GROUP BUY: Ocean Way & Drum Masters Ultimate Studio Drum Bundle!

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

>>>Read Ocean Way Drums Review @ Sound on Sound Here<<<

Price triers:
1-25 Joined $149.
26-50 Joined $139. <----WE ARE HERE
51-100 Joined $129.
101-150 Joined $119.
151-200 Joined $109.
201+ Joined $99 (Final Price)

What You Get When 200+ People Join!

Everything in the "Ultimate Studio Drums Group Buy" is downloadable exclusively from eSoundz.com This is a limited-time bundle that includes the following kits that are playable from Sonic Reality's latest Infinite Player plug-in powered by Kontakt 3.5:

• Sonic Reality's Infinite Player plug-in powered by Kontakt*
• 12 different Ocean Way® Drums DL mix kits from dry to medium to ambient
• 15 Drum Masters 2 Signature Drum Kits featuring drum kits of legendary drummers
• Ambient Impulse Responses from some of the best sounding studio rooms in the world to use with Infinite Player/Kontakt's convolution reverb
• Bonus Midi Grooves

* If you already own the Infinite Player you can get a brand new previously unreleased Drum Masters 2 Ludwig® Jazz Kit instead!

>>>Join here<<<

Feel free to refer me: lukianowicz
Last edited by bronxsound on Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ZombyWoof wrote:Hey Dave,

Speaking of BFD and SD, is there any new info about OWD and DM/DM2 being offered in those formats (or others)?

Your abbreviatin' buddy,
zombywoof

P.S. Woof back atcha!
I am friends with Andreas at Toontrack but apart from the EZ Player thing we did we still haven't made any plans to do anything in SD yet. But you never know. I have no idea what the authoring is like to create one though.

We're also friends with the FXPansion guys and currently Neil Peart is the main kit that will be in BFD2 first. Then there will probably be some more Drum Masters and EpiK DrumS brought over to that format depending on how it goes. We had originally planned to do all of it but... it's a lot of work! So, we'll do as much as we can and if it is a hot seller it will self-support a special team just for that which would be idea. I'm also friends with John Emerick so he'd like to do some stuff with us too... budget will come from success of BFD sounds for SR though. Can't do everything!

But, our main format for drums is Kontakt and the Infinite Player now and moving forward. The Neil Peart kit will be in Infinite Player I think the same time as the BFD version now. We might even offer a free crossgrade for both for a limited time. We'll see.

aplats wrote:Hey, how do these compare to BFD and Superior? I heard that they do not do round robin? I thought I read that they do somewhere else though.
The Drum Masters 2 kits in this group buy (and possibly the OWD kits too - I will let you all know but it is VERY likely) all DO have round robin... in fact it is one of the most advanced round robin functions of any drum plug-in with a lot of control for the user (if desired). I will get into more details but early in this thread I pointed out the GUI where you can robin each articulation of a kit piece. I'll talk more and we'll have video demos very soon showing how powerful that is!

Regarding how they compare... well the BIGGEST difference is the sound content itself IS different. That's huge right there. Different samples of different studios, drums, players, mics, recording equipment with different engineers, drummers, sound developers... if you want the sound of Ocean Way or the sound of classic drummers from Drum Masters then this is the only place to get it (this and the product ranges they come from I mean).

Feature-wise, they ALL have some great features and there are trade-offs between all of them. One nice thing about Kontakt-based drum like this are higher resolution samples. These are 24bit/48k with NO data compression. Now, that may mean it takes up a little more power to run but at least there is no debatable "lossless" data compression to even worry about. I say debatable because some people say that's not audible but... to me I just say "you never know" and I prefer a pure source personally. I do happen to prefer 48k over 44.1 (all of the other popular drum plug-ins are 44.1) even though I do understand that some compromises can be made for the benefit of efficiency. But for crispness on the top end such as with cymbals... I like the extra range. You can even run the plug-in still at 44.1 but benefit from the resolution of the samples. Remember sample rate is the rate at which it has captured the samples so there are details there too besides just an increased frequency response. But, I am not saying anyone should buy something because it is 48k vs. 44.1 I have no problem using a 44.1 sample at all. It's just a preference for drum sounds and I like to sample at 48k and 96k.

Anyway, the beautiful thing about drum software and samples is that you don't have to use only one system. A lot of people buy several different ones - mainly because of the different sounds they offer but also for the features. You get some nice discrete control of each kit piece with Drum Masters and OWD including envelope control which you don't always get in other software. Plus another benefit is that you can get in there and manipulate it in the full Kontakt software if you ever wanted to and you can't do that with any of the dedicated drum software. As a sound designer I happen to like that feature personally. But again that may or may not matter to everyone. Some people like the look of a dedicated drum software package or the midi features or other dedicated drum stuff. I do too. So, like I said, it is a trade off... but no one said you couldn't get both! (except maybe your wives and husbands but... if you explain the extra benefits of finger drumming practice then... wait a sec I better be quiet!)

Sounds like an exciting plan, Dave. Looking forward to the ride. Thanks for the roadmap.

The question was by no means meant to short-change the Infinite Player, which has some nice Kontakt scripting, and I'm looking forward to the new extensions.

That'll keep me busy for quite some time.

-----------------------
eSoundz name: zombywoof

Thanks Woofy.

