Need help installing drivers for IK Multimedia Stealth Pedal

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have tried to install the drivers and Midi controlling software for the IK multimedia stealth pedal SEVERAL times and each time I receive a message that is something like "whether failed or cancelled the application has stopped". That is a paraphrase, I'm not at my computer at the moment.

Anyway, after that message pops up during the install the whole thing just closes and goes away. I look at my programs list and sometimes it shows up and sometimes it doesn't. I look in my directory and some of the files were installed, but many are empty folders, broken shortcuts, and broken files.

I can't select the stealth pedal as my source of audio in any of my "powered by amplitube" software and when I select ASIO all of the fields are blank or broken. The powered by amplitube software will collect signal from my microphone jack, but I don't have a cable to connect the stealth pedal to the microphone jack and the stealth pedal isn't pushing signal out of the headphone line.

After attempting to install and plugging in the stealth pedal I did receive a red light and then a green light, supposedly telling me it's working.

I have system restored and started over atleast 4 times. I have tried installing x-gear first. I have tried plugging in the stealth pedal in hopes that it will automatically install drivers. I have tried plugging my guitar into every audio in jack.

My computer is a Toshiba Satellite Special Edition A305-S6858 running 64-bit Windows Vista. I also have alcohol 120% installed as a virtual disc drive. I have read that 64-bit Vista and software creating virtual networks/drives might cause problems with this software, but I haven't been able to try installing after removing alcohol and I read that all the problems with 64-bit Vista have been fixed by now.

Do I have to download updates from the user area at IK multimedia? Are there drivers that work for me out there for download? I fancy myself computer savvy, but the lack of technical support and the vague user manuals have made this specific problem extremely frustrating. I spent hours last night trying to get this to work and I'm really pulling my hair out over it. If anyone can offer any bit of help I'd be very grateful.

hi,

i don't have a stealth pedal; but i checked up my user area and found that a new 64bit windows (xp, vista, 7) driver for stealth plug was released on Oct. 19. i believe it's worth trying the new driver which should be available for stealth pedal as well...

just my 2 yen worth from Tokyo.
Nicky (aka "bassman63" here and @esoundz)

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing frustration. My first suggestion would be something you've already done - X-Gear should be installed first since the version that comes with StealthPedal basically authorizes everything you need and then the drivers are there to do their job.

You definitely should grab the newest drivers available at our web site and install those. If that does not work, please contact our support team via your user area. I will also ping some folks to see if I missed anything.

One final note is that, while this is a great subforum of KVR and Sonic Reality is a superb IK dealer, they are not the IK support forum. There are tons here using IK Multimedia products though and the help you all give each other is most definitely appreciated (as well as appreciation for Squids allowing us to discuss IK a lot and helping out directly too - but probably saying "get yer own forum!" under his breath ;) ). We may miss things posted here if we don't see them right away, but always strive to provide the best support possible.

sidewinder102 wrote:I have tried to install the drivers and Midi controlling software for the IK multimedia stealth pedal SEVERAL times and each time I receive a message that is something like "whether failed or cancelled the application has stopped". That is a paraphrase, I'm not at my computer at the moment.
Make sure you are using the new 64-bit drivers. The 32 bit drivers will not work under Vista 64-bit.

-- Brett
"In the rhythm of music a secret is hidden;
If I were to divulge it, it would overturn the world."
-- Jelaleddin Rumi

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Sorry to hear that you are experiencing frustration. My first suggestion would be something you've already done - X-Gear should be installed first since the version that comes with StealthPedal basically authorizes everything you need and then the drivers are there to do their job.

You definitely should grab the newest drivers available at our web site and install those. If that does not work, please contact our support team via your user area. I will also ping some folks to see if I missed anything.

One final note is that, while this is a great subforum of KVR and Sonic Reality is a superb IK dealer, they are not the IK support forum. There are tons here using IK Multimedia products though and the help you all give each other is most definitely appreciated (as well as appreciation for Squids allowing us to discuss IK a lot and helping out directly too - but probably saying "get yer own forum!" under his breath ;) ). We may miss things posted here if we don't see them right away, but always strive to provide the best support possible.
Well, I searched the whole internet for a solution, and by that I mean I used google, and this forum came up more often than any other forum and no official IK forum came up. Also, I made sure to read the forum rules before posting and while I was there I read something on constructive criticism.

IK multimedia's Stealth Pedal and Amplitube products are choked with DRM. What if I didn't have the internet readily available and I spent my money on your products? What if I want to install the software that I purchased more than 5 times? Also, on the topic of IK's support forum. If there is one it is far too hard to locate and if there isn't one then I would think simply the existence of a forum could improve your customer service dramatically. Look at this thread for example, I posted a problem and received constructive responses in less than 24 hours.

No where on the package, at the site I purchased from (www.guitarcenter.com (http://www.guitarcenter.com)), or on www.ikmultimedia.com (http://www.ikmultimedia.com) does it say that the Stealth Pedal doesn't ship compatible with 64-bit Vista and from what I've read even before the 64-bit drivers became available, there was no warning except "compatible with microsoft XP or later".

