Drum Masters & OWD Community Support Thread

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Squids
Sonic Reality Head Chef
8399 posts since 11 Mar, 2002 from Florida

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:13 am

There was a post about an issue with the kick drum in OWD Kit 1. We looked into that and here are a couple of clarifications.

The volume and pan from the script are the KNOBS on the panels. We will do a THOROUGH explanation of every panel in KVR first and then in a forthcoming manual as well as video tutorials. But for speed I'll just post explanations on KVR fresh out of the oven.

But the volume and pan SLIDERS were what was not working and the CAN by a tweak inside Kontakt that we've made. It is not a show stopping bug or anything... just a setting. But we fixed it and will upload a fix for Kit 1 to solve that.

Now another thing VERY important to know if you can't keep track of updates. Here's how we're going to do it. You have TWO options. If you're anxious and want a fix NOW then I'll post patches here and there (like that Kit 1, I'll replace the current 1 with that one in a minute and tell you). If you're following a thread like this and on the cutting edge of what's happening then sure you can benefit early. But here is the good news for EVERYONE in this group buy:

We will consolidate any issues (even minor things) and put them all into ONE EASY patch update that updates all the kits at once.

We'll do one of those at the end of the week and if anything else crops up after that we'll do another one after. There shouldn't be too many things but since this is custom made and brand new... okay maybe there are a few things (not all show stoppers so don't worry) that could be fixed. Even things like a cymbal not being assigned to a slot (like the Jazz kit had that). Not a show stopper because i will show you all how to just put it into the slot of your choice which is a 1 second thing. But we did intend to have it pre-assigned so of course we'll do that and things like that will be in the update too.

One key thing that we'll make sure does not happen is that the update patches will NOT have different names. That mistake was made on Kit 1 the other day and everyone is now being very careful not to do that.

Thanks to everyone who is experienced and is helping others. Much appreciated. If there's something you guys can't answer let me know and I will take a crack at it. I am busier today than yesterday because I have this little thing called a NAMM show I have deadlines on as well so I am splitting my time and WILL stay late again to help as well. I have more free time for the forum at night so... I will dig through things. But if any questions from the other thread that are general enough for everyone can be copied, pasted and answered here that will already be a help. Then, after we can make a consolidated FAQ with clear concise answers for people to reference.
http://www.sonicreality.com
http://www.esoundz.com
My album with guests Steve Hackett, Keith Emerson and more: http://www.davekerzner.com
Sonic Reality Progressive Rock Project: http://www.facebook.com/sonicelements

stephenpaulharper
KVRian
744 posts since 4 Jul, 2005 from Atlanta

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:25 am

Anyone else missing several .tga files? I've lost the skin for the Infinite Player as well. I've downloaded the skins zip to no effect.

Thanks.

Steve
Intel i7-2.80GHz Quad-8GB RAM-W7x64-RME HDSP 9632-SONAR X2 Producer

PointOfDeparture
KVRist
72 posts since 22 Feb, 2005

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:48 pm

In Windows, right-click the zip file, select Properties, then look at the Size (bytes).

Squids
Sonic Reality Head Chef
8399 posts since 11 Mar, 2002 from Florida

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:57 pm

When I load any of the OWD kits I get the following:

1 file(s) could not be found:

OWD_GUI_OceanWayDrums-S.tga

What file is this?

Thanks
That is the graphic file. NI had sent us an incomplete graphic file by accident before my guy there went on vacation. To his credit he immediately fixed it the day he got back and sent it over to us (yesterday). So I've uploaded that file. Most people don't have the problem you're mentioning because the new graphic file has been added. But if there is a lingering "info.nkx" or "info.nkc" file from this weekend that has a creation date of December 8th as opposed to of yesterday's then this can happen. Easy fix.

There are many ways it will be automatically fixed as you download more kits but if you want to just do it yourself here you go:

Download this: http://www.sonicreality.com/squidscorne ... fo_nkx.zip

Unzip that and take those two files and replace the files of the same name in the root of your Infinite Player folder.

Also, OWD Kit 13 was referencing the old file so we're updating that but here are the patches for that. THIS zip you don't unzip. Just drag and drop it onto your Infinite Library Installer and it will automatically update the patches:

http://www.sonicreality.com/squidscorner/OWD_kit_13.zip

These are just quick fixes for graphic files (just an aesthetic - nothing to do with functionality). A hiccup due to the mishap with the graphic file from NI. Stuff happens (G-rated version of the saying). It had a little domino effect there but the good news is that we're ALSO going to do ONE consolidated EASY patch update for everyone at the end (phase 4 I guess) that compiles all fixes. I want to point out though that most of them are VERY minor and not to worry. So for no actual "bugs" found, just some settings and referencing things that are easy to fix and upload.
http://www.sonicreality.com
http://www.esoundz.com
My album with guests Steve Hackett, Keith Emerson and more: http://www.davekerzner.com
Sonic Reality Progressive Rock Project: http://www.facebook.com/sonicelements

