GROUP BUY: Ocean Way & Drum Masters Ultimate Studio Drum Bundle!

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kelvyn wrote:I bought in to the last GB... do the changes also effect those purchases (V DRum Mappng) and what about round robin? I like the sound of the Ocean Way drums so I could be interested. Do they have round robin and V Drum mapping?
eSoundz page, More Info tab wrote:Get a first taste of the soon to be released Drum Masters 2 Signature Drum Kits which feature specialized stereo mixed kits that have mix control of the kick, snare, hats, toms and cymbals as well as all new features designed for Roland® V-Drums™ as well as ANY E-Drum controller via a new "Custom Mode" with midi learn for tailoring the kit to any controller set up. Drum Masters 2 kits also include GM, iMap and a new Performance mode for other mapping options for playing from the keyboard or other midi controllers.
Squids has said that round-robin was in Drum Masters 1.5 so I would think that it will be in these DM2 kits too. Have a look at:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=260437
Chester Desmond wrote:Sounds really good and I've been kicking myself for missing the last Drum Masters GB... I'd like to echo Berfab's questions above mostly but also ask for an explanation of "stereo" as it applies to these kits (ie as opposed to discrete mics) and also to ask if the kits included are pre-selected or if we will choose from a list.
I'd also +1 for ezplayer pro as an extra (I need the Infinite Player too so an either\or there would be a little less exciting than getting both :) )

I'm 99% in once I see a list of the kits included.

Thanks for another sweet deal Squids..
Stereo vs Multi-track Kits (in Infinite Player):
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 70&start=9

List of Kits: see the eSoundz page, More Info tab or the Sounds tab.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Squids wrote:• Sonic Reality's Infinite Player plug-in powered by Kontakt*
• 12 different Ocean Way® Drums DL mix kits from dry to medium to ambient
• 15 Drum Masters 2 Signature Drum Kits featuring drum kits of legendary drummers
• Ambient Impulse Responses from some of the best sounding studio rooms in the world to use with Infinite Player/Kontakt's convolution reverb
• Bonus Midi Grooves
1) Which kits # from Ocean Way Drums DL are included? I'd like to listen to the OWD demos on the exact ones.

2) Are the individual samples accessible outside of Infinite Player? (eg to be remapped in Kontakt, Battery, etc blended with other sample libraries)

Also excited about the new Drum Masters 2 series kits & other goodies! Thanks in advance -- you keep topping yourself on these group buys! :)

bronxsound wrote:Also if someone already has full Kontakt it is possible to use it as a library.
Yes, they should be usable in Kontakt but I think that you will still need Infinite Player installed to authorize the Sounds library
Inspired by ...

I'm in! Would also like something other than Infinite Player since I bought that as well.

Want to refer someone? Look at: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=217796

Or just pick me: tedyoung

And to join click here: http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?Prod ... ode=USDKVR

esoundz name:

Kevin63101 wrote: 1) Which kits # from Ocean Way Drums DL are included? I'd like to listen to the OWD demos on the exact ones.

2) Are the individual samples accessible outside of Infinite Player? (eg to be remapped in Kontakt, Battery, etc blended with other sample libraries)
1) List of Kits: see the eSoundz page, More Info tab or the Sounds tab.

2) In Kontakt, they should be available as individual instruments, don't know that you should (can) remap them to other keys though
Inspired by ...

Thanks for the info Darkstar, I never noticed those handy tabs that tell me everything I need to know !! epointz go to you my good man..

for anyone asking about content, this link

http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?Prod ... ode=USDKVR

has the MORE INFO and SOUNDS tabs that Darkstar is referring to.

You're welcome, thank you very much :)

I didn't notice those tabs at first either.
Inspired by ...

acidplanet and sound on sound forums are updated :)

and just in case someone is missing info about this exceptional deal

Price triers:
1-25 Joined $149.
26-50 Joined $139.
51-100 Joined $129.
101-150 Joined $119.
151-200 Joined $109.
201+ Joined $99 (Final Price)

What You Get When 200+ People Join!

