GROUP BUY: Ocean Way & Drum Masters Ultimate Studio Drum Bundle!

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok. When Ocean Way Drums appeared some time ago I thought: "Another drum sampler. And not cheap at all". So I've stayed away from it for a long time.
Few months ago I managed to get a "basic" version thanks to great generosity of people who referred me during IKM group buys. In other words it wasn't very planned purchase. It was value for money pick.

Now here's a bit for those who are hesitating get in or not.
GET IT REGARDLESS IF YOU HAVE MONEY OR NOT.

The best drums I've ever heard in digital domain. Perfectly sampled, full of expression and dynamics, easy to set up and adjust in Kontakt player, iMAP thing is absolutely fantastic (credits go to SR of course).
Also if someone already has full Kontakt it is possible to use it as a library.

Obviously snares and kicks, etc sounds so real thanks to sampling the instruments at many stages. But the actual "real" sounding effect comes from iMap. It's dead easy to program realisticly sounding drum part including ghost notes, double kicks, rolls etc. Watch SR videos!

But my favourites are cymbals. THE BEST ever.

Recently I've let go Toontrack Superior Drummer 2.0. Comparing to OWD it hasn't simply matched it in terms of ease of use and sound quality.

Spread the word guys. It's a no brainer.
Last edited by bronxsound on Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Price triers:
1-25 Joined $149.
26-50 Joined $139.
51-100 Joined $129.
101-150 Joined $119.
151-200 Joined $109.
201+ Joined $99 (Final Price)

What You Get When 200+ People Join!

Everything in the "Ultimate Studio Drums Group Buy" is downloadable exclusively from eSoundz.com This is a limited-time bundle that includes the following kits that are playable from Sonic Reality's latest Infinite Player plug-in powered by Kontakt 3.5:

• Sonic Reality's Infinite Player plug-in powered by Kontakt*
• 12 different Ocean Way® Drums DL mix kits from dry to medium to ambient
• 15 Drum Masters 2 Signature Drum Kits featuring drum kits of legendary drummers
• Ambient Impulse Responses from some of the best sounding studio rooms in the world to use with Infinite Player/Kontakt's convolution reverb
• Bonus Midi Grooves

* If you already own the Infinite Player you can get a brand new previously unreleased Drum Masters 2 Ludwig® Jazz Kit instead!

>>>Join here<<<

Feel free to refer me: lukianowicz

In at number 12 (great deal), half way to 1st price point already!
Epointz went to morelia, and why not?
Don

Squids wrote:
Reverend Rhythm wrote:Did I hear something about an esoundz group buy?
Yep! What do you think? Can you handle it?

This one should be good because it will happen while we're getting all of our Drum Masters 2 marketing stuff out there like videos and tutorials on how it works... maybe even a free kit!
Oh yeah! I can handle it!

And to add to what Bronxsound said, I agree! OWD are awesome! You will not be sorry about buying this.

Good! This will be a fun one. Thanks for the kind words. Ocean Way Drums is really great and the new Drum Masters 2 kits are as well in other ways. My goal over the next few weeks is to start showing what they are capable of in more detail because they really are different than other kits out there in many ways. It needs to be shown and heard more. I am going to enjoy doing that because I'm very proud of what we've done with drum samples.

This really looks like a killer package.

I have a couple of questions that might move things along:

1) These are all Stereo Mix kits (not discrete mics) but with discrete channels for mixing, correct?

2) Can all the pieces from all the kits be mixed and matched with each other (i.e. OWD kit 10 snare with a DM kick, etc.)?

3) Are the OWD DL kits an assortment (you don't get all the treatments for each kit) or do you get all 3 treatments for each DL kit in the package?

4) What is new or different here for those that might already own OWD DL or Drum Masters 1?

This gb will hit its targets very quickly. A very cool end of year goodie!

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

I've posted the info over at the Cakewalk forums and the Andy Sneap forums as well.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=1886881

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/equi ... p-buy.html

Trying to get some momentum behind this great Group Buy opportunity!

epointz ID: DevlinSP

I would like to remind you that a demo kit (kit number 10) is available for download and fully usable, so you can get a test of what's in the complete package (also available as free download fo Reason). Just point to: http://www.esoundz.com/freesoundz.php

ePointz: autodafe (I need some, so.... ;-) )

Sounds really good and I've been kicking myself for missing the last Drum Masters GB... I'd like to echo Berfab's questions above mostly but also ask for an explanation of "stereo" as it applies to these kits (ie as opposed to discrete mics) and also to ask if the kits included are pre-selected or if we will choose from a list.
I'd also +1 for ezplayer pro as an extra (I need the Infinite Player too so an either\or there would be a little less exciting than getting both :) )

I'm 99% in once I see a list of the kits included.

Thanks for another sweet deal Squids..

This thread in the esoundz forum has a list of kits and their descriptions: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7b17199843

My personal favorites are:
Drum Masters 2 Bonhm Ludwig® Kit

A classic Ludwig® kit recorded in the style of John Bonham of Led Zeppelin.