Squids
Sonic Reality Head Chef
8399 posts since 11 Mar, 2002 from Florida

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:00 pm

Also we have updated OWD Kit 1 with the kick fix. Not a show stopper but the regular volume and pan (script one was fine) is now working as the others are. You can redownload from this link and as of now (4pm on Tuesday) this is the latest OWD Kit 1:


http://www.sonicreality.com/squidscorner/OWD_kit_1.zip


Remember that we will do a final patch update with anything that is found in the next 2 days to be an issue affecting everyone. So far there have been only minor graphics and settings issues as I just mentioned. No bugs reported.
http://www.sonicreality.com
http://www.esoundz.com
My album with guests Steve Hackett, Keith Emerson and more: http://www.davekerzner.com
Sonic Reality Progressive Rock Project: http://www.facebook.com/sonicelements

Squids
Sonic Reality Head Chef
8399 posts since 11 Mar, 2002 from Florida

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:04 pm

algodon wrote:Anyone else missing several .tga files? I've lost the skin for the Infinite Player as well. I've downloaded the skins zip to no effect.

Thanks.

Steve
I think the issue was that people downloaded the zip with the right info.nkx but still had the OLD info.nkc in there. That confuses Kontakt because it is some sort of cache file. I actually just took my own NKC file and re-uploaded the skins again now. If someone completely takes OUT their current Studio ProFiles Infinite Player_info.nkx *****AND NKC****** and replaces them with the nkx and nkc of this zip (this one should be unzipped, not dragged and dropped) then skins should work fine. If any don't let me know and we'll see what's up.


http://www.sonicreality.com/squidscorne ... fo_nkx.zip


Kit 13 as I just posted did reference the old info so we've re-referenced it and updated that kit. If you already downloaded it you can just download the patches. This one you DO leave as a zip, drag and drop to the Infinite Library Installer. Basically, kits will always be that way - keep the zip intact and drag and drop it.

http://www.sonicreality.com/squidscorner/OWD_kit_13.zip
http://www.sonicreality.com
http://www.esoundz.com
My album with guests Steve Hackett, Keith Emerson and more: http://www.davekerzner.com
Sonic Reality Progressive Rock Project: http://www.facebook.com/sonicelements

DarkStar
KVRAF
9176 posts since 2 Sep, 2003 from Surrey, UK

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:45 pm

in the Marketplace thread, mrhudson wrote:I'm trying to decide where to install the kit libraries. If I put it on my computer's internal drive and later want to move it over to an external hard drive, is that easy to do with Infinite Player for these kits?
It is possible with "ordinary" Kontakt so I would think that it would be OK here too. (I cannot imagine that the path names in the kits are "absolute").

You could try it out:
-- rename your IP folder (or its parent)
-- start your host and load Kontakt or IP
-- open the [Option] window, remove the old folder, add the new one
-- load a few kits / instruments and try them out.

If all is OK, job done. If not, then change the folder name back to its original and change the folders in the Options window back.

One thing I'm not sure of: Later on, when you install another kit using the IP Library Installer, it may not fifnd the new folder and may prompt you to select it. Does anyone know about this?
DarkStar
Interesting, if true ...

DarkStar
KVRAF
9176 posts since 2 Sep, 2003 from Surrey, UK

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:52 pm

bambam wrote:
DarkStar wrote:@bambam,
Can you post a couple of specific examples - size on eSoundz page and size on your disk?
@DarkStar,
here are three, for example (they all vary similarly):

esoundz page: OWD Kit 10 Med 735685754 bytes
browser download window: OWD Kit 10 Med 702 MB

esoundz page: OWD Kit 13 Medium 664903215 bytes
browser download window: OWD Kit 13 Medium 634 MB

esoundz page: OWD Kit 12 Dry 648924035 bytes
browser download window: OWD Kit 12 Dry 619 MB
PointOfDeparture wrote:In Windows, right-click the zip file, select Properties, then look at the Size (bytes).
It's down to the conversion from bytes to MB:
735685754 bytes / 1024 / 1024 = 701.605 MB
664903125 bytes / 1024 / 1024 = 634.101 MB
DarkStar
Interesting, if true ...

Squids
Sonic Reality Head Chef
8399 posts since 11 Mar, 2002 from Florida

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:56 pm

You can just take the Infinite Player folder with all of the samples, instruments and multis inside and put it on your external hard drive. Then you have to go to the left side of Kontakt where it shows the library images and click "ADD LIBRARY" and then browse to it on your external hard drive. As long as you've activated it already then it should show up and you load from there. You can remove the previous library image there if it was browsing to your internal HD.

I'd do that before renaming the folder but I think you can also rename the outter folder anyway if you wanted to. It's just that when we reference it we say "Put this in the root of your Infinite Player folder" and if you renamed it "Goobledegook" then you might be wondering "Where do I put that?"
http://www.sonicreality.com
http://www.esoundz.com
My album with guests Steve Hackett, Keith Emerson and more: http://www.davekerzner.com
Sonic Reality Progressive Rock Project: http://www.facebook.com/sonicelements

DarkStar
KVRAF
9176 posts since 2 Sep, 2003 from Surrey, UK

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:57 pm

^ ^ ^
That's a better way to do it.