Everything in the "Ultimate Studio Drums Group Buy" is downloadable exclusively from eSoundz.com This is a limited-time bundle that includes the following kits that are playable from Sonic Reality's latest Infinite Player plug-in powered by Kontakt 3.5:

• Sonic Reality's Infinite Player plug-in powered by Kontakt*
• 12 different Ocean Way® Drums DL mix kits from dry to medium to ambient
• 15 Drum Masters 2 Signature Drum Kits featuring drum kits of legendary drummers
• Ambient Impulse Responses from some of the best sounding studio rooms in the world to use with Infinite Player/Kontakt's convolution reverb
• Bonus Midi Grooves

* If you already own the Infinite Player you can get a brand new previously unreleased Drum Masters 2 Ludwig® Jazz Kit instead!

>>>Join here<<<

Feel free to refer me: lukianowicz

15 people are already in. Much better result so far than Sonnox GB and in just one day :D I wonder why :)

1) These are all Stereo Mix kits (not discrete mics) but with discrete channels for mixing, correct?

These are stereo kit pieces which do allow individual control of the volume of each kit piece - so you can adjust snare, kick, each tom, hats, crashes, rides etc. But you can't adjust the individual discrete mics of each kit piece. We call those "Multitrack" in Drum Masters world and "Multichannel" in the OWD world. However, there is one extra thing you can do in THIS group buy which is mix in the convolution room ambience from the various studios Drum Masters and OWD are recorded in. This allows you to match up ambiences between kits and do other cool things. So it is semi-multitrack at the end of the day. Just not as deep but also not as intensive on the computer, ram and HD.

2) Can all the pieces from all the kits be mixed and matched with each other (i.e. OWD kit 10 snare with a DM kick, etc.)?

Yes! That's the idea. When I say one of the bonuses may be HYBRID KITS that is what I mean. Kits that combine the different kit pieces between them. Of course half the fun is doing that yourself... until the cows come home. The combinations you can make between 27 kits is HUGE.

3) Are the OWD DL kits an assortment (you don't get all the treatments for each kit) or do you get all 3 treatments for each DL kit in the package?

If you mean "mixes" (ie. Dry, Medium and Ambient) then you only get what is specified. Most of the kits you get one mix of except Kit 4 and Kit 10 where you get two mixes to get an idea of what the full DL edition (that has all three mixes per kit) is like... or you get an idea of what the Silver/Gold/Platinum Editions are like because they have 6 mixes (and you can make your own mixes). By mixes I do mean in this case the blending of the discrete mics (such as directs, overheads, various room positions etc.)

Here's a list of the kits and the mixes from OWD that you get in this:

Ocean Way® Drum Kit 1 Dry
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 2 Medium
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 4 Dry
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 4 Ambient
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 5 Medium
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 6 Ambient
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 8 Dry
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 9 Dry
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 10 Dry
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 10 Ambient
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 12 Dry
Ocean Way® Drum Kit 13 Medium

Remember also that we give away Kit 10 Medium for free too (and we'll have it for Infinite Player as well) so you have all three mixes for Kit 10 just to know what that's like.

4) What is new or different here for those that might already own OWD DL or Drum Masters 1?

Well, first, OWD DL Edition comes with 5 Kits and then you can pick 2 more. While they do all have three mixes each vs. 1-2 mixes each in this GB, you do get 10 different OWD Kits in this... and for half the price of DL. So, unless you have Kits 1,2,4,5,6,8,9,10,12 and 13 then it might be a good deal for a variety of kits perhaps. There are a total of 15 possible DL kits to get and each one is normally $39. so for potentially just $99 in this GB you get a bargain... and that's not even considering the expandable Infinite Player that comes with this and the Drum Masters 2 kits.

From Drum Masters 2 compared to Drum Masters 1, besides the updated scripts/patches (which are free to DM1 users anyway) there is brand new sample content that can be found in the following kits:

Drum Masters 2 Collins Kit
Drum Masters 2 Duke Kit
Drum Masters 2 Doctor Nirvana Kit
Drum Masters 2 JB Sensitone™ Kit
Drum Masters 2 JB Danger Ogletree Kit
Drum Masters 2 JB Supraphonic™ Kit
Drum Masters 2 JB Brady Deep
Drum Masters 2 Bonhm Ludwig® Kit
Drum Masters 2 Stairway Levee Kit

Even those last two Bonham kits are a bit different than the Bonzo Drum Masters kit. They use different mics and hits from the same session as well as an echoey "castle-like" room (not a real castle but a stone wall room that is similar). The others are mainly brand new snares and tailored Tama, Sonor, Gretsch and Premier kits with various combinations of kit pieces (part new samples and part hybrids with other kit pieces in DM). You get the Nirvana Tama snare and a bunch of other cool snares.