So, you guys already broke the barrier to the next discount level already and it hasn't even been 24 hours. WELL DONE! See what happens when everyone gets behind it? These things can't happen without you. But I will do my best to make it totally worth everyone's time - even some free stuff for everybody that hangs around the threads (in order to hear about the secret free stuff). We'll make it festive.

I'll also get into some deep explanations of what version 2 can do. It's really powerful and expressive.

$139 now! Going down down down...

Squids wrote: One nice thing about Kontakt-based drum like this are higher resolution samples. These are 24bit/48k with NO data compression. Now, that may mean it takes up a little more power to run but at least there is no debatable "lossless" data compression to even worry about. I say debatable because some people say that's not audible but... to me I just say "you never know" and I prefer a pure source personally.
Sounds like an exciting group buy.... just wondering which company are you referring to here? :wink:

hey guys
i love your drum stuff, and i think the people with sonar 8.5 who have used it love it too. i bought into the last GB, i got the NDV 3 MT kits on offer, plus the bonzo kit and the classic rock, i'm sure lots of other did too, so i'd like you to spell out what is different in this GB - i see it's all stereo but other than that, for those of use with 20gb of DM drums already...sell it to me!

Feel free to visit this referral thread and choose one of the members that you can refer at esoundz check out:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2177 96

Note that referrals work for ANY (download) purchase at esoundz (not only for Group Buys)

esoundz: MountainKing
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

grandaddy wrote:
Squids wrote: One nice thing about Kontakt-based drum like this are higher resolution samples. These are 24bit/48k with NO data compression. Now, that may mean it takes up a little more power to run but at least there is no debatable "lossless" data compression to even worry about. I say debatable because some people say that's not audible but... to me I just say "you never know" and I prefer a pure source personally.
Sounds like an exciting group buy.... just wondering which company are you referring to here? :wink:
No one specifically, just about data compression in general. I'm not a big fan of it except when it is really needed like in the limited ram/rom of a hardware instrument. But in software with hard drives as big as they are, streaming and RAM... I still get the benefits of the efficiency but I personally prefer the potential benefits of fidelity of both the higher sample rate and no data compression. But that's why we sample and develop that way. It's just a preference. It doesn't mean I'm saying that a lower sample rate or data compression is going to be bad. But given the choice of the two I go for what I said both in terms of what I would want to buy and what would want to develop.

But, keep in mind I develop sounds of all sample and bit rates. I just like 24 bit/48k with no data compression best for drums. I do like 96k too but for me personally I tend to use 48k because the benefits aren't large enough to warrant the power needed to run it... if I was mixing a 96k session though then it'd be a toss up for me.

mhaigh wrote:hey guys
i love your drum stuff, and i think the people with sonar 8.5 who have used it love it too. i bought into the last GB, i got the NDV 3 MT kits on offer, plus the bonzo kit and the classic rock, i'm sure lots of other did too, so i'd like you to spell out what is different in this GB - i see it's all stereo but other than that, for those of use with 20gb of DM drums already...sell it to me!
I did post a bit about that a few pages back. But when I get back from a band rehearsal later I'll sell it to you some more! ;)

It's a good compliment to anyone's set up even if they had all of Drum Masters and Ocean Way Drums because it has enough new content to warrant the price. But I'll talk more about that and you'll probably want it sooner or later. The thing is though is that this bundle will only be available for a limited time and then it will be gone forever. I had to get special permission to do a bundle of the two together. So I will go to great lengths to make sure everyone knows what the benefits are while it is on offer so they don't kick themselves (or me) later because they didn't realize what it had. I know that's my responsibility and I will do my best to show and explain as much as I can.

I think I've been pretty good so far though! Tabs on the product page, detailed posts... off to a good start with this one! Already hit the first price drop too.

Okay, be back later! Time to play some Sonic Reality sounds in my Nord Wave over some loud music. :D

I've listen to the OWD demos and ...WOW!

Sure sounds like a good deal. 8)
Last edited by D.Wako on Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
What ever!

Thanks for the responses guys. Yeah, I was curious mostly about quality as I know BFD and Superior can do different things. How about the round robin on OWD?

Okay... I'm in. Number 42.
Squids wrote:But I will do my best to make it totally worth everyone's time - even some free stuff for everybody that hangs around the threads (in order to hear about the secret free stuff). We'll make it festive.
I have to admit that you do make these Group Buys fun. I enjoy following the threads and getting more and more information (and secret free stuff too).

I'm very pleased that you actually have audio samples on the Group Buy page. That was the most significant factor in my decision to join the Group Buy right off the bat. Being able to hear what we are getting is very persuasive, and should be your new standard.

It would be greatly appreciated it if the Mp3 demos of each drum kit could be made available with the purchase. It would be SO HELPFUL to have these Mp3 demos in a playlist of our iTunes library where we can listen until we hear the kit which we want to use and can then load exactly that kit and get going. These days I have so many drums and instruments in my collection that I no longer have much time to experiment and make my own audio demos of each kit and instrument. Reference Mp3s would really be a strong compliment to the set, even if the drum groove is exactly the same in each sample.

December is going to be such fun. Looking forward to this ride... :-)
Somewhere in the background zedd

Tempting, as always.

please remind me, is it possible to use points for GB? I'd say yeas because it's downloadable and no because it's a group buy, but I don't remember the rules exactly.

k

44 now, 6 to the next price level.

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”