Thanks to the good people here it KVRaudio, including Peter, my problem has been solved and I spent 4 hours last night jamming away, but unless IK Mutlimedia does something to improve their customer service and/or tech support and/or reduce the crippling DRM, I will not be buying their products again.

sidewinder102 wrote: No where on the package, at the site I purchased from (www.guitarcenter.com), or on www.ikmultimedia.com does it say that the Stealth Pedal doesn't ship compatible with 64-bit Vista and from what I've read even before the 64-bit drivers became available, there was no warning except "compatible with microsoft XP or later".

Thanks to the good people here it KVRaudio, including Peter, my problem has been solved and I spent 4 hours last night jamming away, but unless IK Mutlimedia does something to improve their customer service and/or tech support and/or reduce the crippling DRM, I will not be buying their products again.

So you know in the future, Esoundz not only sells IK, they have the best customer service anywhere hands down. If you a situation you can email Allen and he usually will get back to you in a few hours and 9.5 times out of 10 has an answer for you. Not only that, the more you buy here the more discounts you receive plus all the GBs and extras you get. They are not commissioned SP as Guitar Center. Did you ask the GC salesperson?

Simple rule of thumb. If a software app is out before an OS is released, there's a good chance of compatibility problems with drivers, so ask first. If you want to lay blame, then GC should of told you that, not IK
Bobn
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

sidewinder102 wrote: Well, I searched the whole internet for a solution, and by that I mean I used google, and this forum came up more often than any other forum and no official IK forum came up. Also, I made sure to read the forum rules before posting and while I was there I read something on constructive criticism.
FWIW, there is a IK Multimedia-centric Yahoo group (not official). Traffic is low, as no one hardly uses it anymore.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ikmulti/

-- Brett
"In the rhythm of music a secret is hidden;
If I were to divulge it, it would overturn the world."
-- Jelaleddin Rumi

sidewinder102 wrote: Well, I searched the whole internet for a solution, and by that I mean I used google, and this forum came up more often than any other forum and no official IK forum came up. Also, I made sure to read the forum rules before posting and while I was there I read something on constructive criticism.

IK multimedia's Stealth Pedal and Amplitube products are choked with DRM. What if I didn't have the internet readily available and I spent my money on your products? What if I want to install the software that I purchased more than 5 times? Also, on the topic of IK's support forum. If there is one it is far too hard to locate and if there isn't one then I would think simply the existence of a forum could improve your customer service dramatically. Look at this thread for example, I posted a problem and received constructive responses in less than 24 hours.

No where on the package, at the site I purchased from (www.guitarcenter.com), or on www.ikmultimedia.com does it say that the Stealth Pedal doesn't ship compatible with 64-bit Vista and from what I've read even before the 64-bit drivers became available, there was no warning except "compatible with microsoft XP or later".

I definitely only meant it as a gentle reminder that we might not catch the issue as quickly but your points are very well-made and intentioned and I understand. We really do look to provide the best support possible and I'm absolutely going to make sure your concerns are heard. I'll also relay the information about the packaging - I know that sometimes it can be hard, you REALLY have to make the right choice up front due to the lack of agility in changes (especially to things out there already). The DRM concerns will certainly be forwarded to others along with the rest.

Thanks for the input, and for rocking out with the StealthPedal and AmpliTube products for hours. We're musicians too and love to see people able to use the products easily so we take your comments seriously.

well my stealth pedal has only worked right once .... tried everthing .trs to trs cables ground lifts , nothing works , just noise clipping and distorion... anyone out there that has one that works??? using toshiba satellite with vista 32 bit.... 200+bucks ... this aint good at all :help:

skwid12 wrote:well my stealth pedal has only worked right once .... tried everthing .trs to trs cables ground lifts , nothing works , just noise clipping and distorion... anyone out there that has one that works??? using toshiba satellite with vista 32 bit.... 200+bucks ... this aint good at all :help:
I had a Toshiba Satellite but I run 32 XP on it and it worked fine. Now I run it on Vista 64 on a Dell machine and it works like a charm there too. You could have gotten a defective unit. It happens.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

thanks brother , i have bagged it up and am getting ready to return it ... i think it was bad right out of the box.... great for making all kinds of noise thou!!! hahaahah

sidewinder102 wrote:I'm not at my computer at the moment.
Typing with your mind :o
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

Just an FYI, disconnect any wifi devices, as they will cause noise and dropouts. I had that problem out of the box too.
Cheers

well i got the new pedal going , just having a small problem of patches that pin the cpu ... i will suceed!!!

FYI there was an X-Gear update released today. Here's the information about the fix and you can download version 1.5.1 in your User Area:

Released On 30-11-2009

Changes from version 1.5

• resolves an issue with some power amplifiers models that were creating
a loud random noise in some particular conditions.

• resolves an issue that was preventing the Audio Unit plug-in to correctly set the Sample Rate when different from 44.1 kHz.

• Audio Unit plug-in now properly works on 10.4.x OS X versions.

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”