GROUP BUY: Ocean Way & Drum Masters Ultimate Studio Drum Bundle!

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

>>>Read Ocean Way Drums Review @ Sound on Sound Here<<<

Price triers:
1-25 Joined $149.
26-50 Joined $139.
51-100 Joined $129. <----WE ARE HERE
101-150 Joined $119.
151-200 Joined $109.
201+ Joined $99 (Final Price)

What You Get When 200+ People Join!

Everything in the "Ultimate Studio Drums Group Buy" is downloadable exclusively from eSoundz.com This is a limited-time bundle that includes the following kits that are playable from Sonic Reality's latest Infinite Player plug-in powered by Kontakt 3.5:

• Sonic Reality's Infinite Player plug-in powered by Kontakt*
• 12 different Ocean Way® Drums DL mix kits from dry to medium to ambient
• 15 Drum Masters 2 Signature Drum Kits featuring drum kits of legendary drummers
• Ambient Impulse Responses from some of the best sounding studio rooms in the world to use with Infinite Player/Kontakt's convolution reverb
• Bonus Midi Grooves

* If you already own the Infinite Player you can get a brand new previously unreleased Drum Masters 2 Ludwig® Jazz Kit instead!

>>>Join here<<<

Feel free to refer me: lukianowicz
Last edited by bronxsound on Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soulata wrote:please remind me, is it possible to use points for GB? I'd say yeas because it's downloadable and no because it's a group buy, but I don't remember the rules exactly.
Nope. Can't use ePoints for the Group Buys unless the rules have changed.

Looks like bronxsound is the new ReverendRhythm. :-)
Somewhere in the background zedd

zedd wrote:
soulata wrote:please remind me, is it possible to use points for GB? I'd say yeas because it's downloadable and no because it's a group buy, but I don't remember the rules exactly.
Nope. Can't use ePoints for the Group Buys unless the rules have changed.

Looks like bronxsound is the new ReverendRhythm. :-)
You can't use epointz ON the group buy but you can EARN epointz when joining by using a referral name. Those $5 in "credit" on the site can be used for future purposes (that is $5 in credit for the referer and the referee) and each time someone else joins and refers you then you'll get $5 more in epointz and 10 times of that you'll have $50 of "sound spending money" which is pretty good reward just for spreading the word! Who else offers that? Not too many. Some people do REALLY well with it. We've seen some people rack up hundreds of dollars in epointz now that there is no limit anymore (there used to be a limit of $50 at a time but that has been lifted).

Hope that clarifies it!

By the way, you're REALLY close to the next price drop! Just TWO away from $129! I think this may be the first time we've reached the 2nd price drop in less than 2 days! A good sign we'll reach the lowest price on this. By the way, if we've grossly underestimated the amount of people that will join this group buy within a full month (we're close to 50 now and the lowest price is only at 200) then each hundred past that will include MORE goodies added. A nice plus for anyone on the fence and I'm sure the people who already joined will be happy to hear it could get even BETTER than they expected.

aplats wrote:Thanks for the responses guys. Yeah, I was curious mostly about quality as I know BFD and Superior can do different things. How about the round robin on OWD?
The quality is fantastic for a variety of reasons. In Ocean Way Drums you have one of the best mic collections in the world used by someone who is considered to be a guru on microphones, Allen Sides. He's written articles and a book about it... and also just in practice as he's mixed over 500 albums and won Grammys etc. Plus he does a lot of current stuff like Mary J. Blidge's last record and all sorts of stuff. He and Steven Miller (who engineered Dave Matthews Band, Switchfoot and many others) are so busy they are hard to keep track of. But those are the guys that recorded Ocean Way Drums at Ocean Way Recording in Studio B where some of the biggest artists in the world record... diverse too. From Eric Clapton to Kanye West to Red Hot Chili Peppers to Radiohead, Beck, Fiona Apple, Green Day, 50 Cent, Dido with Jon Brion (I was there when the did that session) and the list goes on and on. It is considered one of the best studios and has been around a long time - Sinatra and Ray Charles recorded in that same room. But it's such a great studio acoustically and equipment-wise (plus other reasons) that it is one of the few still around and doing well in the business. So that also says a lot right there.

But, again, that doesn't mean other products don't use great mics or great studios or great engineers too. That is why I hesitate to say anything is "better" than anything else. But, sonically OWD is a "fidelity" oriented product and because of the premium selection of mics and the ear of people like Sides and Miller... it at least is going to sound unique and to many people's ears a lot crisper, cleaner and punchier than most other drum libraries.

