GROUP BUY: Ocean Way & Drum Masters Ultimate Studio Drum Bundle!

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We also updated all of the IMAP hi hats in the whole group buy bundle so they have the same choke feature that was enhanced during the event. It's a little easier now to choke that hat for most people... even me and I thought I preferred the old way but... I'm converted to liking it more "automatic" the way it is now - choking on every type of closed sound. The only sacrifice is when the "choke" articulation itself isn't a FAST one. From now on we're going to make that only a fast because that's the best. Just in the past they do vary a bit. But you can always swap out a hat that has a faster choke there if you need. That's what I do.

By the way, Zedd, the reason your Jazz Kit wasn't update in the Global Patch Update is because there wasn't an update for it there. It's not a Global kit remember? It's only for those that chose it instead of the Infinite Player (or for those who choose the DVD option). In any case, we did some major updates to that one too which are coming today. A lot of improvements in this final run of patches. Small things that most people probably won't notice but there will be plenty of people that will appreciate the improvement on dynamics and tweaks on alts etc. The Mapex Blasticks kit needed a major look and it's a lot better now. Tweaky kit that one... I'm afraid the rolls ARE a bit drier sounding for whatever reason and there isn't much that can be done about that apart from using a convolution impulse to try to mask it or just live with it (I personally can live with it - not that bad for me). But this kit does sound FANTASTIC and is fun to play so... sometimes you gotta live with the idiosyncracies. Like the Jazz kit. One the one hand you COULD say that kit slightly sucks. On the other hand you can say that it has some vintage MAGIC to it. It is all in how you play it... and I suppose you could say the same thing about the drums themselves sometimes. You could sit in front of an old vintage kit and think "this thing is a piece of garbage" and then some great drummer sits in front of it and you think it is the coolest thing ever. I've been there. So, the best judge is in musical contex and "played" where it may have strengths in character. Not everything is a "Pristine Perfect" kit in Drum Masters. But this also gives you the depth of character and charm that would otherwise be missing if everything was all modern and perfect sounding.

Squids wrote:A lot of improvements in this final run of patches. Small things that most people probably won't notice but there will be plenty of people that will appreciate the improvement on dynamics and tweaks on alts etc.
Looking forward to the update, and trying out the new hat subtleties, etc. :-)

Just out of curiosity, what is going to happen to kit pieces which I modified and saved to a different folder? I did a fair few custom snares and hi-hats. If the scripting and other changes you have made apply to the instruments directly, then I imagine that all of my custom kit pieces will remain unchanged and would have to be rebuilt if I want to incorporate any improvements from the source instruments.

Is that an accurate assumption? Not a big deal, either way.

Too bad Kontakt doesn't have an FX "Lock" like SampleTank, where we could load a kit piece with custom EQ, compression, convolution, etc., and then lock in the effects so that they will apply to any other kit piece we load into that slot. That would make for easy updating of custom pieces, and easy creation of new instruments variations. Maybe Kontakt can do this... but I don't know how.

Also looking forward to the announcement of the next Group Buy... I'm eager to have the STm signature snares from the last Group Buy in MT format... and more!
Somewhere in the background zedd

The patch update would not affect your own saved tweaks as long as they are renamed differently and put in different folders. The patch update only swaps out same names in original folder structures as installed.

By the way, there isn't the cool SampleTank "lock" feature BUT you CAN do your effects in the output mixer, then delete out all of the instruments and load the new multi and click "no" which will MERGE it into your mixer's output settings. This way the effects you do CAN be applied to multiple kits. All STm kits use the same output template so... easy enough to do!

zedd wrote:
Jus11 wrote:Currently I'm thinking about opening another instance of Kontakt on a different PT track, copying the (snare) midi on that track, opening the snare I want in this new instance of Kontakt, and routing it out to another set of tracks in PT... Is this the easiest way?
Gosh no! Just delete the snare drum instrument in the kit that you loaded, and load another snare instrument. As long as it has the same MIDI channel it will take the place of the previous snare (whether it is MT or STm). If you save a bunch of your favorite snare sounds to a particular folder, you can load one of them as I just described and then use the arrow keys at the top of the kit piece GUI to automatically audition each of the other snares in your folder.

