GROUP BUY: Ocean Way & Drum Masters Ultimate Studio Drum Bundle!

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Squids wrote:
objectman wrote:Nabbed it. Last at the finish line probably! I usually keep my credit card topped right up - but for this I was happy to go into the "borrowing zone". :lol:
You just made it. On Monday we're sending out a newsletter letting esoundz customers know that this is the LAST week to get that deal.
just an opinion for anyone thats still on the fence with regard to buying into this deal.. Just recently i have nabbed some great bargains.. namely.. a vip update for Atmosphere to Omnisphere and a free Trilogy to Trillion update.. some really good PSP Eq's very cheap, and got a new UAD plug on special and vouchers.. but i have to say this deal has been incredible!.. as far as bang for the buck goes.. i cant remember money so well spent.. Lots of great and very usable drum sounds worth FAR more than the entrance fee.. and thats without all the great extras and special offers... I'm getting superior results in much less time.. highly recommended.. It's very rare for me to rave about a product but for the money this one is a real gem... and customer support has been excellent.. many thanks to Squids and co for putting this together... very happy customer..

paul...

Haven't done this in a few pages, so here goes!

DarkStar's New Page News:
This thread and forum is best for discussion about the product and features, how it works etc, not for reporting download, installation or usage issues.
  • Please don't post "I haven't got my "X" yet. What should I do?"
    The answer is the same: email support or directly to allen:
    allen <<at>>esoundz <<dot>> com
  • If you find an issue that you think others may have too or you know the solution, post it in this thread:
    Drum Masters & OWD Community Support Thread
  • And look through the Vital Info thread too:
    Ultimate Studio Drums Group Buy VITAL INFO THREAD
    -----
  • You can still purchase Ultimate Studio Drums, but only one more week!
    Here is the link. And don't forget to refer someone!

I gave me epointz to madhatter as he nudged me over the line. So many posts to catch up on in this thread.
Edwin James Lynch (aka "Objectman")
Dead Eddy | Day Job | Follow Me

objectman wrote:I gave me epointz to madhatter as he nudged me over the line. So many posts to catch up on in this thread.
And check out the other threads listed above.

OK, fence sitters, if you are wondering whether or not to buy into this deal while you still can, YOU SHOULD! It now has all the wrinkles ironed out, as far as I can tell, and there is no better collection of drum samples out there at any price, but for this price, you'd be silly not to. The threads may give you the impression that this whole proposition was best left alone, but it's not like that. It was an ambitious project that only got more complex, the more the folks at eSoundz did to thank their customers for patience. And in the end, they came through. They went the extra mile and then another mile beyond that to deliver something that most companies would spend a year perfecting. If you miss this deal, you'll regret it forever.

Are all the final versions of the sounds uploaded? Also, what do we do with them? What order should they be installed, etc.

thenumber23 wrote:Are all the final versions of the sounds uploaded? Also, what do we do with them? What order should they be installed, etc.
Global Patch Update last is all you have to be concerned about. There's also a SECOND Global Patch Update that we'll have by Tuesday that should be the final on that. The only thing left will be SquidiMidi files. That is being redone and should be available in about a week but I will keep you posted.

Btw have you guys seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQXp_GqtshM It's the NDV Mapex Blasticks kit in action. Dimitar video. Check it out. If you haven't noticed he's quickly become one of our main demo makers. We've been cranking up the demo making recently and Dimi has been a huge help.

A little word of warning for those who might be interested in a la carte OWD kits. That might be going away soon! I am not sure if we'll be able to offer them that way in the future so if you wanted to snap some of those up now is the time to do it. After that it will be back to $500-$800 range to get into those Multichannel kits (instead of just $59 each like they are now). Remember though that you DO need to have the OCEAN WAY DRUMS EXPANDABLE PLAYER license (similar to what you did with the Infinite Player license within Kontakt Player). That is the "gateway" to be able to play those sounds and it comes WITH OWD DL EDition, Silver or Gold which you have a coupon for just for being in this group buy. If you time this right you can get an exceptional deal on something like OWD Silver and pick out some extra kits before this is not longer offered.

The coupons for upgrades will still last until the end of February when they expire. But the a la carte downloads could stop as soon as the end of this month! I am working on letting that extend longer but I have a feeling even if we get that it won't be around permanently so... last chance for a la carte downloads of OWD kits basically. You might only have a week left for that. I wanted to give you all a head's up so it didn't just disappear without some kind of warning. We'll put a blurb about it in the newsletter going out tomorrow.

objectman wrote:I gave me epointz to madhatter as he nudged me over the line. So many posts to catch up on in this thread.
Many thanks, objectman! :D

Just happened to be at the right place at the right time, I guess. I will be sure to spend those pointz wisely and will return the favor with my next purchase (soon!)

- 'hatter
- madhatter (on esoundz)

Squids wrote:A little word of warning for those who might be interested in a la carte OWD kits. That might be going away soon! I am not sure if we'll be able to offer them that way in the future so if you wanted to snap some of those up now is the time to do it. After that it will be back to $500-$800 range to get into those Multichannel kits (instead of just $59 each like they are now).
Thank's for the hint, I immediately bought another Drum Masters Kit after reading this - the Jerry Marotta Mallet Kit which is yet another fantastic Kit. Together with the Danny Gottlieb, the Blackwell YamStick and all the other Kits from the Goup Buy I have enough DrumKits for the next decade now.