--------------------------------------
Community Support in the UK: :)

Image
DarkStar
Interesting, if true ...

Squids
Sonic Reality Head Chef
8399 posts since 11 Mar, 2002 from Florida

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:10 pm

Lol. You guys rock. Thanks for the help!
http://www.sonicreality.com
http://www.esoundz.com
My album with guests Steve Hackett, Keith Emerson and more: http://www.davekerzner.com
Sonic Reality Progressive Rock Project: http://www.facebook.com/sonicelements

ducatibruce
KVRist
54 posts since 2 Mar, 2008

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:49 pm

DarkStar wrote:
in the Marketplace thread, mrhudson wrote:I'm trying to decide where to install the kit libraries. If I put it on my computer's internal drive and later want to move it over to an external hard drive, is that easy to do with Infinite Player for these kits?
It is possible with "ordinary" Kontakt so I would think that it would be OK here too. (I cannot imagine that the path names in the kits are "absolute").

You could try it out:
-- rename your IP folder (or its parent)
-- start your host and load Kontakt or IP
-- open the [Option] window, remove the old folder, add the new one
-- load a few kits / instruments and try them out.

If all is OK, job done. If not, then change the folder name back to its original and change the folders in the Options window back.

One thing I'm not sure of: Later on, when you install another kit using the IP Library Installer, it may not fifnd the new folder and may prompt you to select it. Does anyone know about this?
Mine are in a non standard location - the latest installer (1.1) asks for the location for each kit update. WinXP.

edit to add: I'm using full Kontakt 4
At esoundz: ducatibruce

Reverend Rhythm
KVRAF
2841 posts since 21 Feb, 2003 from Woodstock, GA USA

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:38 pm

ducatibruce wrote:
DarkStar wrote:
in the Marketplace thread, mrhudson wrote:I'm trying to decide where to install the kit libraries. If I put it on my computer's internal drive and later want to move it over to an external hard drive, is that easy to do with Infinite Player for these kits?
It is possible with "ordinary" Kontakt so I would think that it would be OK here too. (I cannot imagine that the path names in the kits are "absolute").

You could try it out:
-- rename your IP folder (or its parent)
-- start your host and load Kontakt or IP
-- open the [Option] window, remove the old folder, add the new one
-- load a few kits / instruments and try them out.

If all is OK, job done. If not, then change the folder name back to its original and change the folders in the Options window back.

One thing I'm not sure of: Later on, when you install another kit using the IP Library Installer, it may not fifnd the new folder and may prompt you to select it. Does anyone know about this?
Mine are in a non standard location - the latest installer (1.1) asks for the location for each kit update. WinXP.

edit to add: I'm using full Kontakt 4
My Kontakt library is on a separate drive, and that includes DM1 and OWD. I can use Kontakt 2 and 3 and Kontakt Player can access OWD and DM. So you should have no problems putting these kits on a seperate drive.
esoundz name: ReverendRhythm

BERFAB
KVRAF
6104 posts since 25 Mar, 2004

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:20 pm

I had the same issue as bambam regarding the size of the downloads. I get that the download MB measure is different from the number of KBs, but then when I see the final file on my hard drive, the KBs are still less than what is on the Esoundz site.

Now, once in the IP, the kits seem to play fine, however, there is one little niggling problem: the first time I open ANY of these kits, Kontakt can't find the first file (sample?). When I look manually, I can't find it either. But then if I hit "skip," it does and the rest of the file loads normally and plays just fine.

What am I missing, and is that why the size of the downloads is smaller than it should be? Does it have something to do with the 'skins' zip (which I haven't loaded yet)?

Sorry if this has been addressed, but I just noticed this and it appears to be happening with every OWD kit. And I just can't stand the thought of trying to read through the 200+ page thread-- :shock:

thanks guys.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB
KVRAF
6104 posts since 25 Mar, 2004

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:24 pm

Whoops- I tried PointofDeparture's trick and looked again at the zips in the property window and they do, indeed, match up size-wise. Sorry about that.

But I DO still have the problem about the missing file at the beginning of the opening of the kits in IP:
BERFAB wrote: Now, once in the IP, the kits seem to play fine, however, there is one little niggling problem: the first time I open ANY of these kits, Kontakt can't find the first file (sample?). When I look manually, I can't find it either. But then if I hit "skip," it does and the rest of the file loads normally and plays just fine.

What am I missing,...? Does it have something to do with the 'skins' zip (which I haven't loaded yet)?

Sorry if this has been addressed, but I just noticed this and it appears to be happening with every OWD kit. And I just can't stand the thought of trying to read through the 200+ page thread-- :shock:

thanks guys.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”