Plus, when you say Drum Masters 1 - there were many different products in that series from Silver to Gold to Platinum to the Complete Kits or a la carte kits. So obviously there are even MORE new kits for people that didn't have everything to begin with. But even if you DID have everything in Drum Masters 1 there are enough NEW samples in this to be worth it, not to mention all new patches including some potential exclusive hybrid multis (ok, we're pretty set on doing it no worries but I'd like to see the GB hit the big numbers before we say officially) with kits that combine all of the various OWD and DM kit pieces together for some very interesting new animals that you will only find this one time here.

I hope that answers your questions Berf!

Chester Desmond wrote:Sounds really good and I've been kicking myself for missing the last Drum Masters GB... I'd like to echo Berfab's questions above mostly but also ask for an explanation of "stereo" as it applies to these kits (ie as opposed to discrete mics) and also to ask if the kits included are pre-selected or if we will choose from a list.
I'd also +1 for ezplayer pro as an extra (I need the Infinite Player too so an either\or there would be a little less exciting than getting both :) )

I'm 99% in once I see a list of the kits included.

Thanks for another sweet deal Squids..
There's a list on the SOUNDS tab and also MORE INFO. This is a new thing we're going to do for all major products on esoundz - tabs where you can get more organized info! It'll be a glorious thing. ;) We're cleaning up our act and trying to be more consistent about that stuff. Notice the FAQS!!!!!

I sort of just answered your other question but I will elaborate a bit on that. There's a different between a stereo kit that has the whole kit in one Kontakt Instrument and comes out one stereo output vs. THESE quasi-multitrack stereo kits. The difference is first that they are individual kit pieces that are each their own instrument and are a kit via a MULTI. This is great because it makes swapping kit pieces SUPER easy (just unload a kit piece and load in another one form any other kit and save back the multi... new hybrid kit THAT simple!). But secondly each kit piece is routed to the appropriate individual stereo output for that semi-multitrack aspect. You get at the bottom output section the following:

So as you can see you can control the individual levels of each drum. Plus you can tailor it on the kit piece itself (if you wanted to say adjust the level of each tom within the toms). You have quite a bit of mixing control! But what you don't have is the blending of the mics. Those are the multichannel/multitrack kits. They are layers on top of each other and take a lot more polyphony but they allow you to adjust the various direct, snare bottom, overheads and room mics. These are pre-mixed per kit piece already.

But, there IS one extra bit to this that I haven't talked much about YET but I will show you some REALLY cool examples soon and that is the Convolution Reverb and studio impulse responses that come with this Group Buy. You can adjust room ambience that way and put a bunch of kit pieces from across the 27 kits into the "same space" if you load say an Ocean Way ambient hit or a Drum Masters studio ambience or even put everything into a completely different ambient space such as The Farm (Genesis' studio with stone walls) or Emblem's Echo Chamber (that's Rob Thomas's studio with impulses recorded by Ken Scott - all of those come wiht this group buy as a free bonus!).

So... $149 with the very likely chance of being $99 is YOURS for the taking but I can tell you that there is very little chance this product will be available again given the strings I had to pull to be able to once and only once combine Ocean Way Drums with Drum Masters and the Infinite Player.

Here's the link: http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?Prod ... ode=USDKVR

Squids wrote: I hope that answers your questions Berf!
And then some, thanks. I know there are a lot of us out there with the same concerns so I figured I'd put it all on the table.

A very nice package indeed.

Are the new scripts/patches for DM1 owners available yet? Did I miss a memo? :dog:

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Oh, I almost forgot. Are there any more OWD/DM kits coming out in DrumCore format? This is by far the easiest format for my personal workflow, and the DC OWD 10 kit is great.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Appreciate the detailed response Dave... I'm in at #17! Looking forward to drumming on New Year's Day....

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”