Kontakt seems a little complicated when you first start out, but once you get the hang of things it will start to seem pretty simple. :-)
Thanks, Zedd. However, the problem is with output routing. Input midi channel is the same and thus ok. The midi files play every snare I load. But the output routings between STm kits, multitrack kits and OWD multikits differ significantly. How do you cope with these changes?

I mean a situation when you have Kontakt mixer channel outputs as inputs to different tracks in Pro Tools. For example, snare main outs with multitrack snares are the top and the bottom; with STm snares, there's only one. There's also such problems with room outputs etc.

(I could explain this in a more detailed way by referring to the named output channels in Infinite Player Drum Masters STm / IP DM multirack / OWD Silver, yet at the moment I'm not on that computer... sorry)

Jus11 wrote:Thanks, Zedd. However, the problem is with output routing. Input midi channel is the same and thus ok. The midi files play every snare I load. But the output routings between STm kits, multitrack kits and OWD multikits differ significantly. How do you cope with these changes?
Sorry Jus. I haven't actually gotten around to fiddling with output routing, so that question is going to be better answered by Squids or someone who has actually tackled this.

I would hope that it is less complicated than you are thinking. I will pay attention to the responses and see if I can get a handle on it myself for future reference. :-)
Somewhere in the background zedd

Okay, the Global Patch Update #2 is in your user area of eSoundz now if you bought Ultimate Studio Drums Bundle that is (or were in the group buy). Also, if you already had the Infinite Player and chose the Ludwig Jazz kit just re-download that and install it again for the fixes for that one separately.

On the Global Patch Update #2 please read the instructions. Because some of the instrument names (not multis but individual instrument kit pieces) are different you need to remove one of the folders and then install it. Not hard to do at all but unless you don't mind duplicate names next to each other I suggest doing that. It will work either way but following the directions will be "cleaner" looking is all.

Every kit was improved in areas of dynamics, alternating hits and any issues with hat choking were fixed as well as new improved V-Drum closed edge. Now this isn't the talked about further enhanced hi hat control that is also coming. I am testing that out tomorrow and it will be implemented in the regular release versions of Drum Masters 2, Ken Scott Collection and Neil Peart Drums. It will ALSO be a free update for Ultimate Studio Drums Bundle users. No worries. We like to do free updates.

Don't forget there's also the free bonus 170+ Drum Masters midi files (aka SquidiMidi) in your user area too! That's all that was promised and more! We hope you're happy.

There's also a SEQUEL to this group buy with more kits with the same features, more convolution impulse responses from other famous studios, more midi and some other things coming any day. It will probably be announced officially tomorrow.

Also an email will be going out tomorrow. Tonight we're working on our email servers so it can't go out... but your patches ARE there! So good thing you read the forum. You can get it first before the mad rush. ;)

Squids wrote: On the Global Patch Update #2 please read the instructions.
Notice that the link to the instructions are located at the top of the "Downloads" section in your Esoundz account.

Hi,

I've been away from that thread for some times now, thanks for the email with details about the lasts news. :wink:

Just seen the DVD is now available, but one thing is not clear to me... on the vital info thread, it is stated that the DVD option is $50 + shipping, but when I try to place the order, the select a shipping method part gives only one choice : "no shipping cost : $0.00"

So, are there shipping costs or not (I live in France)?
(note that $0.00 is ok for me, just want to be sure before placing the order. :D )

Thanks.

Quick question.
The instructions say:

"1.) Locate the Ultimate Studio Drums folder found in your INSTRUMENTS Folder and DELETE it.

This is found here: Infinite Player/Instruments/Ultimate Studio Drums

2.) Drag the Global Patch Update Zip to the Library Installer. You will be asked to locate the Infinite Player folder. Once you have located that folder, the Global Patch Update will be installed and all of the drum kit Multis and Instruments will be updated with the latest fixes and enhancements."

From what I can tell this process is deleting some of my kits.

