Post your wishlist for SampleTank 3

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I for one really like the interface of ST2.5. It's simple, easy to use, light on CPU, and really gets at the essence of the "ROMpler"/Workstation feel I think they were going for. If you look at SampleTank 1 and compare that to SampleTank 2.5, I think that's more of the sort of improvement I'd like to see: a lot of tweaks to the playback engine (STRETCH was a HUGE leap forward), some additional functionality to the GUI (I think ST1 had four knobs, ST2.5 has eight times that number, or whatever).
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

1 Disk Streaming
2 Import multiple formats
3 Round Robin

In that order. :D
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

are the samples that big that it needs disk streaming?
rsp

zvenx wrote:are the samples that big that it needs disk streaming?
rsp
Some third party ones are, yes. Not to mention if round robin ever became supported.
"a confession without need of absolution, without need of redemption"

They are third party ones beyond sonik reality?
Didn't even know that.
thanks
rsp

vespers75 wrote:
rsp
Some third party ones are, yes. Not to mention if round robin ever became supported.
They could be if it supported it. :D

That and I also have Miroslav. It can get pretty large with some heavy combis.
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

I get hung notes in all of IKs Sampletank software..The only way I can stop it is by lowering the polyphony for that particular channel and raising it again..
I know its not my system because it happened before on my last system too which was totally different to my present one..
I would like to see this behavior fixed and to see a general increase in overall loading times..
More often than not I find myself reaching for something else because I know the Sampletank stuff will take a bit to load up..
Last edited by lotus2035 on Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zvenx wrote:I guess I am the only one then.
rsp
You are not alone. Problem is that ST2 GUi was designed for preset playback, since it's programability is very limited. Therefore, it suits what it is intended for. If they come up with a more programmable option, then the GUi will need a complete revamp IMO. Maybe an edit page, bigger and with all the bells and whistles for editing.
Fernando (FMR)

1. I like the interface but the fonts could be a little bigger.
2. Please improve the import capabilities: Acidized WAV, Rex, SFZ.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

SuperFly76 wrote:
vespers75 wrote:
rsp

For example there are some 300+ mb instruments from gigfiles that can be rough to use...and ones over a gig I wouldn't even bother trying.

And yes, there are a rare few others aside from Sonic Reality that have sounds in ST format.
"a confession without need of absolution, without need of redemption"

vespers75 wrote:
SuperFly76 wrote:
vespers75 wrote:
rsp

For example there are some 300+ mb instruments from gigfiles that can be rough to use...and ones over a gig I wouldn't even bother trying.

And yes, there are a rare few others aside from Sonic Reality that have sounds in ST format.
I think if Sampletank is going to compete, it is going to have to have larger samples and even larger preloaded "multis" (to use a Kontakt word), with many articulations available at the users fingertips.

But, mabye they could leapfrog over the need for disk streaming if they perfected a 64 bit version of the software.

jeffn1
Last edited by jeffn1 on Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
To Hear Original Instrumental "Progtronic Rock" Music, go to:

https://open.spotify.com/album/0rPidJwBYGmKZFUV4joAKN

Arrows for multis... arrows for multis... arrows for multis.

A smoother way to search/order multis would help as well. (I like Kore player in this regard.)

Sampletank is incredibly useful, but auditioning sounds is positively painful.

Evan wrote:- More legible interface (fonts, colors). Resizable (with different sizes ala Kontakt for example) would be great. Less photorealism and screen estate wasting and more usability and ease of use.
That's the most important feature wish for me, as I find it very hard to read the fonts now.

It really makes it less fun to use. :(

Disk streaming and round robin would be great.

I would also like to have the ability to load more than one Combi in an instance.

I would also like to be able to sort the order of rows.

A Scrolling feature that works in Sonar for searching through sound libraries.

The ability to load a combi with a keycommand.

A simple editor that would allow quick loading of wav files with keymapping, pan, and level assignments.

Faster sorting for sound catagories and friendly names in the librarian function.

An option to allow us to use bigger fonts in the GUI. My eyes aren't what they used to be.

bitfreak8 wrote:
Evan wrote:- More legible interface (fonts, colors). Resizable (with different sizes ala Kontakt for example) would be great. Less photorealism and screen estate wasting and more usability and ease of use.
That's the most important feature wish for me, as I find it very hard to read the fonts now.
This is what I was trying to say earlier. Make it easier to see.

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”