This may help you.

Jim

http://snd.sc/lDMflr

This is a MIDI file triggering real instrument samples from my Lamb Project
The keeper of the Shrine.
http://lldom.blogspot.com
The Lamb Laid Down on MIDI

Thanks ;)

The RMI is used for the phased pad sound isn't it? But what about the lead solo?

And this beat...

I love this song so much!!

Not trying to detract from this string, but:
I've often wanted the entire sound library of Peter Gabriel solo works.

Like so many other posters: yeah, yeah, I know it's technically simple work to dial in, say, the pad from Mercy Street... but wish I had the entire thang from the Prophet 5 settings all the way to the channel settings from the studio board, and whatever Lexicon Reverb had (guessing here on that last part).

I wonder if, as a parting gift when and if he decides to retire from music, if he would release, say, his african drumming loop library to the rest of us common folk? Or the Peter Gabriel vocal sample cd? Or Peter Gabriel ambature IR files (a sort of auto-tune for vocal tonality? to get that PG grit when applied to your own voice). haha, that would take the cake.

Anyways... wish THAT collection existed.

Yes it's the Arp ProSoloist and the lead is that Fuzz Gtr 1. It's sampled in Sonik Synth 2 as well as for Reason, Kontakt and other samplers. However, there is nothing like the real thing in this particular case because of the character of the portamento. However it's close.

If you've never seen this here's a clip of a show I played those instruments live in. Was really fun having them all there on stage - the real thing. This was in '94 before I had everything sampled but even today if I were to do a gig like that I'd try to use as much as possible the real thing - maybe replace just a few things with samples (the RMI for instance can more easily be replicated in samples... especially when run through a Phase 100 or the Phase 100 model in AmpliTube).

Squids wrote: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:30 pm There are other synths on The Lamb. But mostly for the effects (Arp 2600 for example, maybe even an EMS Synthi since Eno was involved). There's also the Moog Taurus of course. But the main one is that ProSoloist. Secret Tony Weapon. ;)
Long dead thread, but worth pointing out that there’s no Taurus on “The Lamb” since it wasn’t introduced until after Lamb was recorded. :D

Yeah, I think it was still the Dewtron Mr. Bassman on the Lamb...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”