If you could have any Genesis sound...

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, now is a chance for you to be heard and affect something. I can't tell you what exactly but if you know me you can imagine. ;)

If you could have any sound(s) from Genesis history, what would it be? You can name a particular instrument if you know those things or you can name a sound from a particular song. This is your chance to request it and you never know what may happen. ;) I CAN tell you that at least someone's wish will come true. That means I am making a little secret contest out of it with a prize that is unknown at the moment but when revealed will be quite enjoyable so... good luck!

Guitar from Firth of Fifth

aMUSEd wrote:Guitar from Firth of Fifth
Ditto.

The sound of Phil Collins' forehead being whacked with a sliver plated dessert spoon. Preferably from around 1976.
If it ain't broke, use it more!

The synth sound in the solo at the end of Entangled for starters.

If you are thinking of something along the lines of Amplitube Steve Hackett then count me in.

Ian

Dimus wrote:The sound of Phil Collins' forehead being whacked with a sliver plated dessert spoon. Preferably from around 1976.
I was going to suggest the sound of Phil falling off his drum stool, but I suppose I'd settle for the dessert spoon thing.

How about the drums from Mama (album - Genesis)? I especially like the snare.

Dimus wrote:The sound of Phil Collins' forehead being whacked with a sliver plated dessert spoon. Preferably from around 1976.
A soup spoon or table spoon?

Guys, PLEASE be more specific. Haha.

I'm kidding btw. Read my next post. Thanks.
Last edited by Squids on Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I know it's clichéd but I like the pad on No Son of Mine. I know it's easy and simple, but I like it.

Acid Mitch wrote:
I was going to suggest the sound of Phil falling off his drum stool, but I suppose I'd settle for the dessert spoon thing.
Actually, if you guys don't mind being a little more serious only because this is somewhat time sensitive and a real legit request in our Sonic Reality company forum. Thanks.

Also, word of warning, if people don't happen to read this first page and start posting about wanting to hear a the sound of Peter Gabriel shaving his head in 1974 then don't be surprised if posts are just deleted for the sake of keeping this useful and focused.

Thread is for Genesis fans only. So, mods feel free to be chop away on this one if you want. Discuss only Genesis-related sounds that you really would actually love to have. This is an extremely rare opportunity I am talking about and I think some of you even know (but don't say please) so... go for it! But, the more you can name specific instruments if you know the better.

Reverend Rhythm wrote:I know it's clichéd but I like the pad on No Son of Mine. I know it's easy and simple, but I like it.
I like that one too. One of my favorite pads is the one that comes in halfway through Mama.

Obvious: The synth in Abacab

I always wondered whats the synthetic fat bass sound in "Land of Confusion", one of my favorite Genesis songs.

I feel so stupid -- all those sonic textures and I can't think of specific ones I'd like to be able to use. This is off the wall, and probably easy enough to reproduce using stuff I have but I'd never get around to trying: the muffled, swelling intro pad and the bright brass/string(?) chord sounds from "Ballad of Big." I know, lame; sorry... like Big Jim Cooley, I deserve to be jumped by an all-star Indian tribe.
Last edited by Meffy on Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There are some fantastic glitchy and blippy electronica sounds in Colony of SlipperMen and Doktor Dyper (from Lamb lies down) - tried replicating them myself before

Oh and the beautiful haunting synth sounds in Hairless heart
Last edited by aMUSEd on Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”