Sampleconstruct wrote:...I have enough DrumKits for the next decade now.
I agree... but I don't think I'll stop. :wink: :hihi:

Reverend Rhythm wrote:
I thought I had enough many times. I remember my Kawai drum machine purchase in 1986 with 24 real samples (must better than an 808, DUH!!). Then Roland "Drums N Bass" for JV board. Then Battery + DFH samples. Even a few older drum collections from SR. Today OWD & DM in Kontakt seem to be the ultimate.

But with improved samples AND especially improved implementation of playback / control , you'll want tomorrow's sample library. An example of this is the hihat control changes recently made to this group buy version -- a real advantage we didn't have 3 months ago.

With a collection like OWD or DM, the samples are definitely premium and will sound great for years to come. But to be certain, the future will see larger assortments of hit variety, articulation variations, better mike control, more efficient implementation, and definitely better trigger control that will be hard to pass on. Not just the "buy the latest" craze, but it will be an honest obvious improvement you'll want in your music.

IMap is currently the best commericially available keyboard implementation, but someone (probably Squids) will develop it into something better = "Squidi-Map 2010"?

We'll see how long you'll last. Better buy that 10 TB Harddrive now.:lol:

Redhawk1 wrote:
oddgrooves wrote:Hi,

Just a reminder that the OddGrooves upgrade offer expires today, Jan 22.

To recap, ALL OddGrooves products (over 7000 advanced MIDI grooves in lots of different formats, including I-MAP) for the very, very low price of 79 usd (plus VAT for EU citizens).

Last chance to get it at this low price!

Grab it right here:

http://www.oddgrooves.com/GB_upgrade.html

Cheers,
Per
Hi Per..
I have been trying to purchase your midi grooves.. and have been trying to reach the checkout stage.. but it just freezes up on me... hope i don't miss this offer.. any help would be appreciated..

thanks... paul...

SNAP!! Got the email but couldn't get any further :(
ESoundz - KindredSpirit

Kevin63101 wrote:
Reverend Rhythm wrote:
I thought I had enough many times. I remember my Kawai drum machine purchase in 1986 with 24 real samples (must better than an 808, DUH!!). Then Roland "Drums N Bass" for JV board. Then Battery + DFH samples. Even a few older drum collections from SR. Today OWD & DM in Kontakt seem to be the ultimate.

But with improved samples AND especially improved implementation of playback / control , you'll want tomorrow's sample library. An example of this is the hihat control changes recently made to this group buy version -- a real advantage we didn't have 3 months ago.

With a collection like OWD or DM, the samples are definitely premium and will sound great for years to come. But to be certain, the future will see larger assortments of hit variety, articulation variations, better mike control, more efficient implementation, and definitely better trigger control that will be hard to pass on. Not just the "buy the latest" craze, but it will be an honest obvious improvement you'll want in your music.

IMap is currently the best commericially available keyboard implementation, but someone (probably Squids) will develop it into something better = "Squidi-Map 2010"?

We'll see how long you'll last. Better buy that 10 TB Harddrive now.:lol:
I think I meant e "felt" Plug-In-decade which is roughly a year or so in real time :)

Newsletter will go out tomorrow... busy day today. So, coming up soon we'll Steven Slate Drums EX for download with a coupon to all people who bought Ultimate Studio Drums. Those are nice for some different sounds - more processed and in your face. You can make some nice hybrid kits between DM2, OWD and SSD I'm sure that would be interesting.

Then we're going to have pre-order and soon release for Drum Masters 2 Signature Kits Vol. 1 and 2 with a coupon to save the FULL price of the GB off of BOTH/EITHER of those. That is pretty awesome... more kits, more IR and more overall hybrid kits you can make.

The manual is coming this week and I may do a little something interactive in our forum as well so you can ask questions about specific things... it will be cool.

Videos are coming. First there will be screen capture going through the various features in action. Then we'll start to have some cool videos of drummers playing V-Drums. The first will be John Blackwell who is coming to Sonic Reality's studio on February 4th to do a midi session (yes, we're capturing his midi grooves to go along with his kits and will be doing the same for most of the other drummers... so not just SquidiMidi but famous drummer's midi files coming as well... and we might give you all a free taste of that too! See? We're cool that way.) I will let you know if we do any live streaming from the session - something we may start doing as well. If not we'll have footage for Sonic Reality TV www.sonicreality.tv

What else... there's more but I have to go eat (even a Squid needs to eat) but there's some other good news I wanted to share... oh, we'll have a couple more months of OWD downloads a la carte. Just got the okay for that so not the SCARE I said before but still it isn't going to be around forever so grab it or plan for grabbing it while you can at those prices on www.downloadablesoundz.com/o2.php Remember you need the OWD Expandable Player for those though. You CAN use your epointz toward anything on DownloadableSoundz.com btw.

More news coming...

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”