Drum Masters 2 Stairway Levee Kit

A second kit in the style of John Bonham which features an emulation of the ambient drum sound from Led Zeppelin's 4th album. This drum kit is exclusive only to this collection.

Thanks Rev.. looks like a nice selection ...and that's just the DM2 kits!! :-o

I remember from the last DM group buy there was a kit with roto-toms (Nick DV one I think)..will that be one of these?

Sorry for all the questions...

Chester Desmond wrote:Thanks Rev
The funny part was that I wrote the post before I saw yours, Serendipity at work.

Guys here's some further detail to some of your questions from the Esoundz forum. (I assume this is OK to repost)
This is one special deal - no doubt!!
Don
Squids wrote:Hey Don,

Here's some info about the Drum Masters kits included in this group buy:

Get a first taste of the soon to be released Drum Masters 2 Signature Drum Kits which feature specialized stereo mixed kits that have mix control of the kick, snare, hats, toms and cymbals as well as all new features designed for Roland® V-Drums™ as well as ANY E-Drum controller via a new "Custom Mode" with midi learn for tailoring the kit to any controller set up. Drum Masters 2 kits also include GM, iMap and a new Performance mode for other mapping options for playing from the keyboard or other midi controllers. Drum Masters Signature Kit Series feature select drum kits of legendary drummers such as Nick D'Virgilio (Tears for Fears, Genesis), John Blackwell (Prince, Diddy) as well as drum kits in the style of artists such as Phil Collins, John Bonham and many others. As a bonus, the Ultimate Studio Drums Bundle includes the exact Tama® snare drum used on Nirvana's Nevermind album which was supplied by Ross Garfield of Drum Doctors™.

Drum Masters 2 NDV ST Gretsch® Kit

Recorded during the Nick D'Virgilio Drum Masters sessions, this sampled Gretsch® kit provided by Ross Garfield and Drum Doctors was designed to get a progressive rock "Bruford meets Collins" sound.

Drum Masters 2 NDV ST Premier® Kit (Dry)

Recorded during the Nick D'Virgilio Drum Masters sessions at Mower Studios in Pasadena, this is a dry mix for a more upfront direct sound of a mega power drum kit for progressive rock.

Drum Masters 2 NDV ST Premier® Kit (Ambient)

Recorded during the Nick D'Virgilio Drum Masters sessions this is a full ambient mix for a more upfront direct sound of a mega power drum kit for progressive rock. It features the room sound of Mower Studios which was designed by Kevin Gilbert (Toy Matinee, Thud) to be modeled after the Townhouse Studio in London where Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins and many other artists got large stone room drum sounds.

Drum Masters 2 Collins Kit

This is a Mower Studio recorded kit based on the Gretsch with a fat snare tailored in the style of Phil Collins.

Drum Masters 2 Duke Kit

This is a Mower Studio recorded kit based on the Premier with a deep snare tailored in the style of Phil Collins.

Drum Masters 2 Doctor Nirvana Kit

This kit features the same Tama® snare that was used on Nirvana's Nevermind album as well as others such as Offspring and more. It was provided by Ross Garfield The Drum Doctor and recorded at Mower Studios in Pasadena.

Drum Masters 2 NDV ST Blasticks Kit

Recorded in Nashville with Nick D'Virgilio, this is a Mapex® drum kit played with Blasticks (Aka Hot Rods™) for a very earthy pop/folksy sound.

Drum Masters 2 JB Tama® Brush Kit

Recorded in Miami during the John Blackwell Drum Masters sessions this is a Tama® Star Classic Kit played with brushes for a jazz/pop sound.

Drum Masters 2 JB Session Sonor® Kit

An all around great sounding rock and pop kit recorded in Miami. A punchy medium ambient Sonor® kit with a modern acoustic sound.

Drum Masters 2 JB Sensitone Kit

A new kit featuring Pearl® Sensitone Snare with a medium ambient room sound.

Drum Masters 2 JB Danger Ogletree Kit

Ideal for hard rock, this kit really cuts through the mix and features edgy kick, snare and toms.

Drum Masters 2 JB Supraphonic Kit

Featuring a classic 60's Ludwig® Supraphonic Snare, this kit works for both modern and retro drum sounds.

Drum Masters 2 JB Brady Deep

A deep sounding kit ideal for ballads and hard rock, recorded in Miami in a medium ambient room.

Drum Masters 2 Bonhm Ludwig® Kit

A classic Ludwig® kit recorded in the style of John Bonham of Led Zeppelin.

Drum Masters 2 Stairway Levee Kit

A second kit in the style of John Bonham which features an emulation of the ambient drum sound from Led Zeppelin's 4th album. This drum kit is exclusive only to this collection.

Feel free to visit this referral thread and choose one of the members that you can refer at esoundz check out:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=217796

Note that referrals work for ANY (download) purchase at esoundz (not only for Group Buys).

esoundz: MountainKing
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

I bought in to the last GB... do the changes also effect those purchases (V DRum Mappng) and what about round robin? I like the sound of the Ocean Way drums so I could be interested. Do they have round robin and V Drum mapping?

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”