Now, with Drum Masters the goal was something else and that is CHARACTER. Again these too are going to be unique! They are unique to the sound of particular drum legends like Bonham, Collins, Ringo or the specific drummers we've worked with in the Drum Masters series (an on-going series that will also include the likes of Neil Peart, Terry Bozzio and Bill Cobham - all of which who have their own distinct sound). So, Drum Masters isn't about pristine fidelity and a marvel of audiophile engineering. It is about whatever is a part of a certain characteristic sound... sometimes a little grit is part of the sound like in the case of a Bonham-esque sound or a room that has the qualities of a stone or brick surface (Ocean Way's Studio B is huge and the surface is not stone so a totally different sound). Drum Masters is recorded in studios all over the world for a wide variety of different sounds.

So the two compliment each other well in your collection... but so does then having any of the other products from the other companies for the sounds they captured in yet even more studios around the world. If one DID pick just Sonic Reality then they'd find that over the next year we'll have more drum kits sampled than any one company most likely. We have so many kits in this series of pretty much every brand and custom kits from some of the best drummers in the world. So it is a good system to invest in (like I said, regardless of what else one might have) and it's only going to grow. When it does you'll already have the Infinite Player so additional kits (or grooves - which is another unique aspect of the Drum Masters line) is just a download away.

zedd wrote:Okay... I'm in. Number 42.
Squids wrote:But I will do my best to make it totally worth everyone's time - even some free stuff for everybody that hangs around the threads (in order to hear about the secret free stuff). We'll make it festive.
I have to admit that you do make these Group Buys fun. I enjoy following the threads and getting more and more information (and secret free stuff too).

I'm very pleased that you actually have audio samples on the Group Buy page. That was the most significant factor in my decision to join the Group Buy right off the bat. Being able to hear what we are getting is very persuasive, and should be your new standard.

It would be greatly appreciated it if the Mp3 demos of each drum kit could be made available with the purchase. It would be SO HELPFUL to have these Mp3 demos in a playlist of our iTunes library where we can listen until we hear the kit which we want to use and can then load exactly that kit and get going. These days I have so many drums and instruments in my collection that I no longer have much time to experiment and make my own audio demos of each kit and instrument. Reference Mp3s would really be a strong compliment to the set, even if the drum groove is exactly the same in each sample.

December is going to be such fun. Looking forward to this ride... :-)
Hey, great idea Zedd. We can do that. Mp3 demos on hand so you can decide which one to load by auditioning them first. We're actually doing that for the MASSIVE sound effects FX Tron series. It's a separate auditioning loading tool for that which you can drag and drop from. It'd work the same for drum kits with mp3 demos too... but even just having them in iTunes is good enough I agree.

We will also have more demos of the new kits so you can hear all of them. Right now you can hear ALL of the Ocean Way Drum kits you get in this Group Buy. Some of the new Drum Masters kits still need demos but those will be coming soon too! The more you all hear the more you're going to want this one before it is GONE. That is something I have to stress and it's not said to scare anyone. I have limited slack on this because it is with another company and I had to pull a major favor to do a group buy just this one time... not to mention get it for the Infinite Player so we could bundle it and make hybrid kits. A truly once in a lifetime thing. This is will not become a product you can buy later. At MOST we'll be able to carry it for a set amount of months after but even that I can't guarantee.

@squids: I really enjoyed watching promo videos of OWD. It also gave an idea what it does and how it works. So possibly adding few links to the vids on the "joining" page would help a few to make up their minds.

Feel free to visit this referral thread and choose one of the members that you can refer at esoundz check out:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=217796

Note that referrals work for ANY (download) purchase at esoundz (not only for Group Buys)

esoundz: MountainKing
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

Wow, what an amazing GB! Squids, could you say something about the MIDI grooves that come with this GB? Are they the same as the bonus grooves made available in a previous GB, or are they new? I'd definitely be interested in some details/specifics here. Thanks!

zedd wrote:Looks like bronxsound is the new ReverendRhythm. :-)
Yep! I've been replaced! :D

bronxsound wrote:@aplats

mate OWD is a different league comparing to BFD and SD.

just give demo a go.
+1. I sold all my BFD stuff after getting OWD and Drum Masters. There's really no comparison.

Steve
Windows 10, Reaper

50 on the counter :)

I'm in at #50 so the price just dropped to $129. MountainKing got the referral epointz. :)

My esoundz: miken
Regards, Mike

bronxsound wrote:50 on the counter :)
Wow! But then again, this is a sweet deal!

Any guess/hunch whether these would run on a brand new Muse Receptor?

mrhudson wrote:Any guess/hunch whether these would run on a brand new Muse Receptor?
I can't see why it wouldn't. Kontakt is Receptor friendly, isn't it?

But I'm sure Squids can say for sure.

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”