Before I had:
OWD 01
OWD 02
OWD 04
OWD 05
OWD 06
OWD 08
OWD 09
OWD 10
OWD 12
OWD 13
OWD Kit 9
OWD Kit 13

Now I have:
OWD 01
OWD 02
OWD 04
OWD 05
OWD 06
OWD 08
OWD 09
OWD 10
OWD 12
OWD 13

Should I install kits OWD Kit 9 and OWD Kit 13 again?
If so, can I just move them from the trash to their appropriate folder? Or should I use the Library Installer?
If I use the Library Installer, what are the names of the files for OWD Kit 9 and OWD Kit 13?

For example, I have a file named ipowdstkit13amb_owd.zip but I have no idea whether that installs "OWD 13" or "OWD Kit 13"
The same goes for ipowdstkit09dry_owd.zip

Or are OWD Kit 9 and OWD Kit 13 part of a different file?

TIA.
esoundz name: Helio

I'm not sure but I think that those two kits were duplicates that that remained since the first update. OWD Kit 9 & OWD kit 13 are the same than OWD 09 & OWD 13, I believe.

standalone wrote:I'm not sure but I think that those two kits were duplicates that that remained since the first update. OWD Kit 9 & OWD kit 13 are the same than OWD 09 & OWD 13, I believe.
Thanks. They probably are, but since the size varies a bit I just want to make sure.
For example, the size of OWD 13 old version, new version, and OWD Kit 13 is slightly different for all 3.

Squids wrote:There's also a SEQUEL to this group buy with more kits with the same features, more convolution impulse responses from other famous studios, more midi and some other things coming any day. It will probably be announced officially tomorrow.
Squids,

I think you're addicted to these group buys as much as we are. Call it a codependent relationship with Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and PayPal being the third-party beneficiaries of our codependency!

Dv wrote:Hi,

I've been away from that thread for some times now, thanks for the email with details about the lasts news. :wink:

Just seen the DVD is now available, but one thing is not clear to me... on the vital info thread, it is stated that the DVD option is $50 + shipping, but when I try to place the order, the select a shipping method part gives only one choice : "no shipping cost : $0.00"

So, are there shipping costs or not (I live in France)?
(note that $0.00 is ok for me, just want to be sure before placing the order. :D )

Thanks.
No there is a shipping cost - especially for international. If it didn't show up please contact allen (at) esoundz (dot) com so you can pay it separately so it gets there. Or if you didn't order yet try it again now. It should be showing the relevant shipping costs to your area.

Ah Xoc Kin wrote:Quick question.
The instructions say:

"1.) Locate the Ultimate Studio Drums folder found in your INSTRUMENTS Folder and DELETE it.

This is found here: Infinite Player/Instruments/Ultimate Studio Drums

2.) Drag the Global Patch Update Zip to the Library Installer. You will be asked to locate the Infinite Player folder. Once you have located that folder, the Global Patch Update will be installed and all of the drum kit Multis and Instruments will be updated with the latest fixes and enhancements."

From what I can tell this process is deleting some of my kits.

Before I had:
OWD 01
OWD 02
OWD 04
OWD 05
OWD 06
OWD 08
OWD 09
OWD 10
OWD 12
OWD 13
OWD Kit 9
OWD Kit 13

Now I have:
OWD 01
OWD 02
OWD 04
OWD 05
OWD 06
OWD 08
OWD 09
OWD 10
OWD 12
OWD 13

Should I install kits OWD Kit 9 and OWD Kit 13 again?
If so, can I just move them from the trash to their appropriate folder? Or should I use the Library Installer?
If I use the Library Installer, what are the names of the files for OWD Kit 9 and OWD Kit 13?

For example, I have a file named ipowdstkit13amb_owd.zip but I have no idea whether that installs "OWD 13" or "OWD Kit 13"
The same goes for ipowdstkit09dry_owd.zip

Or are OWD Kit 9 and OWD Kit 13 part of a different file?

TIA.
OWD 09 and OWD Kit 9 are the same thing. It was an early naming inconsistency of folders that has since been fixed. So, you have them all.

Squids wrote: OWD 09 and OWD Kit 9 are the same thing. It was an early naming inconsistency of folders that has since been fixed. So, you have them all.
Thanks Squids. You're the bestest! :D

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”