-S.tga then its a graphic/skin file & you should do this
Squids above wrote:That is the graphic file. NI had sent us an incomplete graphic file by accident before my guy there went on vacation. To his credit he immediately fixed it the day he got back and sent it over to us (yesterday). So I've uploaded that file. Most people don't have the problem you're mentioning because the new graphic file has been added. But if there is a lingering "info.nkx" or "info.nkc" file from this weekend that has a creation date of December 8th as opposed to of yesterday's then this can happen. Easy fix.

There are many ways it will be automatically fixed as you download more kits but if you want to just do it yourself here you go:

Download this: http://www.sonicreality.com/squidscorner/Studio_Pr oFiles_Infinite_Player_info_nkx.zip

Unzip that and take those two files and replace the files of the same name in the root of your Infinite Player folder.
You have to replace both the .nkx & the .nkc files.

HTH
At esoundz: ducatibruce

Squids wrote:Remember that we will do a final patch update with anything that is found in the next 2 days to be an issue affecting everyone. So far there have been only minor graphics and settings issues as I just mentioned. No bugs reported.
Is this the place where "bugs" should be reported?

I have noticed some issues with levels in some of the kits. The Snare Rim Shots (D#2, D#0), for example, are much louder than the regular Snare Centre and Snare Edge in some of the kits. Since I have the full version of Kontakt it is fairly easy for me to make a level adjustment, but for most users who don't have full Kontakt editability you will probably want to update these snares.

Also, in several kits the Snare Ghost is the same volume as the Snare Centre and Snare Edge. I recommend having someone open each of the kits and fine-tuning some of the levels, since I didn't take notes on which kits need these changes.

I love what I am hearing though! And I am expecting to love the Drum Masters material even more!
Somewhere in the background zedd

When I open the kits (all the same) now in Kontakt they no longer have a bleu background (they were) they are now a offwhite/yellow??

Also I can only access them from the Files Tabs....except for the piano that one is showing in the Library?? any Idea of what I did wrong??

But they still sound outstanding :)

Dansy wrote:When I open the kits (all the same) now in Kontakt they no longer have a bleu background (they were) they are now a offwhite/yellow??

Also I can only access them from the Files Tabs....except for the piano that one is showing in the Library?? any Idea of what I did wrong??

But they still sound outstanding :)
I was having the same problem with the skins. Dave posted a link earlier that fixed everything. http://www.sonicreality.com/squidscorner/Studio_Pr oFiles_Infinite_Player_info_nkx.zip Don't load the zip in your installer, but instead replace the .nkc info and ,nkx info files in your IP folder.

If you used the installer, it doesn't appear that you did anything "wrong". Kontakt acts funky sometimes. That said, in the multis and instruments tabs, it usually only shows the last thing installed. Try clicking on the piano a few times and see if if the kits don't show up.

Good luck.

Steve
Windows 10, Reaper

Not sure if this is the best place at this point to ask, but was having a great time last night driving these from my roland td9sx. A few little things I noticed - should the ride cymbal have the same "note" driving it on all kits? There was no ride on certain kits as I stepped through the multis, and the associated notes seemed to change. I can certianly tweak, etc. Also, regarding videos - something about how to get the cymbals working optimally would be great (e.g., when I hit the bell of the ride, get the bell sample, hihat stuff, etc.). I'm going to play around more tonight.....(which is the best thread for "how to" questions, vs "this looks like a bug" question)

mrhudson wrote:Not sure if this is the best place at this point to ask, but was having a great time last night driving these from my roland td9sx. A few little things I noticed - should the ride cymbal have the same "note" driving it on all kits? There was no ride on certain kits as I stepped through the multis, and the associated notes seemed to change. I can certianly tweak, etc. Also, regarding videos - something about how to get the cymbals working optimally would be great (e.g., when I hit the bell of the ride, get the bell sample, hihat stuff, etc.). I'm going to play around more tonight.....(which is the best thread for "how to" questions, vs "this looks like a bug" question)
The ride center is on note 51 and the ride bell is on note 53 on all of the OWD V-drum kits released so far, as well as the Jazz kit. Since that's your kit's default kit setting and you'd know if you had missing files, you might want to make sure your module's not acting screwy. I've got an expanded TD-6V and everything matched up perfectly. I did do some custom mapping 'cos I've got extra chinas and splashes, but as far as the standard mapping, everything was cool.

Good luck.

Steve
Windows 10, Reaper

You can get the iMap Note Names files for Reaper 3 here:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=27602
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I took a closer look, and the cymbal issues I was having were confined to OWD10 and OWD12. All of the other kits work fine right out of the box without issue, so the Roland brain seems to be fine (most of the time). For Kit 10, it looks like the splash and crash are both looking for 52? And, in OWD10, the midi in wasn't set to omni mode, which is what was making the ride not sound. Flicking that to omni to match the others solved that. But, I couldn't get the crash going yet in OWD10. Only had a few minutes to play around over lunch, will play more tonight........

Are there any pointers for using a hihat on a roland td9sx with these? Having some trouble getting tight sounds from the hihat. I have a vague recollection reading, somewhere in the 200 or so pages, about a special fix or trick that someone from vdrums used? Am I imagining that? Thanks for the help!

regarding kit10amb and kit10med: for some reason these freeze in the infinite library installer about 1/3 of the way through installation. the kits show up on the hard drive but the installation is incomplete somehow. i'm downloading the two kits again and will try to reinstall; not sure if it's a glitch with the kits or the installer.

has anyone else had this problem?

bambam wrote:regarding kit10amb and kit10med: for some reason these freeze in the infinite library installer about 1/3 of the way through installation. the kits show up on the hard drive but the installation is incomplete somehow. i'm downloading the two kits again and will try to reinstall; not sure if it's a glitch with the kits or the installer.

No, they installed fine for me. Don't forget to check the size of the downloaded files (MB X 1024 = the size that appears next to the dowload links in your account).

dblock wrote:I need some help please. Sorry to sound dumb but I went to the "my account section" of esoundz and I'm not seeing any group buy code or anything. There is a link for downloading kontakt 3.5
Does that have the drums in it or what. I have kontakt 4. I'm confused.
Where can I find what to do from start to finish what I have to do to get the drums?
Thanks
What do you see when you go here: https://www.esoundz.com/myaccount/downloads.php ?

you should see:

Here are your product serials:

and

Here are your Group Buy pages:

Do you see those? If not, you should write allen (at) esoundz (dot) com
Last edited by Reverend Rhythm on Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrhudson wrote:...I took a closer look, and the cymbal issues I was having were confined to OWD10 and OWD12...For Kit 10, it looks like the splash and crash are both looking for 52?...I couldn't get the crash going yet in OWD10.

I'd suggest using the MIDI learn function on these kit pieces, and see if that solves the problems.
mrhudson wrote:...Are there any pointers for using a hihat on a roland td9sx with these? Having some trouble getting tight sounds from the hihat. I have a vague recollection reading, somewhere in the 200 or so pages, about a special fix or trick that someone from vdrums used? Am I imagining that? Thanks for the help!...
Is the hh tight enough when you click it on the fake keyboard? What's your hh set-up? I'm pretty hopeless with the newer kits. I'm using a VH-11 and the hats are plenty tight. The only hh fix I know of applies to a TD-12.

Did you download the hh update patches?

HTH

Steve
Windows 10, Reaper

dblock wrote:I need some help please. Sorry to sound dumb but I went to the "my account section" of esoundz and I'm not seeing any group buy code or anything. There is a link for downloading kontakt 3.5
Does that have the drums in it or what. I have kontakt 4. I'm confused.
Where can I find what to do from start to finish what I have to do to get the drums?
Thanks
The guide would be different depending on say... if you have Kontakt 4 or not. Since you do then this is what you need to do:

1. At the top of the member's area of esoundz there is a link to merge your account with DownloadableSoundz.com - this is necessary to do for the multiple choice parts of this group buy. Merging the accounts will allow you to use your same login info for both.

2. There should be a serial number/redeem code in the member's area of your esoundz account (under "my downloads"). If you click on that it will take you to http://www.downoadablesoundz.com/redeem.php where that code will be redeemed so you can select either the Infinite Player (which you NEED if you don't have it) or a Jazz Kit (for those that have the Infinite Player already, this is a nice alternative bonus).

Note: The Infinite Player is an expandable Sonic Reality library module within Kontakt (Kontakt Player 3.5 or 4 or the full version - works the same in any of those). By activating the Infinite Player through NI's service center using the second serial number for Infinite Player (which you'd see in your download area if you chose it) you will then be able to play Sonic Reality's Infinite Player format sounds (without them playing in demo mode)... that includes the sounds of this group buy and hundreds of gigabytes of other sounds you may expand with.

3. You'll first download the Infinite Player Installer and unzip it. Inside will be a Quick Start Guide which talks about how to load the sounds so make sure you follow that - particularly with regard to installing the sounds by keeping the zips of the kits still in zip format and dragging and dropping them onto the library installer.

4. The OWD Kits should be there in your esoundz member's area under My Downloads. If for any reason you don't see that OR if you need more help then please contact Support either by creating a support ticket on esoundz or just email support (at) esoundz (dot) com and you'll be all sorted.

More information is here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 27#3915627

I'll have to check with a keyboard - no, no hihat patch downloads. Hmm. Were the kits online for downloading adjusted for that already if I downloaded recently, or does everyone needs those patches?

standalone wrote:
bambam wrote:regarding kit10amb and kit10med: for some reason these freeze in the infinite library installer about 1/3 of the way through installation. the kits show up on the hard drive but the installation is incomplete somehow. i'm downloading the two kits again and will try to reinstall; not sure if it's a glitch with the kits or the installer.

No, they installed fine for me. Don't forget to check the size of the downloaded files (MB X 1024 = the size that appears next to the dowload links in your account).
thanks for the reply standalone, i did check those beforehand and they were accurate. i'll see what happens after i download them again and try to reinstall.

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”